Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 08:18 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,327,692 times

Advertisements

For all of you who say certain things aren't new age. Actually, New Ager's concerns are with just about everything. Most commonly Nature and the environment is a big part of the overall picture. Health, mediation, and religion are a big part of it.

First of all, you have to realize the term "New Age" is a word with a broad meaning and alot older than most people think. The new age movement is mostly about the Age of Aquarius that we are about to move into or already have moved into. The Dawning of a New Age, that will bring about our spiritual awakening and great time of peace. The people that consider themselves apart of the new age movement are concerned with helping us reach our spiritual awakening.

This means that they will use Old, modern and new ways to achieve this. I myself practice shamanism, reiki, bits of ancient Greek, Egyptian, Mayan and others beliefs. I wrap it all into one and I include my own personal beliefs into it as well. It is not any particular religious practice, but parts of many. I am always adding and changing the way I practice things. This is the age of information, we should be using it for our own benefits to achieve a greater understanding of the universe, ourselves, and others (past, present, and future). By utilizing the information available we will be better able to control our own future.

Just remember, We are all one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 11:51 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,676,737 times
While I understand the attempt to label, new age is not new.
It is a revival of old ways in a manner that is modern.
'The Secret' is a perfect example.

What is my religion? If I have to give it a name or label, Love.
I believe that everyone deserves compassion, however, while I my love everyone, I don't have to like them.
My belief is something that is a bit pantheistic and mystic. I have come to my belief by way of experience and what makes sense to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism