Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2008, 07:40 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,070,953 times

Advertisements

One day I hopped in a taxi and we took off for the airport . We were driving in the right
lane when suddenly a black car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us. My taxi
driver slammed on his breaks, skidded, and missed the other car by just inches! The driver
of the other car whipped his head around and started yelling at us.
My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. And I mean, he was really friendly.
So I asked, 'Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined your car and sent us to
the hospital!'
This is when my taxi driver taught me what I now call, 'The Law of the Garbage Truck.'
He explained that many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage,
full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they
need a place to dump it and sometimes they'll dump it on you. Don't take it personally. Just
smile , wave, wish them well, and move on. Don't take their garbage and spread it to other
people at work, at home, or on the streets.
The bottom line is that successful people do not let garbage trucks take over their day.
Life's too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so..... 'Love the people who treat
you right. Pray for the ones who don't.'
Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 07:57 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,114,293 times
Here, here, dear!

Old 07-17-2008, 08:48 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,490,627 times
that attitude would probably urk mot people. kill them with kindness...

Old 07-18-2008, 12:23 AM

1,076 posts, read 3,552,920 times
I surely like the idea but with me well 50% o the time the old bite your head off over rides it, i try really really hard sometimes but that old Neanderthal instinct peeks it's head out every so often.

Old 07-18-2008, 04:39 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Thanks Bones for the garbage truck rule. It sure is true. Like findinghope said, "kill them with kindness"! Sometimes that is a difficult thing to endure, that old pride man inside of all of us just wants to have his/her way.
Well when that wants to happen to me I just go and pour myself a tall glass of iced tea.
Thanks for the wisdom, we truly can learn if we only listen and in that listening spare ourselves and other's a whole lot of heart ache, don't we?

Old 07-18-2008, 05:11 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Thanks for sharing that, Bones. We don't always have to return another person's nastiness.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:55 AM

15,205 posts, read 12,070,953 times
I know it's very difficult to do, (kill them with kindness, turn the other cheek,etc.) but I believe if we all try a little harder to forgive others mistakes - the world will be a happier place......
Before someone jumps on the bandwagon, I'm not talking about murder, rape, violent crimes,etc........

Old 07-18-2008, 01:46 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,490,627 times
did you hear the story of the guy in oregon? it was a road rage incident. a cyclist told a man in a car to slow down. the man in the car ran over his bike. when the cyclist got in front of the car to stop him, the car just went right for him. took him for a ride for a few blocks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics