Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 09:33 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,130,642 times

Advertisements

Good morning/evening everyone
Happy Wednesday
I figured it has been a few days since I posted the ? really early, so for those of you who are still awake here is

Today's Question(s);

The "Party Fairy" is stopping by to pick you up and take you to a terrific party !!

What do you want the " Theme " to be ?

Bonus Question:

How many different kinds of "Drive-thru's" do you use ?

What s the most unusual "Drive-thru" you have either visited or seen ?

Extra Credit Question:
In Honor Of "Rain Day"

Have you "oops" ever left your car windows open during a rain storm ?

When was the last time it rained at your home ?

Today in History:

1754 - The first international boxing match was held -- in Harlston, England. Jack Slack, the champion from Great Britain, knocked out the French challenger, Jean Petit. the bout lasted only 25 minutes.
1844 - New York Yacht Club forms
1914 - 1st transcontinental phone call made between New York City and SF
1936 - RCA shows 1st real TV program
1938 - Comic strip "Dennis the Menace," 1st appears
1988 - Last U.S. Playboy Club, Lansing, Michigan, closes

Word of the Day:
beneficence\buh-NEFF-i-suhns\ , noun:
1.The practice of doing good; active goodness, kindness, or charity.
2.A charitable gift or act.

Today is:

National Lasagna Day
Chicken Wings Day
NASA Day
Cadillac Day
National Lipstick Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 09:48 PM

1,477 posts, read 2,198,783 times
Today's Question(s);

The "Party Fairy" is stopping by to pick you up and take you to a terrific party !!

What do you want the " Theme " to be ? Hmm. Maybe it's too late, because I cannot think of anything

Bonus Question:

How many different kinds of "Drive-thru's" do you use ? 5 or so

What s the most unusual "Drive-thru" you have either visited or seen ? I've seen a drive-thru liquor store. That was about as unusual as they get.

Extra Credit Question:
In Honor Of "Rain Day"

Have you "oops" ever left your car windows open during a rain storm ? Most definitely.

When was the last time it rained at your home ? Today

Old 07-28-2009, 10:04 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,736,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning/evening everyone
Happy Wednesday
I figured it has been a few days since I posted the ? really early, so for those of you who are still awake here is

Today's Question(s);

What do you want the " Theme " to be ? pirates of the carribean

Bonus Question:

How many different kinds of "Drive-thru's" do you use ? mc donalds, wendys, kfc

What s the most unusual "Drive-thru" you have either visited or seen ? never been thru one

Extra Credit Question:
In Honor Of "Rain Day"

Have you "oops" ever left your car windows open during a rain storm ? happens all the time

When was the last time it rained at your home ? do showers count if so 3 seconds of rain yesterday

Today in History:
1754 - The first international boxing match was held -- in Harlston, England. Jack Slack, the champion from Great Britain, knocked out the French challenger, Jean Petit. the bout lasted only 25 minutes.
1844 - New York Yacht Club forms
1914 - 1st transcontinental phone call made between New York City and SF
1936 - RCA shows 1st real TV program
1938 - Comic strip "Dennis the Menace," 1st appears
1988 - Last U.S. Playboy Club, Lansing, Michigan, closes

Word of the Day:
beneficence\buh-NEFF-i-suhns\ , noun:
1.The practice of doing good; active goodness, kindness, or charity.
2.A charitable gift or act.

Today is:
National Lasagna Day
Chicken Wings Day
NASA Day
Cadillac Day
National Lipstick Day

Old 07-28-2009, 10:20 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,462,379 times

What do you want the " Theme " to be ? Dogs and cats!

Bonus Question:

How many different kinds of "Drive-thru's" do you use ? Dry cleaners and fast food.

What s the most unusual "Drive-thru" you have either visited or seen ? When my husband and I were in Los Angeles, we visited a funeral home that featured a drive thru....LOL

Extra Credit Question:
In Honor Of "Rain Day"

Have you "oops" ever left your car windows open during a rain storm ? Yes, a few times over the years.

When was the last time it rained at your home ? Good soaking rain, about a month ago. Quick shower/thunderstorm last week.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:39 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,737,078 times
Today's Question(s);

What do you want the " Theme " to be ? Retro (70's)

Bonus Question:

How many different kinds of "Drive-thru's" do you use ? Basically Fast-Food Restaurants

What s the most unusual "Drive-thru" you have either visited or seen ? Drive-Thru for Courtesy Cleaners, you can drive right up to the door and the bring your dry cleaning right to your car and put it in the car for you! It's really nice.

Extra Credit Question:
In Honor Of "Rain Day"

Have you "oops" ever left your car windows open during a rain storm ? No, thank heavens!

When was the last time it rained at your home ? Monday

Old 07-28-2009, 10:43 PM

3,455 posts, read 2,788,138 times
Today's Question(s);

What do you want the " Theme " to be ? I'm not sure... surprise me

Bonus Question:

How many different kinds of "Drive-thru's" do you use ? just the bank once in a while

What s the most unusual "Drive-thru" you have either visited or seen ? out west they have drive thru grocery stores.. what's with that?

Extra Credit Question:
In Honor Of "Rain Day"

Have you "oops" ever left your car windows open during a rain storm ? last time was a year ago and got my a$$ wet..

When was the last time it rained at your home ? yesterday... been a very rainy summer here.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:53 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,547,134 times
Thanks Karla for posting early...after not being able to get on CD most of the day today, this is a real treat!

How many different kinds of "Drive-thru's" do you use ? I don't use drive-thru's...my dh hates them, so he kind of got me out of the habit!

Have you "oops" ever left your car windows open during a rain storm ? Yes

When was the last time it rained at your home ? Hey...it doesn't rain much in California...I guess maybe back in April?

National Lasagna Day...One of my favorites!
Chicken Wings Day...I love hot wings!
Cadillac Day....Never owned one.
National Lipstick Day...Never use this...just give me Chap Stick!

Happy Wednesday everyone!!

Old 07-28-2009, 11:27 PM

18,221 posts, read 25,868,606 times
Questions of the day:

The party fairy is coming to pick you up and take you to a terrific party! What do you want the "theme" to be? Rock and roll all night, and party every day, yeppirs!!

How many different drive inns do you use? Taco bell, Wendy's. Can't help it, they're down the street from me!

Have you "oops" left your car windows open during a rain storm? OH, YEA! Just done it yesterday! GRR!

When was the last time it rained at your home? Luckily, just a few hours ago. Been real dry here the last couple months.

National lasagna day. Love it!
Chicken wings day? ditto
Cadillac day? never owned one.

Hope everyone has a GREAT Wednesday!

Old 07-28-2009, 11:39 PM

821 posts, read 2,012,305 times
Today's Question(s);

What do you want the " Theme " to be ?
I would like a Luau with a pig roasted in the ground

Bonus Question:

How many different kinds of "Drive-thru's" do you use ? I don't do fast food restaurants except sonic and that is a drive up to, not thru
don't have any reason to go to the bank, if I do, it has to be inside
not sure what the other kind of drive thru's there are

What s the most unusual "Drive-thru" you have either visited or seen ? can't say any
but I did read some place (not sure where it was at) there was a drive thru place to get married, just stay in your car

Extra Credit Question:
In Honor Of "Rain Day"

Have you "oops" ever left your car windows open during a rain storm ?
yes, many times

When was the last time it rained at your home ? today, and my garden needs it

Today is:
National Lasagna Day ok, I think I will make a lasagna today
Chicken Wings Day I will take some of these

Old 07-29-2009, 02:02 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,046,835 times
The "Party Fairy" is stopping by to pick you up and take you to a terrific party!! What do you want the " Theme " to be ?

This one's easy for me: Please take me to my victory party over cancer. ... and all my CD friends are invited ... and I hope it comes soon because the journey is tiring ... and be careful when you type today because I almost typed Party Farty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics