Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2009, 08:13 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times

Advertisements

Paul Harvey, the legendary radio host whose career sharing "the rest of the story" with listeners spanned more than 70 years, has died,
Legendary broadcaster Paul Harvey dies - CNN.com

YouTube - The Rest of the Story - America's Heart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 08:47 PM

52,691 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Default Radio Will Never Be The Same Again

That's so unbelievable that we'd lose him so unexpectedly. Granted, he was 90, but he wasn't going to retire, either. I was kind of expecting him to give one final newscast for a sendoff with the idea that he would step down one day in order to transition over to his replacement, but that wasn't going to happen. It won't now. I've listened to him for years, even though Dallas DJ Ron Chapman has been spending many a day recently taking over and filling in with Paul out, so something must have been up.

Sooner or later, this would happen. We will all miss Paul Harvey beyond adequate words. And now we really know............the rest of the story.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:49 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Oh, my, thanks Sunny. He was 90! I heard that Ed McMahon is hospitalized and not doing too well.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:35 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Default Paul Harvey passes away

I was so sorry to hear this news. He was an old stand by, reliable and much enjoyed news caster..He was 90 years old..I remember him clear back into my teen years..
http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/02/2...rss_topstories

Old 03-01-2009, 09:53 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
I feel part of my childhood pass away. I remember my grandmother listening to him around noon and then I thought he was local to her. I need to go see my grandmother soon if Paul Harvey passes then Im afraid of the worse for her but who knows she might be like her mom and live to 110 and she still has twenty years before that.

Paul Harvey was the type you listen by a fireplace like he was a cool uncle.
Rest In Peace!

Old 03-03-2009, 12:35 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,935 times
I first heard of Paul Harvey in 1998 and would listen to him on KVET, in Austin Texas. My favorite Paul Harvey moment was one week day working from home, I decided to order some lunch from a nearby Lubbey. Driving to pick it up Paul Harvey came on and by the time I reched Lubbeys parking lot I'd figured the person could be Colin Powell, but wasn't sure, so I sat in my car for what must have been 10 miniutes (not sure). At the same time a guy driving a red pick up pulled up along side me and remained in the pick up. After a few minutes I thought it was a little odd as he had glanced my way a few times...maybe he thought I was a little strange too.

As paul uttered his theme phrase, I got out of my car smiling and I think the guy was doing the same thing, and some how we both realised we were listening to the same show. I've killed a few brain cells since then so can't remember how we realised.

Sad to hear of his passing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics