Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2007, 10:36 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times

Advertisements

Salem, OR (AHN) - Sales at a drive-in coffee shop in Salem, Oregon jumped tremendously after the owners decided to hire females wearing bikinis as waitresses.

Coffee Nation owners Adam Marshall and Steven Rotan say they decided they needed to do something offbeat to attract customers after the state required they install a median that would block left-turn access into their business.

The Statesman Journal reported that they decided to have their six female employees wear swimsuit tops. The idea really worked and their profits are soaring.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7007367527 (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2007, 10:41 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
What, no pictures? What kind of post is this? Do you have the address?

Old 05-20-2007, 04:56 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
No surprise there, then !

Old 05-20-2007, 06:30 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
I say not if they are prep the drinks eeeeek! I say this on the Daily Buzz news show... It looks like they have a drive thru and they have on bikinis...

Old 05-20-2007, 09:03 AM

266 posts, read 1,195,333 times
As a woman, I would personally find this a big reason NOT to frequent their establishment!! I don't need to feel like crap about myself, watching a bunch of hotties running around, AND I wouldn't appreciate my husband drooling over them either. Maybe I would change my mind if they had an equal number of sexy guys running around wearing spandex shorts and nothing more....

Old 05-20-2007, 09:44 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
It's only a good idea if those waitresses have the bodies to wear those bikinis! Let's face it - we've all seen people who shouldn't be wearing skimpy things or spandex!

Old 05-20-2007, 10:56 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Adam Marshall and Steven Rotan are two big boobs trying to get a leg up on Starbucks! Like it or not, sex sells.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:17 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,224,415 times
I have noted that most, if not all of the local stands hire just pretty girls. I have wondered, not why, as that is obvious, I guess, but whether it actually makes a difference in the bottom line. If all of them are doing this, doesn't it kind of cancel out, as there is only so much coffee sold every day. Anchorage actually has more coffee stands per capita than Seattle or San Francisco. 2.9 per 10,000, as opposed to 2.2 and 2.5 respectively. Isn't there a bag limit on cups of coffee per day? I'm limited on salmon, halibut, moose and caribou.
Are we supposed to float battleships? My mind boggles at the sheer number of people driving in this town on a caffeine rush, and the thought of all those nerves jangling (noise pollution maybe). Isn't there a caffeine czar to put a stop to this. I have told the Woman who lives with me that her job at Starbucks is part of an international conspiracy, but it hasn't stopped her from showing up at the airport 6 days a week to open the stand to feed this addiction. It seems, She has no shame as a pusher of an insidious drug, She has no feelings of compassion concerning the poor morning addicts flying out to Seattle and Fairbanks. I have called the cops, but they have their own addicts and no time to put these pushers behind bars. ('Scuse me whilst I take a sip of my morning Arabica bean. Ahhhhh!).

Where was I? Oh yeah, the soapbox! Caffeine addicts of the world! Unite! You have nothing to lose, but the chains to the that MR.Coffee standing on the back counter in the office. French vanilla that darn you Juan Valdez. Double your latte Mrs. Folgers. And that insidious guy in a robe on the Hills Bros. can. WHAT is he carrying? Where's he going? Is that MY cup of coffee?

I wonder if the coffee cartels have made a move on the military? OMG, that's where I learned to drink coffee! Stop the presses, stop making espresso! AAAAAHHHHHHHG!

Old 05-20-2007, 05:41 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,676,051 times
I'd frequent a coffee shop that had hot women in bikinis. Seriously though, why stop there? This is something that could take off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics