Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 07:19 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,130,642 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Thursday
We are seeing some wind and rain from Fay but nothing major yet there are a few areas that have lost power so I better hurry up and get this posted

I love birthdays !!! The whole celebratory atmosphere that surrounds them.
IMO one of the best parts is when you go out for dinner and they do the "gather round the table and sing to you"
But it seems recent "discussions" I have had with a few folks I am beginning to think there are not many of us around that enjoy this part of the festivities

Some of the things they have said:
"Don't even think about them doing that"
"If they come around and sing I will leave"

So I told them I am going to the experts to find out how they feel about this subject in

Todays Question:

What is your opinion of the "restaurant" acknowledgment of the celebration of your birth ?

Which group do you fall in

1. I like watching other tables and will even join in singing HB to you !!

2. No way, no how not in this lifetime

3. It is ok if it is someone else at our table

4. Bring it on baby !!!!!! I will even wear the birthday hat

5. Why didn't you tell me I would get a free dessert hmmm can I change my answer

Today in history:
August 21,1841 - John Hampton of New Orleans, LA, received a patent for venetian blinds. Now if he could have just invented self-cleaning venetian blinds...
August 21,1878 - A group of 100 lawyers got together at Saratoga Springs, New York and formed the American Bar Association.
August 21, 1947 1st Little League World Series Maynard Midgets of Williamsport Pennsylvania win

Word of the day:
juju \JOO-joo\, noun:
1. An object superstitiously believed to embody magical powers.
2. The power associated with a juju.

Today is :
National Spumoni Day
it is also
Hawaii Day
and
National Sit Back and Relax Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 07:25 AM

1,821 posts, read 5,151,035 times
I would fall under #2. This is one of the things on my all time hate list. I went as far as telling my wife that if she ever had them sing I would divorce her (I really wouldn't but had to get the point across). I really don't like it at all.

Stay safe Karla. I heard reports of 30 inches of rain!

Old 08-21-2008, 07:27 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,747,076 times
I pick No Way......I don't like a big deal made about my birthday.
I'd rather pay for the dessert than feel like a jerk.

My kids are the same way..they were always afraid to go out to dinner on their B-day in case someone did that to them.

Karla.wear your boots today.........................jsut stay safe.
This is the storm that keeps on giving huh?

Old 08-21-2008, 07:33 AM

2,947 posts, read 1,676,026 times
I'd be a 1 and a 4. I also love Birthday celabrations. I'm not holding at any specific age. The brain says 27 but the rest of the body proves otherwise. And dog gone it I deserve the special recordnition of the day LOL j/k.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:44 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Oh I am a #2 for sure.

It was done to me once many years ago and I wanted to crawl out. My kids are the same way.

Karla-waders might be in order but I hope not. Fay will just not give up.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:50 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,545,108 times
I would fall under # 1,2,and 3. It's been done to many times and told hubby if he ever did that to me I would not give him any -------,lol!!

Karla stay safe, Fay has not been kind to us!

Old 08-21-2008, 07:51 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,538,658 times
No way...I have never liked that...won't do it to anyone else and don't want it done to me!!

Have a wonderful day everyone......

~~~All of you in FL, please be careful~~~

Old 08-21-2008, 07:55 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,701,487 times
Good Morning, Everyone!!

#2 for me!! I absolutely hate it... ....but on the other hand I love doing it too others.

Karla and all in Fl., were praying and hoping for your safety!!

Old 08-21-2008, 08:09 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,544,451 times
What is your opinion of the "restaurant" acknowledgment of the celebration of your birth ?

Which group do you fall in

1. I like watching other tables and will even join in singing HB to you !!

2. No way, no how not in this lifetime

3. It is ok if it is someone else at our table

4. Bring it on baby !!!!!! I will even wear the birthday hat

5. Why didn't you tell me I would get a free dessert hmmm can I change my answer

I'm not cheap but I can be had!!!

Old 08-21-2008, 08:23 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
I will take the free dessert and the song and if we are eating at midnight they get to do the song and the dessert twice. My birthday is the day after Mr. VA's. He doesn't want the song or the dessert. Opposites attract!

I also like it when I am eating and they sing to someone else. I think birthdays just make everybody happy. Join in and have fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics