Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2007, 11:49 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,666,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
Cute pic, you actually look very familiar..........hmmmm, weird.
Been to Oregon, Washington, MD NC or AZ?? Thats where you would have seen me!!! Well I did drive across the country twice!! Maybe you saw me that way!!!LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2007, 11:49 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,773,822 times
Quote:

I have HP photosmart...I'm confused by these things (as you can see). I've saved photos in a word document before and have emailed them, so I thought I could attach them here, but no. They are scans, not digital (imagine how bad I'd be with digital) but I can't convert them to jpg. I tried to convert the word doc., I tried to rescan them but I never see the option to convert them to one of those particular files (jpg, bmp, etc.).
1. Open the pic in word
2. right click on it and select cut
3. open your picture editing program
4. open a blank palette/page/ canvas or whatever they call it in your program
5. right click on it and paste
6. picture should be there, if not something was done wrong, start over
7. click, file, save as
8. name the picture, choose to save it to desktop and there should be a drop down box that you can select how you want to save it....jpg, gif etc...save as a jpg
9. once saved follow previous instruction on how to upload attachments

Old 01-10-2007, 11:56 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,917,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgrl View Post
I bet it took forever to iron. I don't have the patience to straighten mine at all. I've been using the new sunsilk de-frizz creme, that's the only thing that keeps mine tamed down. And thanks!
I use a ceramic flat-iron, along with a number of products (can't think of the names right now)... and it usually takes over an hour, which is why I don't do that every day! I'd considered the Japanese "thermal reconditioning", but wasn't ready to commit to permanently straight hair.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:59 AM

169 posts, read 678,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I use a ceramic flat-iron, along with a number of products (can't think of the names right now)... and it usually takes over an hour, which is why I don't do that every day! I'd considered the Japanese "thermal reconditioning", but wasn't ready to commit to permanently straight hair.
Yea I don't have that kind of patience and i do love my curly hair. I tried straightening mine a few times just to see what it would look like but didn't get very far. Red curls beat all in my book hehe.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:08 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,327,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Been to Oregon, Washington, MD NC or AZ?? Thats where you would have seen me!!! Well I did drive across the country twice!! Maybe you saw me that way!!!LOL

LOL, well, I've been to MD, NC, AZ and DC (if that's the washington you're talking about), maybe we crossed paths You're not from Jersey, right?

Old 01-10-2007, 12:09 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,666,479 times
Quote:
LOL, well, I've been to MD, NC, AZ and DC (if that's the washington you're talking about), maybe we crossed paths You're not from Jersey, right?
Nope from Oregon. Wow we may have... I have been to DC as well but i was talking Washington state.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
1. Open the pic in word
2. right click on it and select cut
3. open your picture editing program
4. open a blank palette/page/ canvas or whatever they call it in your program
5. right click on it and paste
6. picture should be there, if not something was done wrong, start over
7. click, file, save as
8. name the picture, choose to save it to desktop and there should be a drop down box that you can select how you want to save it....jpg, gif etc...save as a jpg
9. once saved follow previous instruction on how to upload attachments
Thanks, I'll try that next.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:12 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,917,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgrl View Post
Yea I don't have that kind of patience and i do love my curly hair. I tried straightening mine a few times just to see what it would look like but didn't get very far. Red curls beat all in my book hehe.
I won't argue with you on that, LOL. But it kinda sucked as a kid, since my nickname was always "Annie"... didn't help that I grew up in the '80s, when that movie/show was popular.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:48 PM

Okay, first of all, nobody better laugh at my white trash job of posting photos. As you can see (if this went through) I taped paper over some faces, as I want the innocent to remain nameless (or faceless, I should say). I don't like my family being in photos online...actually, I don't like my face being online either, as you can tell by my "un"expertise of posting photos, but for you jerks, I'll do it. Anyway, so don't laugh at my chop job, I just didn't want to have to cut the photos. Oh, the highlighted hair is last year, the dark is this year. There, now you know what I look like, leave me alone .

Ps. Yes, I'm really 32.

Last edited by pixieshmoo; 02-28-2007 at 10:13 PM..

Old 01-10-2007, 12:49 PM

Yeah!!!! It worked, God only knows how I did this (I'll probably never be able to do it again) but here you go...that's me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics