Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 11:49 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Monday

Today's Question(s):

Are there any clocks in your home that you forgot to"spring ahead" so as of next week it will finally be right ? There's a clock or two that I never adjust. Oddly enough, it never poses a problem. I get to realizing that those clocks are an hour ahead.

Bonus Question:
Yesterday we talked about food you didn't like when you were little,it made me wonder

When you were little did you have to

If it was being served you had to eat it ? Often, not always.
At least try everything that was being served ?
If you didn't like it you didn't have to eat it ? There were times that I literally sat the table for HOURS because I refused to eat something. Yes, I was one of "those" kids.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever worked 2nd or 3rd shift at a job ? I pulled a double once when I waited tables. Wasn't worth it.

What would your "ideal" working hours be ? About 16 hours a week. WITH benefits! So I'm a dreamer. . . .

Just for Fun:

Who is your favorite loquacious person ? Co-worker and friend named Bernie. Talks TOO much, and it gets on my nerves, but we love her.

Who is your favorite non-loquacious person ? Hmm. The stuffed bear on my massage chair.

Today in History:
1492 - Lead pencils 1st used WOW!
1785 - The first mules in America arrived in Boston, Massachusetts. They were a gift from King Charles III of Spain.)
1941 - U.S. savings bonds go on sale
1954 - Chevrolet unveils the V-8 engine
1964 - Rolling Stones appear on Ed Sullivan Show I remember that!
1972 - Guided tours of Alcatraz (by Park Service) begin Done that. It was an ideal prison.

Word of the Day:
loquacious \loh-KWAY-shuhs\ , adjective:
1. Very talkative.
2. Full of excessive talk; wordy.

Today is:
Pumpkin Day My favorite pie.
Pretzel Day
Mince Meat Pie Day Do you know how RARE it is to find a TRUE mince-meat pie with meat in it???
National Sleep-In Day Oh, God, how I wanted to sleep in this morning!
Worldwide Howl At The Moon Night Oh, no! The kooks must be out today, then!
Happy Monday, everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 12:04 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,033,859 times
Today's Question(s):

Are there any clocks in your home that you forgot to"spring ahead" so as of next week it will finally be right ?

Just the one in the car, I always forget to set that one.

Bonus Question:

Yesterday we talked about food you didn't like when you were little,it made me wonder

If it was being served you had to eat it ?
No
Yes
If you didn't like it you didn't have to eat it ? Yes

My parents always encouraged me and my siblings to try everything at least once but they never forced us to eat something if we didn't like it.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever worked 2nd or 3rd shift at a job ?

Yes, when I was younger I worked a 10PM to 6AM graveyard shift at a residential facility. It was tough to sleep during the day so I hated it!

What would your "ideal" working hours be ?

Flex hours. It would be nice to have a job where I could set my own schedule. I've known some people who have this kind of schedule and they all love it. I would probably work 9AM to 6PM most of the time since I'm not an early morning person.

Just for Fun:

Who is your favorite loquacious person ?

A good friend of mine here in town. He talks a lot but we always have a good time.

Who is your favorite non-loquacious person ?

My dad.

Today is:
Pumpkin Day- would prefer pumkin pie day!...LOL
Pretzel Day- yes!
National Sleep-In Day- Oh yes!!!!!!!!!
Worldwide Howl At The Moon Night- this might be fun!

Old 10-26-2009, 12:28 PM

883 posts, read 519,214 times
Hello someone suggested I should answer in color
Thank You

Today's Question(s):

Are there any clocks in your home that you forgot to"spring ahead" so as of next week it will finally be right ?

I do not think so
I thought we had already fall back our hour

Bonus Question:

If you didn't like it you didn't have to eat it ?

I had to eat everything that was placed on my plate if I did not eat it
I would be send to bed
I had very strict parents

Extra Credit Question:

yes many times before I retired

What would your "ideal" working hours be ?

If I had to work again I would love to work 9-5

Just for Fun:

Who is your favorite loquacious person ?

My Daughter

Who is your favorite non-loquacious person ?

My Daughter in law

Old 10-26-2009, 12:48 PM

1,539 posts, read 3,191,662 times
Happy Monday to all! Here we go again!!!

Today's Question(s):

Are there any clocks in your home that you forgot to"spring ahead" so as of next week it will finally be right ? No, all clocks in my house must be accurate! I even set the clocks on the coffee pot. I tend to only follow the clocks on my cell phone or the cable box, since they are 100% accurate

Bonus Question:

If it was being served you had to eat it ? Yes, FISH (grew up in Alaska).
At least try everything that was being served ? Depends on who I was with
If you didn't like it you didn't have to eat it ? Again, depends on who I was with. I was quite stubborn and would stay at the table all night if I had to - to avoid eating what I didn't want. KIDS!!!

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever worked 2nd or 3rd shift at a job ? Yep! In my senior year of high school I worked from 4pm-midnight at a seedy hotel, not a good idea!!!

What would your "ideal" working hours be ? 4 ten hour days. Hours of 8am-6pm would work!

Just for Fun:

Who is your favorite loquacious person ? My cousin

Who is your favorite non-loquacious person ? Hubby!!! Lol.

Today in History:
1492 - Lead pencils 1st used
1785 - The first mules in America arrived in Boston, Massachusetts. They were a gift from King Charles III of Spain.)
1954 - Chevrolet unveils the V-8 engine
1964 - Rolling Stones appear on Ed Sullivan Show
1972 - Guided tours of Alcatraz (by Park Service) begin

Word of the Day:
loquacious \loh-KWAY-shuhs\ , adjective:
1. Very talkative.
2. Full of excessive talk; wordy.

Today is:
Pumpkin Day You can never have too much pumpkin anything!!!
Pretzel Day Bleh- too bland for me!
Mince Meat Pie Day Yuck!
National Sleep-In Day Awesome!!!! Prob would have but I was not at home in my own bed-never sleep as good when away from home.
Worldwide Howl At The Moon Night[/quote] Guess I know what I'll be doing tonight

Old 10-26-2009, 01:05 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,901 times
Are there any clocks in your home that you forgot to"spring ahead" so as of next week it will finally be right ? No, I don't think so. Most of them spring ahead on their own

Bonus Question:

If it was being served you had to eat it ? Rarely, I wasn't a very good girl and ate next to nothing.
At least try everything that was being served ? Well they always tried to make me try
If you didn't like it you didn't have to eat it ? Yes, that was more often the case than not.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever worked 2nd or 3rd shift at a job ? No.

What would your "ideal" working hours be ? From 7 to 12 Hmmm, if I should ask my boss if that's possible

Just for Fun:

Who is your favorite loquacious person ? The partner of my friend. He's so funny and talk and talks and talks. He talks so much he might even talk more than I do

Who is your favorite non-loquacious person ? DH, he's my center of tranquility.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:26 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,596,004 times
Thanks for the DST reminder, Karla!
Are there any clocks in your home that you forgot to"spring ahead" so as of next week it will finally be right ? My pedometer had been wrong but I replaced the battery a week or so again so, I guess this means that next week it will be wrong again!
Yesterday we talked about food you didn't like when you were little,it made me wonder Oh yeah I remembered I didn't like black licorice but now I do! Nothing to do with my Good & Plenty trivia

At least try everything that was being served ? mostly this one
If you didn't like it you didn't have to eat it ?
Have you ever worked 2nd or 3rd shift at a job ? Not exactly, but I've had seasons when I basically pulled double shifts

What would your "ideal" working hours be ? Is this a trick question

Who is your favorite loquacious person ? my mom

Who is your favorite non-loquacious person ? my husband

Old 10-26-2009, 01:42 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,139,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
Worldwide Howl At The Moon Night Oh... I might have to give this a whirl later tonight with Sweetie Pie! LMAO!!!!!!!.
LMAO............no r3ps for you either, little Missy!

Old 10-26-2009, 02:03 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Today in History:
1492 - Lead pencils 1st used
With lead on them, I bet they were a little heavy back then..

I think they're now the family that owns the Mayflower Moving Company..

They were on sale? Was it a Blue Light Special?

1964 - Rolling Stones appear on Ed Sullivan Show
I used to call them "The Rolling Stoned".. Have you seen how Keith Richards looks these days? He could go to a Halloween party, and he won't need a costume...

1972 - Guided tours of Alcatraz (by Park Service) begin
I was on there one time, not locked up, but on a tour. - This was in 1983, but I don't think they have those tours anymore.

Today is:
Pumpkin Day
Pretzel Day
Mince Meat Pie Day
National Sleep-In Day
Worldwide Howl At The Moon Night
Perfect combination.. Somebody can eat a pumpkin, pretzels, and a Mince Meat Pie, and that combination is probably enough to wake that person up in the middle of the night, and make him/her Howl at the moon, then sleep in the next day.... so if I hear one of my neighbors howling at the moon tonight, I'll know why..

Old 10-26-2009, 02:05 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,053,824 times
Today's Question(s):

Are there any clocks in your home that you forgot to"spring ahead" so as of next week it will finally be right?

No.

Bonus Question:

If it was being served you had to eat it?
At least try everything that was being served?
If you didn't like it you didn't have to eat it?

If it was being served, I had to eat it. I hated that rule, which is why I don't make my daughter eat anything she doesn't like.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever worked 2nd or 3rd shift at a job?

No. Never.

What would your "ideal" working hours be?

11 a.m. - 7 p.m. I am NOT a morning person. 11 a.m. would be a perfect start time for me. And, 7 p.m. is still early enough to make it to the mall or whatever, before they close.

Just for Fun:

Who is your favorite loquacious person?

My mother.

Who is your favorite non-loquacious person?

My female friend, Stacy.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:14 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,397,185 times
Today's Question(s):
I don't leave clocks unchanged for 6 mos. But this q reminds me of the saying: a stopped clock is right twice a day. Modern twist: a digital clock just dies.

Bonus Question:

At least try everything that was being served - this one. I don't believe in forcing anyone to eat something they don't like.

Extra Credit Question:
Yes, both. I like those schedules actually.

Have also worked jobs where I worked every weekend so days off were something like Monday and Tuesday. The plus is you can run errands on your days off. Minus is not as many fun things are scheduled as they are on Saturdays.

Also, worked all holidays for years when single and no kids. Got double pay for those days.

Today is:
Pumpkin Day gotta get home by midnight or turn into a pumpkin
National Sleep-In Day shouldn't that day be on a weekend?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics