Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 09:51 AM

1,394 posts, read 4,172,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theqbaby View Post
I have posted this in another thread, so apologize if you are reading this a second time.

Desperatly Seeking out words of encouragement

I have a strong fear of falling back.

I lost my parents in 2004. Long story, most of you have read already. Years worth of court room trial and tribulations with siblings. Abandonment from siblings. Went thru depression, medication, and even looking to the bottle to find comfort.
I since have moved on (or so I thought).
Today, I sit here confused and depressed.
The sale of my parents house is set to be on the 16th. More or less cutting the ties to all siblings and family. Although this WILL be a big relief, financially and emotionally, today I don't see it that way. I have been waiting for this for a long time. The emotions of losing my family, and the horrible things we have been thru are consuming me. Its like the wounds have all been freshly opened.
Why? When I have been waiting for this day to come with such antisipation, am I feeling the loss all over again????

Any words of inspiration deeply appreciated !
q
I will try to help you, I have had the same happen in my life, only it was with my brothers death. I was voted off their island many years ago, maybe because I couldn't keep up with the Jones so to speak, and when my brother died I had to indur them all over again, because he wasn't married, it went to my mother who didn't care about him when he was alive, but when he left this world, you would have thought they all hit gold, my daughter and I got nothing but the memories of my brother.
They have since kept me off of their island, and yes it hurts big time!!!! But we are better then they are, we have feelings like they never have felt, we care deeply where they will never get the chance to feel that way either.
I must say the hurt will always be there, but it does get better, and speaking for myself, it is so much less stressful with out them, you are going to love it, if your family has been like mine. I will pray for you and help you get past this hard time, and I want you to know that you are beautiful in Gods eyes, don't worry about family, you have your own life, your family, and me your friend, so don't be so down on yourself, because you are so well loved here. If you need to talk you can pm me, and I would be more then happy to help you get through this hard time. Take care and God bless!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2007, 10:04 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,160,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie_Mom View Post
I will try to help you, I have had the same happen in my life, only it was with my brothers death. I was voted off their island many years ago, maybe because I couldn't keep up with the Jones so to speak, and when my brother died I had to indur them all over again, because he wasn't married, it went to my mother who didn't care about him when he was alive, but when he left this world, you would have thought they all hit gold, my daughter and I got nothing but the memories of my brother.
They have since kept me off of their island, and yes it hurts big time!!!! But we are better then they are, we have feelings like they never have felt, we care deeply where they will never get the chance to feel that way either.
I must say the hurt will always be there, but it does get better, and speaking for myself, it is so much less stressful with out them, you are going to love it, if your family has been like mine. I will pray for you and help you get past this hard time, and I want you to know that you are beautiful in Gods eyes, don't worry about family, you have your own life, your family, and me your friend, so don't be so down on yourself, because you are so well loved here. If you need to talk you can pm me, and I would be more then happy to help you get through this hard time. Take care and God bless!!!

Thank you ,Yorkie,
I know deep down that I will get through this and things will be not only fine, but better. Although, today I feel like curling up in a ball in a corner somewhere or just disappearing. The despair is overwhelming.

Old 02-08-2007, 10:21 AM

105 posts, read 527,230 times
I lost my mom 10 years ago. Two weeks after I turned 18. Somedays it seems like yesterday. It gets easier. I just remember that she will always be here with me. Each thing I do is something that she has taught me. The strong woman I am today is because of her. That is how I get through it.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:22 AM

234 posts, read 786,241 times
Sorry for everyone who has lost loved ones. My heart goes out to you. And, thanks to all of you who offered your condolences for my son's recent death. Claire

Old 08-26-2007, 11:56 AM

2 posts, read 4,696 times
Exclamation Lost Loved Ones

[SIZE=4]I also have lost a loved one but this murder in the United States is also condoned and acceptable to our society. Even at the age of 5 my grand-daughters death was just another statistic and viewed as such to the many brewing companies and alcohol industries and yes to even our politicians. My research on why we let this continue throughout the United States is also on a web site that I myself made. My opinions are my own it is true but my opinions are also based on facts and the truth on why we let this continue not only in my own state but every state in this great nation. My site is if you would like to look at everything that I have found is.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Driving Drunk and it's Deadly Results | Driving while drunk or drinking creates deadly results, but in America the laws will not be changed and your politicians will not make that change. Why? The answers inside[/SIZE]

Old 08-26-2007, 02:10 PM

3,295 posts, read 9,189,032 times
I lost my Mother on May 14, 2002 just after Mother's Day that year. It has not been easy but it is getting easier as the years go by.

The first Christmas after she died was esp hard...we ended up staying in MI and not going south to see either side of our family like we had done the years before. On Dec 24th, at 10PM, it started snowing and continued thru the night. I had never had a white Christmas before that. This is what I wrote to some friends of mine that year:

Quote:
I HAVE MY WHITE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!

As long as I have been wishing and hoping, it's finally come true. I have my first white Christmas. It started snowing about 10PM last night. Dh and I discovered it when we headed out to Midnight Mass.

I know in my head, it's just a weather system but in my heart....my Mother gave it to me as HER Christmas gift.
In 1999, I lost my favorite great aunt...my grandmother's sister. Here is her toast: *Bark has gone home* The Charles Ramsey Family (http://family.thegazebo.net/liz_daddy.html - broken link)

But the one that hit me the hardest and longest was losing my grandfather...Pop. He died two days before my 10th birthday. And I was well into my 30's before my birthday meant something special again. Liz

Old 08-26-2007, 10:08 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,271,498 times
Default Condolences and a recommendation...

My condolences to all who have lost someone. My husband and I lost our 16 year old son in a freak car accident about 6 years ago. He was our only child. I still think about him and miss him greatly every single day.

We are about to begin teaching a grief recovery class next month at our church. We looked a lot of materials to use with the class. One of the books we finally decided on is Confessions of a Grieving Christian by Zig Ziglar. I would recommend it to any of you who feel like you may still be grieving over your loss.(Can be purchased on amazon.com and other places.)

Old 08-27-2007, 07:25 AM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times
I have a huge family and have lost several members throughout the years. Ive lost friends, some at young ages (in their 30's) to illness of some sort. Recently a very dear friend passed on but thankfully she just fell asleep and never knew.
At first, we do rightfully grieve for ahwile, but no one is to really say for how long, it just depends on how close you were or who they were to you. Its a part of lifecycle and despite how hard it is to get back on track again, eventually, we pick ourselves up and move along. I know its easier said than done, at times, but if we dwell only on negative for too long, it will affect us and those around us.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,129 times
Default I lost, for what seems to be eternity

It was about 9 years ago. I'm not that old, 27 actually. I fell in love, hard and fast. I saved a girl from a volatile situation, and saved myself at the same time. Almost a year had passed and we decided to get married, and I wanted her parents blessing. While we were not rich, I had enough to send her back home to tell them of the good news... She never came home, she had committed suicide during her stay. As I said, it was a long time ago... I still can't get over it.

I know death well, working with AIDS patients and as a hospice aid. But I still have trouble saying goodbye. Death is hard, it is the hardest part of life. Although we all accept it as inevitable, it is sometimes more difficult to shake than knowing it should happen.

I'm a broken man, even with my family and friends. They all know what happened, but they have no idea of the impact it has had on me. Life is hard, even more so after such a loss.

I'm not sure why I'm posting here, maybe because I don't have another outlet. Maybe because I have no where else left to go... There it is though, part of my story.

If anyone needs to reach out to someone who has lost their better half in more ways than one, here I am.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:33 AM

248 posts, read 442,947 times
Praying for you all...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics