Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 07:55 AM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonguru View Post
Anybody else have issues with showering with other people at gyms, spa's, training centers, etc...? I never got use to it in high school at i still never have. I think that it is EXTREMELY personal and should be done alone (except with my wife)
I dont know that they still have it but back in Japan I remember the bath houses they had, you go in, wash up and join everyone else in a big wooden hot tub to kill the germs afterwards. My mom took me there a few times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 01:40 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,033,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I tried that before using the garden hose in my front yard, but my neighbors didn't like it too much...
Hey Mike, I have some neighbors across the street that walk around half-naked most of the time so they probably wouldn't mind it at all if I did that!...LOL.

As far as showering in public facilities, I don't care much for that either. The last time I showered in a public shower stall it was absolutely disgusting (I'll spare you all the details)

Old 10-20-2009, 01:55 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
As far as showering in public facilities, I don't care much for that either. The last time I showered in a public shower stall it was absolutely disgusting (I'll spare you all the details)
I haven't showered in a "Public facility", since my Physical Education class during my sophomore year in high school and that was in 1973.. heck in fact I haven't showered anywhere since then.... - Just kidding.

I'll tell you one thing though, I'd be very careful about even thinking of showering in a public facility, like a fitness center, in places like San Francisco, especially around the Castro District.. if you know what I mean... Not that I would go there, but if I'm walking around a big shower room with a lot of other nude men, the last thing I want to find out is, all of those guys are gay, and the last thing I want to see is any of those guys looking at me kinda funny.. I'd be doing the 100-yard dash faster than you can ever imagine! Even FASTER than a running back, or a wide receiver, in a football game running towards the the in-zone for a touch-down!

Last edited by Magnum Mike; 10-20-2009 at 02:52 PM..

Old 10-20-2009, 02:03 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,033,859 times
Quote:
I haven't showered in a "Public facility", since my Physical Education class during my sophomore year in high school and that was in 1973.. heck in fact I haven't showered anywhere since then.... - Just kidding.

I'll tell you one thing though, I'd be very careful about even thinking of showering in a public facility, like a fitness center, in places like San Francisco, especially around the Castro District.. if you know what I mean... Not that I would go there, but if I'm walking around a big shower room with a lot of other nude men, the last thing I want to find out is, all of those guys are gay, and the last thing I want to see is any of those guys looking at me kinda funny.. I'd be doing the 100-yard dash faster than you can ever imagine!

LOL...Yeah, that's a shower I wouldn't want to be anywhere near! Yikes!

Old 10-20-2009, 02:14 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times
I didn't mind showers in school. But I vividly remember the very first day we girls used the showers in the newly built room. We all stood around nervously, clutching our towels around us, giggling and waiting to see who'd lead the way. Finally "Susan" braved it and she ran in and out very quickly.

It doesn't really bother me to shower in public pools today; however, I always take a pair of cheap rubber flipflops to use (although it doesn't work that well at the poolside). The only problem I had at a public pool is when I left a towel by my locker to use after the shower, and someone stole it! I felt so damn weird standing there, felt even more naked, when I had to ask someone to ask staff for a towel.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:15 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
One thing I remember about showering with a bunch of other guys in Physical Education in high school, there was this one guy who was... shall I say.. very gifted... and everybody in the class knew that... but nobody said anything... I mean what do you say to somebody like that? "Hey that's a nice... <ahem>" Or what are other guys supposed to say to each other? "Wow, did you see that guy's.. <ahem> ?" LOL...

Old 10-20-2009, 06:42 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,387,014 times
Quote:
I mean what do you say to somebody like that? "Hey that's a nice... <ahem>" Or what are other guys supposed to say to each other? "Wow, did you see that guy's.. <ahem> ?" LOL...
Say nothing. Always an option.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:53 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,576,507 times
Totally not a public shower-er.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:40 PM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Quote:
Hmmm... the nudity didn't bother me either, except they didn't like it whenever I walked into the girls locker/shower room...

Sorry Tossie, I'm only kidding, I never did that.

I never had any problems in PE class in high school, and the big shower room all of us used, the boys that is. There were 4 or 5 boys that got in trouble one time I remember in my junior year in high school ( I wasn't with them) From what I heard, they either ran or streaked into the girls locker room while a number of girls were either getting dressed or showering after PE class.
Yeah right!

Old 10-20-2009, 09:04 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times
Well. . . .

There IS something worse than showering in public. . . . showers in prison. There, now doesn't that make us feel a little better?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics