Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 11:06 AM

2,278 posts, read 3,923,580 times

Advertisements

My reason would be:
-The snooze button was working too well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 11:35 AM

606 posts, read 1,235,265 times
This one is a true story for me.
I am mortified of bee's. And one afternoon my best friend picked me up for lunch. Well after lunch was over she had opened her door to get into her car first but a bee beat her to it. I was about to get in and I saw the damn bee. I told her that I was NOT going to get into that car until the bee was either squished or out of the car. She spend about 10 minutes trying to squish the damn bee because that thing kept trying to get away from her but never would leave the car. She smushed it and I was a bit late, I had to explain all of this to my boss. His reaction was "bees are our friends, next time don't smush it".

Old 09-17-2009, 11:49 AM

I don't think I've ever had an assignment NOT turned in back in school...oh many many many years ago. I can't recall enough to even say I did or had an excuse. (i was a goody-2-shoes nerd back then, heh!).

Um, being late from then and in present time? Heh..that's another story. I run on filipino time--meaning our idea of showing up on time is 10 minutes later, lol. Yes, yes, I am trying to shun that side of me and improve I work alone so nobody knows what I am doing *evil laugh* so for now, I am fine.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:03 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,201,093 times
I was sleeping with your husband and he forgot to set the alarm.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I was sleeping with your husband and he forgot to set the alarm.
Did he have big feet, big hands and a big nose?

Old 09-17-2009, 12:08 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,879,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04glow View Post
This one is a true story for me.
I am mortified of bee's. And one afternoon my best friend picked me up for lunch. Well after lunch was over she had opened her door to get into her car first but a bee beat her to it. I was about to get in and I saw the damn bee. I told her that I was NOT going to get into that car until the bee was either squished or out of the car. She spend about 10 minutes trying to squish the damn bee because that thing kept trying to get away from her but never would leave the car. She smushed it and I was a bit late, I had to explain all of this to my boss. His reaction was "bees are our friends, next time don't smush it".
LOL.. that reminds me of a little incident from 1966, when we were little kids. My parents took us on a little country drive one time back then, in my father's then brand new red 1966 Plymouth Fury. They stopped at a fruit vendor on the side of the road, and picked up a few tasty things, and we were on the road again, when all of the sudden my little sister started screaming and crying. My father pulled over to the side of the road, and my mom, who had gotten out and opened the rear door my sister was sitting next to, and mom was trying to find out what the problem was and yelling, "What's wrong with you?", and I remember my sister was crying and she pointed to her rear end. My mom pulled down the shorts my sister was wearing, and there was a hornet that stung her in the rear! We think it might have gotten into the car when we stopped at that fruit vendor a couple of miles back..

Old 09-17-2009, 12:16 PM

27,357 posts, read 27,411,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
LOL.. that reminds me of a little incident from 1966, when we were little kids. My parents took us on a little country drive one time back then, in my father's then brand new red 1966 Plymouth Fury. They stopped at a fruit vendor on the side of the road, and picked up a few tasty things, and we were on the road again, when all of the sudden my little sister started screaming and crying. My father pulled over to the side of the road, and my mom, who had gotten out and opened the rear door my sister was sitting next to, and mom was trying to find out what the problem was and yelling, "What's wrong with you?", and I remember my sister was crying and she pointed to her rear end. My mom pulled down the shorts my sister was wearing, and there was a hornet that stung her in the rear! We think it might have gotten into the car when we stopped at that fruit vendor a couple of miles back..

Knowing you, you probably planted it there!

Old 09-17-2009, 12:19 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,649,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicejb View Post
Did he have big feet, big hands and a big nose?
I bet he did - - - - That's why she was sleeping with him!!

"He sure as hell better be packing, cause he'd be one funny looking guy!"

Sound familiar???

Old 09-17-2009, 12:19 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,879,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Knowing you, you probably planted it there!
LOL.. go to your room!

Old 09-17-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsh1127 View Post
I bet he did - - - - That's why she was sleeping with him!!

"He sure as hell better be packing, cause he'd be one funny looking guy!"

Sound familiar???
Don't forget Goofy looking. Oh Thursday girl, I hope there's no paperbag moment for ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics