Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 10:08 AM

656 posts, read 2,742,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerislesmile View Post
If I was a very good girl, I was allowed to stay up and watch my hero... Pappy Boyington. (Black Sheep Squadron)
I loved that show
Other shows at that time I loved
Starsky and Hutch
The Six Million dollar Man

The earliest shows I remember
Space 1999
Lost in Space

My favorite Martian

God now I feel old

YouTube - Baa Baa Black Sheep Squadron

YouTube - Starsky & Hutch - International Opening Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woOLEEu8RLI

YouTube - Space 1999 Intro

YouTube - Lost in Space season 3 Intro

YouTube - my favorite martian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 10:10 AM

27,345 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
Our Miss Brooks with Eve Arden.
The Dobey Gillis (sic) Show. Bob Denver played a beatnick. Manard G. Crebs. Daddy o.
George Putnam commentary. 'It's 10 0clock. Do you know where your children are'?
I was born in '54. I think some of this goes back to the late '50s. If not then the early '60s.
Go back much further and people were watching radio. And had ice boxes! And great cars!!

TV used to go off air late at night. There would be a scene with a wind blown American flag and they played the national anthem. Next a high pitched tone would sound and the screen would be filled with something that looked like an archery target. Just to let you know it was past your bedtime. Child and adult.
And that Captain Kangaroo. The guy never aged. He looked the same when I was 6 'till the day he left us.

I think it was the make-up crew. They have a way of taking a 90 year old bag into a gorgeous kitty.....and a 20 year old man into an ape, lol! Funny, Goldie Hawn, even today at 60-something years old, looks great on camera.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:19 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,461,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
" The stories you have just heard are true. The ages were changed to protect the innocent"

The FBI...with Efram Zimbalist Jr.

We watched that one too! The show always had a chase scene at the end of every episode and it was obvious that Ford sponsored the show.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:22 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8doglove View Post
The FBI...with Efram Zimbalist Jr.

We watched that one too! The show always had a chase scene at the end of every episode and it was obvious that Ford sponsored the show.
What I posted was from "Dragnet" with Jack Webb.........( THIS IS THE CITY.......LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA)

Old 06-16-2009, 10:31 AM

I remember that "Indian Head" ........Tell me....Was that considered a "Screen Saver" back then?

Old 06-16-2009, 10:31 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,461,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
What I posted was from "Dragnet" with Jack Webb.........( THIS IS THE CITY.......LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA)

Oh man I say (as I wipe the egg off of my face).

Old 06-16-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8doglove View Post
Oh man I say (as I wipe the egg off of my face).
Don't fell bad, I remember because I just watch one of the episodes from the link I posted

Old 06-16-2009, 11:01 AM

1,658 posts, read 2,695,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude View Post
I guess I'm the old guy with the rich parents. We lived in Newark NJ in the late 40s and had a TV with a very small screen and a big, oil filled, magnifying glass. I think we got 2 stations out of NY City. I'm straining my brain to remember some of the shows we watched. I remember a show about the Navy. Don't know the name but the hero was Capt Winslow. That would have been 1949.I was 4. We were not really rich. Must have been upper middle class. I didn't realize until I was an adult that we had a lot of things my friends didn't have.
I would turn on the TV at 3:15 and stare at the test pattern for 15 minutes until the Howdy Doody Show came on. Afterwards, there were 15 minute serials that always had cliffhanger endings. One of these was "Don Winslow Of The Navy" and another was "Hawkeye and The Last Of The Mohicans." The latter was sponsored by an ice cream maker, and I can still remember the scotch plaid design on the container. (Who says advertising doesn't pay?)

Old 06-16-2009, 11:14 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyandScary View Post
I loved that show
Other shows at that time I loved
Starsky and Hutch
The Six Million dollar Man

The earliest shows I remember
Space 1999
Lost in Space
My favorite Martian

God now I feel old

YouTube - Baa Baa Black Sheep Squadron

YouTube - Starsky & Hutch - International Opening Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woOLEEu8RLI

YouTube - Space 1999 Intro

YouTube - Lost in Space season 3 Intro

YouTube - my favorite martian
you forgot the bionic woman

hart to hart

wonder woman

the hulk

lol

Old 06-16-2009, 11:55 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,648,272 times
My early rememberings of TV would be watching the Disney movie on Sunday at 6:00pm, and for some strange reason (maybe because it was traumatizing) I remember that my parents always watched "Hee Haw" on Saturday at 6:00pm!!

Don't ask me why I suddenly remember all shows that aired at 6:00pm!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics