Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 01:11 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

My friends next door were going to Savannah for Saturday and Sunday
So as they were loading the kids in the car
I was working in the yard taking our a tree so I walked over to tell them to have a great time.
They have 2 boys 4 & 7 who I know very well.
I told them you are going to have such a good time is there room in the car so I can come too?

The 7 yr old looked at the space in between him and his brother looked at me and said with this very serious look on his face
"well you are very dirty Karla so you would have to take a bath first and get clean then maybe there would be room"

His parents and I almost fell over trying to keep from laughing.

Last week while I was at school teaching my "2nd grade Tuesday butterfly garden class"
I had the kids work on the "hugs cards" we are sending the other teachers son who is stationed in Iraq.
The kids have to trace their hands on the front of the cards, So I told them that if they had any issues with tracing their opposite to ask and we will help them.
At one table half the kids had their hands raised, so as I am going around helping them one little girl looked at me and said very matter of fact
"Ms Karla I have no issues"

I suddenly found a reason to have to go out of the classroom because I couldn't hold the laughs in

Ya gotta love 7 year olds

what priceless gems have you heard recently

karla

p.s. I didn't put this in parenting because not all of us that have kid encounters are parents
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 01:23 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
OMG! ROFLMAO! I have never had a child tell me I needed a bath before.

Old 10-22-2007, 01:31 PM

788 posts, read 2,111,347 times
The other day on the way home from catholic school kindergarten - my 5 year old piped up from the back seat, "Mommy - what's an eye gift?" I had her repeat herself 3 times and then asked her to use it in a sentence.
"Bless us o Lord for these 'eye' gifts which we are about to receive...."
I lost it!

Old 10-22-2007, 02:21 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
lol love the bears
she sounds precious give her a big cd hug

I think the hardest part is the laughing because you don't want them to think we are laughing at them. But there are times when you just can't "run out of the classroom "

karla

Old 10-22-2007, 03:31 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times
a couple of months ago my youngest son was at the dinner table just acting up and goofing off.....after speaking to him a few times I said "Jake you need to stop....you're really pushing your luck. Don't say another word!" After about 10 seconds he opens his mouth to speak and I said "nope", he tried again and I said "nope"...."but mom can I just...." "nope"....then all of a sudden he just burst out with "but luck is an inanimate object--you can't push it!!" and starts laughing!........lol.....he's 9.

Old 10-23-2007, 05:46 AM

788 posts, read 2,111,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
a couple of months ago my youngest son was at the dinner table just acting up and goofing off.....after speaking to him a few times I said "Jake you need to stop....you're really pushing your luck. Don't say another word!" After about 10 seconds he opens his mouth to speak and I said "nope", he tried again and I said "nope"...."but mom can I just...." "nope"....then all of a sudden he just burst out with "but luck is an inanimate object--you can't push it!!" and starts laughing!........lol.....he's 9.
Future lawyer alert! don't you love those moments!!

Old 10-23-2007, 09:51 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
I was at my brother's house drawing pictures with my nephew when he just had to show me what he drew..it was a big circle with a little circle on top...two lines on each side and two lines sticking out the bottom and one really long line coming out the middle.....so being the good Aunt I figured out the head arms and legs but for the life of me I could figure out what the middle line was....silly me asked...
"My penis" was the answer....after I pulled myself up off the floor...I asked him "isn't it a little ummmmm long?"
Nope.....Daddy says I'm just like him so I must have a "big 10-inch".
I hit the floor again!!!!

So began the days when my brother had to watch what he said around his son.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:09 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo62 View Post
I was at my brother's house drawing pictures with my nephew when he just had to show me what he drew..it was a big circle with a little circle on top...two lines on each side and two lines sticking out the bottom and one really long line coming out the middle.....so being the good Aunt I figured out the head arms and legs but for the life of me I could figure out what the middle line was....silly me asked...
"My penis" was the answer....after I pulled myself up off the floor...I asked him "isn't it a little ummmmm long?"
Nope.....Daddy says I'm just like him so I must have a "big 10-inch".
I hit the floor again!!!!

So began the days when my brother had to watch what he said around his son.

OMG, that is hilarious

I always buy those long lighters for lighting fireplaces ~ and always the ones with the child safety locks on them. So my kids were trying to light a candle with one of them (i was watching of course) and they asked my why it wasn't working, I took it from them lighted the candle and told them "it is childproof". they went off in the other room and they were discussing this child proof thing amongst themselves, then my daughter came out and asked me "mom, how does the lighter know that were kids?"

Old 10-23-2007, 02:52 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,673,848 times
My daughter came home from school one day and asked me why our country gives liver, tea, and justice to all. It took me a moment, but finally I realized that she got it from the Pledge of Allegiance. Kids, you've got to love them.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:45 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,020 times
My mother... walking in on baptism practice in the tub with the duckies one evening after dinner.

In the name of the Father, the son, and in the whole ya' go! *dunks the duckies* (this was not me, this was my little brother)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics