Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 07:20 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,787,866 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s)

Which of the "bazillion" cable TV shows would you be a really good guest on ? gardening or woodworking ones

Which of the Cable shows shouldn't send you an invite, well unless they were looking for some "comic relief" ? any cooking show

What kind of message do you have on your answering machine ? the default one

Extra credit if it involves singing, your kids or pets ?

How many of our CD family has ever tried to see if you could get your voice to "echo" ? large empty building

How do you best like your Croissants ? served to someone else

Yodel for Your Neighbors Day - lol I double dog dare you !!! no you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 07:24 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,871,660 times
Today's Question(s)

Which of the "bazillion" cable TV shows would you be a really good guest on ?
(ie food network,gardening, this new house etc)

Which of the Cable shows shouldn't send you an invite, well unless they were looking for some "comic relief" ? LOL.. send me an invite? Okay, I'm gonna get sent to my room for this.. and watch TV all day, instead! .. Is there a Victoria's Secret channel?

I'll answer both parts of the question by saying that I don't watch TV that much, and if I wanted to watch a movie, I'd just put on a DVD. The only channels that I watch are History, CMT, Tru TV, and once in a while Comedy Central when one of my favorite comedians is on, mainly Jeff Foxworthy, Larry The Cable Guy, Bill Engvall, and Ron White.

Bonus Question:

What kind of message do you have on your answering machine ? On my answering machine? I didn't know you can get a message from your answering machine.... I need to read the instructions on it again... my back hurts and I could really use a message... it's a lot cheaper than going to a chiropractor or pay a massuse (sp?) for it!

Extra credit if it involves singing, your kids or pets ? Okay, I'll get serioius here, about 10 years ago, I had a funny message on my answering machine, I'm sure many of you remember that commercial that was on some 20 years ago that was made to discourage people from using drugs, and went something like this: "This is your brain... and this is your brain on drugs - any questions?". My version of it was on the answering machine, and I said "This is your brain", then I played a 5-second heavy metal lead guitar solo, then I said "And this is your brain on Heavy Metal.... any questions?"

Extra Credit Question:

How many of our CD family has ever tried to see if you could get your voice to "echo" ? It echos when I talk to myself for some reason, I always hear myself talk back and sometimes argue with me...
and
Where did you try this ? When they hauled me off to into a jail cell... - I'm only kidding.

Just for fun:

How do you best like your Croissants ? Low starch... which I guess means no Croissants.. or just crumbs..

Today in History:
1969 - Beatles perform their last gig together, a free concert -- Wow, were they that BAD?!!! to not charge for their concerts? - I never was a Beatles fan, besides, I was only 12 back then.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:27 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,871,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
What kind of message do you have on your answering machine?

Hello. Charley's answering machine is not available at the moment. This is his refrigerator. Please leave a message with me and I'll stick in on myself with one of these magnets. Have a good day.
LOL.... now why is Charley able to get away with this, without getting sent to his room?

Good to see you back on here bud!

Old 01-30-2009, 07:32 AM

18,220 posts, read 25,865,369 times
Good morning!
Which of the bazillion cable TV shows would I be good on?--Spike TV! Feeding face while watching Rocky and Bullwinkle J. Moose! "Hey Rocky, Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!---Nothin' up my sleeve-- PRESTO!". I willbe BULLWINKLE!
Then there are The Three Stooges!--nyuk, nyuk, nyuk! Can I be Curly? Soitenly!!

What kind of message do you have on your answering machine? Just your basic hokey automatic voicemail computer voice.

How do you best like your croissants? On my plate ready to be inhaled. Absolute yummoes!

National jazz day? Cool! Think I will put on a little Brazilian samba jazz music, say Astrud Gilberto's "The Girl From Ipanema". Now that is yummy!

Old 01-30-2009, 07:59 AM

2,947 posts, read 1,675,835 times
P.S. OOO before I forget I have added some new pictures to the Journey of a Monarch over in the Garden forum
You can start to see "Marvin's" colors developing !!!

Gonna go check that out just as soon as I get these ??'s answered.

1. Extreme makeover (home edition) This house needs it big time. I could use a vacation some place warm. OR I could stick around and feed everyone. Useing my neighbors stove of course.

2. This old house...cuz I contacted them about my house, they were nice in their reply...But they said they only do the east coast. I WANT THEIR HELP AND WANT TO MEET THEM ALL I LOVE THOSE GUYS...So I'd really pick on them

3. Daughters boyfriends voice , and quick to the point . Not able to answer leave a message.

4. Neither, only sing when I'm alone and pets are either asleep or somewhere where I'm not. Like can you say animal abuse??? No kids around the house. They got the hint the first time I tried to sing them a lull-a-bye

5. Echo??? That's how I found out I couldn't sing and why my kids left home...

6. Empty houses that DH and I were wiring and also caves (no not wiring the caves, echo)

7. Not big on crossiants. So no real preferance.

NOW I'm off to check out MARVIN.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:04 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
Just put me on "The housewives of Union County, N. C." LOL

I don't think I would ever make it as a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.

"Please leave your message at the tone." Not my voice on purpose.

When I was young we lived on the side of one hill and we would stand on our porch and hollar and it would echo back. My mother would yodel.

How do you best like your Croissants ?
Since they are not fat enough, I like to add Shedd calcium spread. They are also good with chicken salad inside. That is probably the very best.

Last edited by NCN; 01-30-2009 at 08:23 AM..

Old 01-30-2009, 08:12 AM

27,349 posts, read 27,402,913 times
Today's Question(s)

Which of the Cable shows shouldn't send you an invite, well unless they were looking for some "comic relief" ?

Bonus Question:

What kind of message do you have on your answering machine ?

Extra Credit Question:

How many of our CD family has ever tried to see if you could get your voice to "echo" ?
and
Where did you try this ?

Just for fun:

I would say that home improvement show, the one where they take some poor family's home and completely renovate it. Id be the electrician (go figure!).
My message is pretty basic, 'leave your message so I can call you back'.
I dont need to echo, we have a voice processor that can make your voice do anything...including a 3-part harmony!
Croisaanits....warm, lots of butter, REAL butter. Yummy!

Speaking of Home Improvement shows, that onoe show, the one where they renovate an old house....will be in town this coming weekend to pick which of two families in Victorville will get their house remodeled. I hear they will be coming to Lowes for some of their supplies, and a couple of the guys from work are volunteering to help in the work. I just wonder which Lowes they will be coming to, we have 3 up here in the High Desert. But it sure would be nice to meet Ty Pennington in person!!!
When I find out when this show will air, will let everyone know.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:14 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times

Planet Green, HG, or DIY since we just built an "Off Grid" home.
Which of the Cable shows shouldn't send you an invite, well unless they were looking for some "comic relief" ?

Anything about fashion that would be funny. I am a lost cause. Jeans a shirts are the way I live. Scary would be something with singing. My dog cringes if I try to sing, lol.

Bonus Question:

Very brief. Leave your name and number. When I was single I had a male do my messages for me for safety.

Just for fun:

Any way I can get them. My favorite is a chocolate croissant. Yum.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:34 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,292,677 times
(ie food network,gardening, this new house etc) Hard one,probably home improvement

Which of the Cable shows shouldn't send you an invite, well unless they were looking for some "comic relief" ? Another tough one, I'll say a hunting show

Bonus Question:

What kind of message do you have on your answering machine ? Basic message,leave a message and I'll get back to you.

Extra Credit Question:

How many of our CD family has ever tried to see if you could get your voice to "echo" ?
and
Where did you try this ?

Just for fun:

How do you best like your Croissants ? sausage,egg and cheese

Old 01-30-2009, 08:57 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,711,118 times

WPT Poker (Oh Yeah!) I'm all in.

Any cooking show you care to name...

Bonus Question:

A long, drawn out explanation:

Hi, you've reached 223-xxxx. If you are calling the doctor the prefix is 222. If you are someone we actually know talk for 15 or 20 seconds and we will come answer if we are home.

Extra Credit Question:

Me!

and
Where did you try this ?

Anywhere I think it might. Pretty much covers the entire U.S.The grand Canyon didn't. Either that or I wasn't there long enough for it to get back to me...

Just for fun:

Baked, thanks for asking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics