Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 05:59 AM

942 posts, read 2,584,529 times

Advertisements

I was just watching NBC's The Today Show and I saw this. They played a recorded voice mail that Alec sent to his daughter. The had commentators saying how bad this message was and disturbing. To be honest with you, I did not think it was enough to put on national tv. I found it very personal and a little steping the lines between there realtionship. How many times have you had an arguement with one of your kids?? I have had too many to count. We continue to love and accept one another and get over it. When I was hearing this I was hearing a person full of impotence that had his hands tied. I heard a man that was trying to follow through on his commitment to a phone call with his daughter. I am speculating but Im thinking maybe Ireland (Alec Baldwin and Kim Bassingers daughter) has a very manipulative mom on the other end pulling her strings. What do you think???

http://www.tmz.com/2007/04/19/alec-b...e-to-daughter/

click to hear voice mail or copy and paste
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2007, 06:26 AM

531 posts, read 2,012,174 times
Some of the things were not completely appropriate, but worthy of the attentionit is getting? No way! The media has blown yet another thing completely out of proportion!

I think Ireland is manipulating both parents! Hmmmm, by the way how did the media get a hold of this message unless mom or daughter released it!

Old 04-20-2007, 06:35 AM

The person that represented the web ste said they released it because Ireland was aware of the situation and it would not "hurt" her. Im guessing that it was Ireland and Kim that released it to them. By the way there is a court order that nothing in the custody hearing should be divulged tot he public.

Old 04-20-2007, 06:51 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,704,014 times
It's a personal situation and the media shouldn't have anything to say. Parents have arguements with their kids; IT'S LIFE! You need to let them work it out without all this ridiculous media coverage. Leave them alone, it's a family situation and that's where it should remain.

I had arguements with my parents and my dad didn't put up with anything. He would whip my ass if I EVER talked back to him.

Old 04-20-2007, 07:54 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,293,113 times
I don't think the media should be involved.Maybe Alec's past behavior warranted telephone tapings.
The way he resorts to name calling is unacceptable and the child should not have to tolerate that. I wouldn't take his call either,I doubt it's a first time thing. I think he's an arrogant you know what. Just my opinion.

Old 04-20-2007, 08:42 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,989,349 times
So he was highly irate and went verbally overboard. That's a family situation and shouldn't be on the news. I don't consider it "child abuse". It's wasn't pretty for sure and I think if my dad had gone off on me like that that I would have been crushed, but that doesn't mean Ireland's dad doesn't love her and if his ex Basinger is half-way smart, she'd never say bad things about Alec and attempt to mediate and reassure Ireland that her dad loves her.

Old 04-20-2007, 08:47 AM

45 posts, read 219,182 times
I missed it waht's up with Ireland and Alec and Kim? I nkow they are divorcing...what did I miss??

Old 04-20-2007, 09:38 AM

2,071 posts, read 12,019,269 times
I'm in the dark, also.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:52 AM

The original link that I posted will take you to the story and voice mail recording.

I trully believe that this has been taken out of poportion. It is not "national news" worthy and should have been left if anywhere in the tabloids. Can you imagine being in the news everyime you have a disagreement with your children?? The political correctness has gotten out of control and news is no longer trustworthy and very one sided.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/04/19/alec-b...e-to-daughter/

Last edited by Pixie Dust; 04-20-2007 at 10:29 AM..

Old 04-20-2007, 11:12 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
I agree it should not have been publicized and whoever did it should not have. I did not hear the entire story; however, I also think calling your daughter a pig was a bit over the top. Abuse doesn't have to be physical to cause damage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics