Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 06:39 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,134,994 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Tuesday
I had to chuckle when I saw it is "national be a dork day" I think I covered that one yesterday by running over the garbage, but then I thought hmmm " I can just imagine some of the answers we would get if we made this the subject of

Todays Question:

What is your favorite "I was such a dork" moment ?

Yes you can list multiplies

I promise we will laugh with you not at you

Today in history:
July 15, 1916 Boeing Co (Pacific Aero) formed by William Boeing in Seattle Wash
July 15, 1929 1st airport hotel opens - Oakland, California
July 15, 1952 Gerald D. Lascelles (under English princess Mary) weds Angela Dowding - oh the little comments I could make on this one
July 15, 1968 Soap opera "One Life To Live" premieres

Word of the day:
fiduciary \fih-DOO-shee-air-ee\, adjective:
1. Relating to the holding of something in trust for another.
noun:
1. Someone who stands in a special relation of trust, confidence, or responsibility in certain obligations to others; a trustee.

Today is:
National Tapioca Pudding Day
and
National I Love Horses Day
and lets not forget
National Be a Dork Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 06:59 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,748,758 times
Okay I will be the first to stand up and say "I am a Dork" There are so many instances that I cannot remember just one but I will wear the badge proudly.............

Old 07-15-2008, 07:00 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,547,135 times
Ok...mine was soooooo bad that I've paid attention since then.....

I tend to go off into my own little world....I've done this for quite some time. One of my nicknames in school was "Space"

I was in the store with my family...father, mother, sister and two brothers....we did our shopping thing and headed to the exit, I was just walking along in "my" wonderful world, got to the car and got mad when I couldn't open the door and nobody would help me!!!

All of a sudden my father was pulling me away, I came back to "his" world, look up and I'm surrounded by the family I actually walked out with. Right number of people but they happened to be black and I was this pale little redhead. You would think someone would notice!!!

Well the adults had a REAL good laugh about it...I'm glad I could amuse them.....

Like I said, I pay attention alot better now.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:02 AM

797 posts, read 2,993,436 times
I have several moments I could share but since I am taking the kids to a free movie this morning I was reminded of what happened to me there last year...

After getting there late with 10 kids in tow my girlfriend and I were forced to take the last seats available...the entire front row. We settled the kids in and about 30 minutes into the movie we run out of popcorn so I go back for a refill. On my way back in while munching on popcorn I am looking up at the movie, just as I reached the front of the theatre I ran straight into the nearly invisible pony wall to the side of the screen and my bucket of popcorn goes flying up into the air and dumps all over. The adults in the theatre noticed and got a good laugh along with me. It was soooo funny, I just picked up my bucket and went back out for another refill. I am proud to be a dork.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:19 AM

27,360 posts, read 27,411,236 times
Okay here goes. Dont laugh @ me!!
I was around 12, maybe 13. Most girls my age were already filling in their bras, but no, not me, I was either a slow developer of just meant to be flat chested (Ive learned with time in life its the latter).
My cousins and I were outside, just sitting under a tree in her front yard, on a summer afternoon, when her dad (my uncle) came back from town. He bought us one of those small, above-ground pools. We climbed into the back of his truck, so excited, her and I, we were jumping for joy in the truckbed when all of a sudden a couple of small wads of tissue fall out from under my shirt! Yep, you guessed it, it was my 'stuffing' from my bra. Her and I just stopped and froze, while my uncle looked at the tissue then at me, and said, with a small chuckle, 'I think you lost something!'. I was SOOOO embarrassed. He wasnt laughing at me, he probably knew I was so shocked, but from time to time to this day, we still remember that
Kodak' moment. There are a few 'dork' moments but thats one, for now.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:19 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,120,399 times
Hmmmm, let's see...

http://th66.photobucket.com/albums/h260/melissahatesme/remember%20now/th_Dork-1.gif (broken link) I totally felt like a dork when my flip flop broke & went flying in the grocery store. I was walking flip floppless for a while, until my daughter screamed, "Mom, they have flip flops in the dollar aisle!" Now everyone knows I'm walking around half bare foot...lol..I am a dork.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:48 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,273,979 times
Great stories, everybody.

Yes, my name is Pattie, and I am a dork. People are always pulling me off my little planet, which ticks me off, because it's usually so much nicer there!

Old 07-15-2008, 08:09 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,647,185 times
Could you please define "dork?" I don't recall ever using that term. If I don't know what that means, does that make me one??!! LOL

Old 07-15-2008, 08:21 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,613,020 times
I don't dare tell you the number of times I have been a dork. I am more a dork than anything else. But I am not brave enough to disclose my mental and physical lapses here.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:29 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,862,732 times
Dork? Yep I've had my share of dork moments-it's a special club!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics