Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 11:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,913 times

Advertisements

I am a asian, we don't kiss parents in anyminute but i kown russian kisses each other in mouth as saying hi, in some fomal situation they even kiss three times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 09:12 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,608,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I'd love to take an (honest) poll and find out the location and religion of the posters in this thread. I think it would be very interesting....
Alabama, Catholic, and I still find the "2nd" picture creeeeepy

Old 08-18-2008, 09:26 AM

13,609 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Hi. I'm in Alaska. Raised Lutheran, spent time at Catholic, Baptist, and a couple other churches just for the experience. Am now on a first name basis with God but attend no church. Well I do, but it's out at the lake, surrounded by the beauty God himself created. Not some man made building.
pretty cool reponse

Old 08-18-2008, 10:21 AM

1,294 posts, read 6,486,939 times
South Carolina, Baptist, it's a little much to me but last night was better. I thought she should have won gold again.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:16 AM

5 posts, read 9,773 times
Default What she is saying.

Kentucky -- Free Agent.

What I find most striking in the second picture is the face of the Chinese girl. She seems to be saying in her head, "Most of us are under 16 and our whole team is cheating like dogs to win all these medals because our government told these judges what our country would do to their countries if they didn't favor us. But at least we're not kissing our fathers on the lips."

Old 08-19-2008, 12:29 PM

1,294 posts, read 6,486,939 times
haha!! i think you got it perfectly!

after last night, their government must have really threatened them - especially australia. it's ridiculous. i'm surprised bella carolli didn't have a conniption on tv last night. he was pretty calm about it, for his standards.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:28 PM

2,588 posts, read 5,432,556 times
They're Russian. Russians are far more affectionate than Americans. End of story.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:15 AM

5 posts, read 9,773 times
Default If Russians are far more Affectionate...

Then why are they attacking Georgia?

Old 08-20-2008, 10:33 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,539,736 times
Oh great...some more people rolling their eyes at the "uncultured" Americans. Good Lord!

I'm an American, I see nothing wrong with it and still kiss my daddy on the mouth.
I guess that makes me "cultured."

Born and raised in the mid-west live in the south and am on a 1st name basis with Jesus and God.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:40 AM

72,418 posts, read 18,203,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Warren 72 View Post
Kentucky -- Free Agent.

What I find most striking in the second picture is the face of the Chinese girl. She seems to be saying in her head, "Most of us are under 16 and our whole team is cheating like dogs to win all these medals because our government told these judges what our country would do to their countries if they didn't favor us. But at least we're not kissing our fathers on the lips."
As a Chinese,we are very competitive,nothing to do with government.
Chinese are usually hard workers,working 7 days a week. If you come to the San Gabriel Valley here in Los Angeles,you can see why. Everybody work very hard. The only time the shop closes is 1 day in the Chinese new year. It's their nature. If you go to the park,there are full of asians exercing,kung fu,fan dancing,different classes for free 7 days a week from 7:30 to 9:30. To them it's like they want to do it. Some say it's like doing homework. Just wanted to make things clearer to the western world. Nothing to do with the government,thats another isssue
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics