Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 06:41 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,617,440 times

Advertisements

Mornin' all!

Gearing up here for what is, hopefully, the last very hot day of the season. No matter what your weather is, get comfy, and ponder the following...

Today's Question(s):
What do you do when you have trouble:
thinking of something for dinner?
falling asleep?
waking up?
starting your vehicle?
remembering someone's name?

Just for Fun:
We all know there are things you absolutely cannot do; kiss your elbow, sneeze with your eyes open, tickle yourself. How many of these things have you tried to do?

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 1967 Carol Burnett Show premieres on CBS-TV
Birthday: 1943 Mickey Hart, American percussionist, drummer for The Grateful Dead
Politics: 1944 Franklin D. Roosevelt and Churchill meet in Canada at 2nd Quebec Conference
Science/Technology: 1946 1st mobile long-distance car-to-car telephone conversation
Sports: 1991 New York Yankees final game at Baltimore Oriole's Memorial Stadium
World: 2001 19 Islamist terrorists hijack four commercial jets, killing nearly 3,000 in New York, Virginia and Pennsylvania

Today’s Word: confrere
Pronunciation: (KON-frayr)
Meaning: noun: Colleague; a fellow member of a profession, fraternity, etc.
Etymology: From Latin con- (with) + frater (brother). Other cousins of this word, derived from the same Indo-European root bhrater- (brother), are brother, pal, fraternal, and bully. Earliest documented use: 1425.

Today is:
911 Remembrance Day
Ingersoll Day
Make Your Bed Day
No News Is Good News Day

Quote of the Day:
"In the beginning there was noise. Noise begat rhythm, and rhythm begat everything else." ~Mickey Hart~

Have a great day everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 06:42 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,381,047 times
Mornin' all!
Gearing up here for what is, hopefully, the last very hot day of the season. No matter what your weather is, get comfy, and ponder the following...Supposed to hit 90 here today, quite unseasonable

Today's Question(s):
thinking of something for dinner? Drink some tea instead
falling asleep? Play word games on C-D
waking up? Play word games on C-D
starting your vehicle? N/A, haven't one
remembering someone's name? I go through the alphabet in my mind

Just for Fun:
We all know there are things you absolutely cannot do; kiss your elbow, sneeze with your eyes open, tickle yourself. How many of these things have you tried to do?
I can tickle myself-though not intentionally, it just happens when I need to itch my foot.
I can't touch my elbow to my mouth, but I can reach tip of my nose with my tongue.

Today is:
Make Your Bed Day
No News Is Good News Day

Quote of the Day:
"In the beginning there was noise. Noise begat rhythm, and rhythm begat everything else." ~Mickey Hart~

Have a great day everyone!
Thanks for the Qs, PatsCats.
Hope all y'all have a decent morning

Old 09-11-2013, 06:48 AM

126,310 posts, read 19,095,578 times
Mornin' all!

Gearing up here for what is, hopefully, the last very hot day of the season. No matter what your weather is, get comfy, and ponder the following...

Today's Question(s):
thinking of something for dinner?Actually I always plan the day before what we have for dinner
falling asleep? Reminisce or start rhyming
waking up?I am always the first person to wake up,doing my Tai Chi ,I love early mornings
starting your vehicle?
remembering someone's name?I have a very good memory,so for now I never had that problem

Just for Fun:

Old 09-11-2013, 06:49 AM

16,908 posts, read 16,155,732 times

thinking of something for dinner? ~ I never have that trouble.
falling asleep? ~ Take my sleepy pill.
waking up? ~ I never have trouble waking up. I get out of bed each day ready to rock.
starting your vehicle? ~ Get it running.
remembering someone's name? ~ I think about it.

~ None.

* Thanks Patz - good day and happy meals to you all. *

Old 09-11-2013, 06:56 AM

44,658 posts, read 61,722,489 times
Today's Question(s):
thinking of something for dinner? Think more about it.
falling asleep? Watch TV.
waking up? Sleep some more.
starting your vehicle? Car starts fine.
remembering someone's name? Either ask them or someone else.

Just for Fun:
We all know there are things you absolutely cannot do; kiss your elbow, sneeze with your eyes open, tickle yourself. How many of these things have you tried to do? If you try real real hard you can do those.

Yay for Carol Burnett, one of the funniest ladies on TV.

Remember the fallen today, peace on earth...

Old 09-11-2013, 07:02 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,043,498 times
Today's Question(s):
thinking of something for dinner? Order out
falling asleep? Get up and go online
waking up? Drag myself kicking and screaming outta bed
starting your vehicle? No vehicle to start
remembering someone's name? Hey there

Just for Fun:
Uh ... I CAN tickle myself if I wanna

Old 09-11-2013, 07:11 AM

36,448 posts, read 16,055,816 times
Today's Question(s):
thinking of something for dinner? Have toast
falling asleep? Take another pill
waking up? Sleep some more or throw the alarm clock.
starting your vehicle? Doesn't happen or call Dad
remembering someone's name? Think or ask them

Just for Fun:
I've been having sneezing fits so I will try to keep my eyes open

Thanks PC

Old 09-11-2013, 07:12 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,074,974 times
Today's Question(s):

thinking of something for dinner?

Get take out

falling asleep?

Read

waking up?

Not a problem

starting your vehicle?

Triple A

remembering someone's name?

Uh-Oh. You got me. I talk first and just say, "Hi, how you doin'?" (But not like Joey from Friends )

Just for Fun:

Well, none until you asked the question...

Old 09-11-2013, 07:16 AM

44,381 posts, read 20,102,658 times
Today's Question(s):
thinking of something for dinner? Scramble a couple of eggs
falling asleep? This drives me nuts. Sometimes I'll just give up and turn the light back on and read a book or get up and clean something.
waking up? Do some stretching and drink a glass of ice cold water.
starting your vehicle? I never have trouble starting my vehicle.
remembering someone's name? I'm always at a loss here. If someone else is nearby who remembers the person's name I'll ask them. Of if it's someone I've only met once before, I'll go ahead and say, "I'm sorry, I should know your name but I've forgotten it."

Just for Fun:
We all know there are things you absolutely cannot do; kiss your elbow, sneeze with your eyes open, tickle yourself. How many of these things have you tried to do? I've tried all of them.

Today in History:
World: 2001 19 Islamist terrorists hijack four commercial jets, killing nearly 3,000 in New York, Virginia and Pennsylvania

Today’s Word: confrere
Pronunciation: (KON-frayr)
Meaning: noun: Colleague; a fellow member of a profession, fraternity, etc.
Etymology: From Latin con- (with) + frater (brother). Other cousins of this word, derived from the same Indo-European root bhrater- (brother), are brother, pal, fraternal, and bully. Earliest documented use: 1425.
Very interesting word and etymology!

Today is:
911 Remembrance Day
Ingersoll Day
Make Your Bed Day I did.
No News Is Good News Day I'll second that. Probably 95% of the time when my phone rings it is not good news, so I'd prefer it never ring at all.

Quote of the Day:
"In the beginning there was noise. Noise begat rhythm, and rhythm begat everything else." ~Mickey Hart~ Good one!

Have a great day everyone! < What she said! Happy hump day!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:20 AM

7,381 posts, read 5,496,398 times
Happy Hump day all!

Today's Question(s):
thinking of something for dinner? browse thru my recipes and make what sound good.
falling asleep? get up and read for a while, then try to sleep again.
waking up? I walk around the house until I feel awake enough to function
starting your vehicle? panic! my car always starts!
remembering someone's name? I just ask politely "I'm sorry, what's your name again?'

Just for Fun:
We all know there are things you absolutely cannot do; kiss your elbow, sneeze with your eyes open, tickle yourself. How many of these things have you tried to do? all of them, can't do any of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics