Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 09:05 AM

2,303 posts, read 5,678,620 times

Advertisements

My senior year of high school, Queen Latifah came to introduce the student body to a girl who transferred schools b/c people picked at her over her weight. The girl ended up being in one of my classes, but by the time that period came, Queen had already left. It made huge news--they had it all over the local radio stations and we thought it was a lie. But we ended up having an "emergency assembly" and Queen Latifah came into the parking lot in a huge white limo

My S.O. saw Fantasia at Wally World right after she won American Idol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2007, 09:57 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,404,425 times
My jobs over theyears have meant i met tonnes of celebrities

Marilyn Manson
Ian Wrignt (English Soccer player / punding) - I was even on his TV show when he came to the US!
Mary Robinson She was the Irish president at the tie
Robbie Kean Irish soccer player
John O Shea " "
Probaly 7 or 8 more soccer players.
Bono Unfortunately
Some guy that had a motorcycle show a few years back.
Bond Girl Cant remeber which one, they filmed in my office back in Ireland.
I met a few more English celebs in VIP rooms in clubs etc.
There are a few more movie stars ive met, but my job wont let me talk about them before the Governor does.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:12 AM

3,360 posts, read 12,265,553 times
I was at a private party where Johnny Cash, Ferlin Husky, and Roseanne Cash were the entertainment, not that I'm into country music. But I do appreciate a good voice.

Also met Barry Gordie head of Motown, and was asst producer for Natalie Cole's first music video.

Met Larry King on the street in Manhattan and had my picture taken with him this past winter.

Every one of them were super nice.

Oh, and spotted Dena Merrill recently in front of the Players Club. I should have gone up to her as she is still so gorgeous but didn't want to butt in.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:45 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,984,220 times
I ran into the guy who played the giant with metal teeth in the earlier James Bond movies at Fresno airport.
I also spent Christmas in 1992 with my parents, sister and girlfriend in La Paz, Mexico where my parents were then living and we went for Christmas dinner to a restaurant owned by an American woman who was serving Turkey and all the trimmings. The table next to us had Robert Englund and his entourage. He was loud, obnoxious, and I thought....too bad Freddy Kruger didn't cut himself up.. !
Miss USA, Summer Bartholomew used to live next door to us. Her mother owned a wig shop and would stare at us through the drawn blinds...kooky folk.
I met Mamie Van Doren in a bookstore in San Francisco sometime around 1990 I think. She was very nice.
When I was in high school, I was riding my bike home and taking a shortcut past a bank and almost ran into Eddie Albert who was a spokesman for that bank (forget the name of it). I recognized him from Green Acres. He didn't say anything to me and I rode off quickly!
I saw Sylvia Browne in person...she's gross.
I used to work for Sidney Mobell in the early 90's, the famous jeweler who made gem-encrusted toilet seats, monopoly sets, mailboxes, etc. He was always making new things to get published in the National Enquirer.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:54 PM

1,489 posts, read 8,796,133 times
I met Suzy Bogguss at The Birchmere in Alexandria, VA. I had sent her one of my CDs, and she liked it and wrote me a personal invitation to see her back stage.

For those who aren't music lovers, Suzy Bogguss is a famous country singer.

Old 03-22-2007, 02:27 PM

1,942 posts, read 8,489,416 times
When I was 13 I met the group Sister Sledge. All through highschool I went to school with Boyz to Men and always went to the same parties as the one who was in my classes-Shaun. He was up for Prom King but did not win! This was before the group though. I met Merv Griffin.
I met Alton Brown, the chef of "Good Eats".

My great-great-great Uncle was Vincent Prince. Never got to meet him as he was the black sheep of the family, but he was my uncle!

Old 03-22-2007, 02:53 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times
I had a job where I met a lot of country singers.

My first celebrity was Kris Kristopherson. This was in the 1980s. He was not that handsome in person. He looked really rough. He was coked out of his mind at the time, but was saying publicly that he had quit drugs. Anyway, he was absolutely brilliant and a very nice person. Years later, I saw an interview where he admitted that he had lied for years about being off drugs.

I met Tanya Tucker and she was really drunk.

Glen Campbell was kind of a stiff.

Marie Osmond was absolutely beautiful and very friendly.

Tammy Wynette was a lady through and through.

Roy Clark acted like he was your next door neighbor, a genuinely nice man.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:26 PM

661 posts, read 2,895,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshvo View Post
When I was 13 I met the group Sister Sledge. All through highschool I went to school with Boyz to Men and always went to the same parties as the one who was in my classes-Shaun. He was up for Prom King but did not win! This was before the group though. I met Merv Griffin.
I met Alton Brown, the chef of "Good Eats".

My great-great-great Uncle was Vincent Prince. Never got to meet him as he was the black sheep of the family, but he was my uncle!
Dr. Phibes!!!!!

My husband and I loved those movies. I was a huge Vincent Price fan.

Why on earth would he be the black sheep of anyone's family? Everything I've ever read about him has been very positive.

Dish pleeeeeeeeease!!!!!!

Old 03-22-2007, 04:29 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,773,822 times
I've seen a few famous people walking around NYC: Rick Ocasek, Candice Bergen & several models. I've seen Bruce Springsteen and Jon Bon Jovi in NJ a couple times. I waited on Jon a couple times when I was a bartender there.

Old 03-22-2007, 04:32 PM

536 posts, read 1,193,352 times
i met john edwards(the psychic)at a wedding, and don mattingly(former yankee great)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities