Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 06:14 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

How many of our QOTD family have and use a clothesline? Not I, too dusty.

Bonus Question:

If you should hear a noise late at night do you:

Get up to see what it is? Usually armed with a shotgun.

Send the dogs? My dog is the worst watch dog ever.

Extra Credit Question:

OK time to put the thinking caps on

What song title would you use to describe something you have recently done? Brown Sugar by the Stones, because I recently made oatmeal cookies.

Just for Fun:

How do you heat your house?

Do you have

Gas This, although both heaters are broken.

National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day I'd be ALL OVER a piece of this. Now I want pumpkin cheesecake and I blame YOU!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 06:16 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,675,247 times

Today's Question(s):

How many of our QOTD family have and use a clothesline ?
I don't my HOA would allow it.

How many don't but with they did ?

Have you ever "forgotten" the stuff was out there either for overnight or oops it rained ?
I "lost" a package of frozen chicken in my truck several years ago. Actually I thought I forgot to buy them. I found them about 3 months later, on a 90 deg day, under the passenger seat. I didn't open them http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv343/liann14/No%20Animation/bad_smelly.png (broken link)

Does anyone live in a area where they are not "allowed" ?

Bonus Question:

Get up to see what it is ?
Like Jeff Foxworthy, I go downstairs, in my underwear, with a baseball bat looking for someone with a ball and glove.

Wake someone else to go check it out ?

Send the dogs ?

Yell "whose out there" in hopes it may be a really polite noisemaker that will answer ?

Extra Credit Question:

What song title would you use to describe something you have recently done ?

YouTube - The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)

Just for Fun:

How do you heat your house ?
Furnace

Do you have
Electric
Gas
NO but the cat does
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee19/KimCandy2/Funny/fbdu2d.jpg (broken link)

Oil
Something else

Today in History:
1879 - After 14 months of experimenting in Menlo Park, NJ, Thomas Alva Edison succeeded in producing a working prototype of the electric, incandescent lamp. It could burn for thirteen and a half hours.
1918 - Margaret Owen sets world typing speed record of 170 wpm for 1 min
1925 - The U.S. Treasury Department announced that it had fined 29,620 people for (alcohol) prohibition violations. The fines totaled $5,000,000.
1959 - Guggenheim Museum, by Frank Lloyd Wright, opens in N.Y.C.
1980 - The Phillies won their first World Series title. The Phils won the Series, 4 games to 2. - and it looks like they are about to head into another World Series Go Phillies !!

Word of the Day:

scuttlebutt \SKUHT-l-buht\ , noun:
1. A drinking fountain on a ship.
2. A cask on a ship that contains the day's supply of drinking water.
3. Gossip; rumor.

Today is:

Apple Day
Garbanzo Bean Day
National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day
Reptile Awareness Day
Babbling Day[/quote]

7,487 posts, read 8,005,092 times
Today's Question(s):

No clothesline here.

How many don't but wish they did ?
Have no desire for one. Having one would probably end in disaster. Moose come and go thru my yard.

Have you ever "forgotten" the stuff was out there either for overnight or oops it rained ?
I have left other things outside and remembered just not in time they were out there as it was starting to rain. Oh well.

Nope

Bonus Question:

Late night noises do not bother me. It is when I do not hear anything that I start to worry and wonder what is about to happen.

Send the dogs ?

Yell "whose out there" in hopes it may be a really polite noisemaker that will answer ?

Extra Credit Question:

Another one bites the dust.

Just for Fun:

Do you have
Electric
Gas
It would be this
Oil
Something else
By lighting farts. Hey...times are tough. Can't be wasting free energy sources.

16,199 posts, read 11,673,339 times
Morning and Go Phillies!!

How many of our QOTD family have and use a clothesline ? Had one for years but we aren't allowed clothesline here in our community.
I do miss it especially this time of the year... Sheets would smell "wonderful".

How many don't but wish they did ? Me sort of but I do have a drying rack I put out side on a nice day.

Have you ever "forgotten" the stuff was out there either for overnight or oops it rained ? LOL......do birds fly? Had a neighbor who left her cloths out in the dead of winter when it snowed. I'm serious. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

Does anyone live in a area where they are not "allowed" ? see above!!!

Bonus Question:

Send the dogs ?

When I go to bed, I take out my hearing aid so I wouldn't hear a dump truck drive in a nitroglicern plant. LOL!! It's like being dead for 8 hours.

Extra Credit Question:

What song title would you use to describe something you have recently done ? I am woman hear me right!!!! I'm woooooooooomaaannnnnnn

Just for Fun:

How do you heat your house ? It weird. Gas and electric with a heat pump.

Do you have
Electric
Gas
Oil
Something else see above!

No scuttlebutt please......just water. I'm so sick of gossip.

Today is:
Apple Daykeep the doc away.
Garbanzo Bean Daylove love love em. Had hummus yesterday.
National Pumpkin Cheesecake Daygod you are killing me here.
Reptile Awareness Dayewwwwwwwww
Babbling Day[/quote]should be every day.

Happy Wednesday

Old 10-21-2009, 06:18 AM

607 posts, read 1,334,364 times
Good morning everyone...happy humpday!

How many of our QOTD family have and use a clothesline ? I do. It's in my laundry room. I also hang clothes on the shower rod to dry. I live in a condo so can't put them outside.

Bonus Question:

If you should hear a noise late at night do you: Let the downstairs neighbors worry about it. Bad me!

Get up to see what it is ? Not usually. Unless there are flashing lights involved...

Extra Credit Question:

What song title would you use to describe something you have recently done ? Rebel, Rebel.

Just for Fun:

Do you have
Electric Yes- haven't used it yet this year.
Gas Fireplace. I like this and it does give some heat.
Oil
Something else

Old 10-21-2009, 06:21 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,322,446 times
Good morning everyone!!

Today's Question(s):

How many of our QOTD family have and use a clothesline ? We don't. We actually live in a neighborhood where it's forbidden to have one...

How many don't but wish they did ? I wish we had one, using a dryer is neither cheap or green! And linens smell nice when they dry in the open air!

Have you ever "forgotten" the stuff was out there either for overnight or oops it rained ? This has probably happened when I had one... At least, forgetting it overnight, not sure about the rain...

Does anyone live in a area where they are not "allowed" ? Yes...

Bonus Question:

Get up to see what it is ? Maybe

Wake someone else to go check it out ? I would probably ask hubby to come with me!

Send the dogs ? Don't have dogs

Yell "whose out there" in hopes it may be a really polite noisemaker that will answer ? Not sure

Extra Credit Question:

What song title would you use to describe something you have recently done ? Hard day's night

(oh, talking about the Beatles... We went to the Hard Rock café in NYC and they have memorabilia from the Beatles, and I got over-excited in the middle of the restaurant when I saw Ringo Starr's drum set! There were people having dinner right next to it (lucky them), they must have thought I was completely nuts, lol. I even did something that is not allowed: I stretched my arm and touched it! I touched the drums! Yeaaaah! Well, OK, I am nuts!)

Just for Fun:

Do you have
Electric
Gas
Oil
Something else

Today is:
Apple Day
Garbanzo Bean Day
Reptile Awareness Day
Babbling Day

Have a nice Wednesday!

Last edited by Sudcaro; 10-21-2009 at 06:29 AM..

Old 10-21-2009, 06:29 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
How many of our QOTD family have and use a clothesline ? Had one growing up in a NYC tenement. I remember the day the pole came crashing down against the Bldg and our clothes were all over the yard.

Have you ever "forgotten" the stuff was out there either for overnight or oops it rained ? I remember in winter how the clothes would freeze on the clothesline. You'd bring them in and your hands would be frozen and your pants would stand up on their own until they defrosted.

Bonus Question:

Get up to see what it is ? I'm a fairly light sleeper, so if I hear a noise I get up, grab the flashlight and either a hammer or a knife, and check it out.

Send the dogs ? My dog weights less than 20 pounds, while she makes a good "burgler alarm" she won't be of much help in the fight.

Yell "whose out there" in hopes it may be a really polite noisemaker that will answer ? No, I like having the element of surprise on my side. I stay vewy, vewy quiet...sshhh.
[u]

What song title would you use to describe something you have recently done ? Take This Job and Shove It

Just for Fun:

How do you heat your house ? I run around the kitchen table 50 times. That, and I believe my home is heated by electric.

Today is:
Reptile Awareness Day - My functional career director is a snake, I guess I should send him a card.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:37 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,115,981 times
Today's Question(s):

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll105/poconoproud/th_laundry1.gif (broken link)
not me! But I remember when I was 4, and my family moved into the home I grew up in. In the back yard were to giant T poles. I remember asking my mom what they were for, and she said "For me, they will be for hanging clothes from a clothes line, but for you and your brother, I can see they'll be used for hanging like monkeys." Ya know what...she was right we monkey swung from those poles for many years, until she got a drier, made dad pull them out of the ground, and planted two crab apple trees in their place. (swung fromt the branches, too)

How many don't but wish they did ? not me!

Bonus Question:

Get up to see what it is ? I hear nothing, I am a very sound sleeper.

Send the dogs ? my dog sleeps sounder than me..

Extra Credit Question:

What song title would you use to describe something you have recently done ? Don't Worry Be Happy

Just for Fun:

How do you heat your house ? We have furnace, and use propane.

Do you have
Electric
Gas
Oil
Something else

Today in History:
1879 - After 14 months of experimenting in Menlo Park, NJ, Thomas Alva Edison succeeded in producing a working prototype of the electric, incandescent lamp. It could burn for thirteen and a half hours.
1918 - Margaret Owen sets world typing speed record of 170 wpm for 1 min That's nothin'...you should see my kids texting their friends..now that's fast..
1925 - The U.S. Treasury Department announced that it had fined 29,620 people for (alcohol) prohibition violations. The fines totaled $5,000,000.Ahh..finally the reason behind prohibition...they knew what a boon it'd be.
1959 - Guggenheim Museum, by Frank Lloyd Wright, opens in N.Y.C.
Love Falling Waters here in PA.
1980 - The Phillies won their first World Series title. The Phils won the Series, 4 games to 2. - and it looks like they are about to head into another World Series Go Phillies !!

Word of the Day:
scuttlebutt \SKUHT-l-buht\ , noun:
1. A drinking fountain on a ship.
2. A cask on a ship that contains the day's supply of drinking water.
3. Gossip; rumor.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll105/poconoproud/th_e7a94e612047624c72d4f3cb2af9e70a.gif (broken link)"Wow, Yeah"..."Yeah, wow, can you believe the scuttlebutt?"
Today is:
Apple Day
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll105/poconoproud/th_pony4.gif (broken link)
Garbanzo Bean Day
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll105/poconoproud/th_piesmiley5.gif (broken link)
Reptile Awareness Day
Babbling Day[/quote]

Old 10-21-2009, 06:43 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,871,132 times
Today's Question(s):

How many of our QOTD family have and use a clothesline ? No clotheslines. In the summer I sometimes put clothes on a rack to dry on the porch. I have a neighbor... understand that my closest neighbors are 1/4 mile away... who puts his clothes over the railing on his porch year round. Always makes me wonder in the middle of winter how stiff they are and how long it takes them to dry.

Have you ever "forgotten" the stuff was out there either for overnight or oops it rained ? When I was growing up.

Bonus Question:

If you should hear a noise late at night do you: I live alone so yes, I get up myself & turn on the porch lights and sometimes the light over the garage. I've had a bear on my porch several times.

Extra Credit Question:

What song title would you use to describe something you have recently done ? "Oh what a Beautiful Morning" Coming in to school today I took a little side road to look at the sun on the trees.

Just for Fun:

Woodstove with a gas furnace as backup heat.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:54 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Good morning everyone. Kisses and Hugs to all for wishing me a Happy Birthday yesterday. I am out of reps so for now here is a big ole smooch. Hubby made my day very special and the Chocolate Wave cake at Red Lobster is the best.

How many of our QOTD family have and use a clothesline ? I do. I have one in TN and 1 here in FL. Hubby won't let me hang clothes here in FL because we have "people neighbors" lol. He said I can put one in the garage.

Have you ever "forgotten" the stuff was out there either for overnight or oops it rained ? Oh yeah.

Does anyone live in a area where they are not "allowed" ? Apparently not but I don't see any clothes swinging in the breeze here in FL.

If you should hear a noise late at night do you: First I say to my husband "did you hear that"? Most of the time I will get up to check things out but I think if I felt it was dangerous I would send my hubby with a gun.

Send the dogs ? Yeah right, lol. Have you seen my dog? Miss ferocious pug

It's too early for this. I'll have to come back with that.

How do you heat your house ? TN it's propane which will be changed over to a wood burning stove. FL is electric.

Apple Day
Garbanzo Bean Day
Reptile Awareness Day
Babbling Day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics