Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 11:23 PM

41 posts, read 18,986 times

Advertisements

I work as a cashier in at a major grocery store. During the busy times (afternoons, early evenings), I don't have time for anything. I am more worried about scanning/tendering the order, and nothing else. I don't talk much when it's busy like that. During non-peak times, if someone makes a comment about religion: 1. I'll be like "whatever, okay" 2. I will simply "roll along" with the customer, then 3. shrug it off after he/she leaves and mutter "<bleep> him/her" afterward. I don't have time for politics or religion on the job. I come there to work, I come there for money, and I come there for experience.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 06-29-2019 at 03:51 PM.. Reason: language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2019, 12:49 PM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
I got a good job installing A.C. units because I acted like I was interested in Scientology and I was always getting preached at, or witnessed to. I watched other employees dragging into work a couple hours late on a usual basis, and it was always the same with one dude. He wakes up, sits on the toilet and he leaves his body where his soul was stuck on the ceiling for 2 hours looking down at himself on the toilet, and this was a perfectly good reason to be late or to miss the whole day.

They kept taking me to the Bellare Scientology church, office or whatsver they called it, and they kept trying to put me under the can.

Thing is, those people were not lying, it happens to them all the time to where it becomes a problem in having no control to not leave they bodies at anytime, I mean, they are either mass hulicinating, or what they say is really happening.

Old 07-09-2019, 01:49 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,195,836 times
Perhaps it is time for fighting fire with fire.

You could find a medallion that you feel is emblematic of your pagan beliefs, and wear it at work hanging outside of your clothing. I would imagine that at some point your co-worker will finally ask what it is.

And you reply, "I am a pagan, and it is an emblem of my religion."

Given her background and the word "pagan" she might blast off right through the nearest wall. If not, you might add very pleasantly, "Let me tell you more about out beliefs, or perhaps you might come with me to a meeting."

Old 12-04-2020, 03:51 AM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I got a good job installing A.C. units because I acted like I was interested in Scientology and I was always getting preached at, or witnessed to. I watched other employees dragging into work a couple hours late on a usual basis, and it was always the same with one dude. He wakes up, sits on the toilet and he leaves his body where his soul was stuck on the ceiling for 2 hours looking down at himself on the toilet, and this was a perfectly good reason to be late or to miss the whole day.

They kept taking me to the Bellare Scientology church, office or whatsver they called it, and they kept trying to put me under the can.

Thing is, those people were not lying, it happens to them all the time to where it becomes a problem in having no control to not leave they bodies at anytime, I mean, they are either mass hulicinating, or what they say is really happening.
I have been trying to leave my body (not permanently!) for ages so how do they do it? Although I am not willing to become a Scientology convert to do it.

Old 03-15-2021, 07:55 PM

764 posts, read 1,421,895 times
Somehow or other I missed that there were some more replies to this thread.

Update if anyone is interested: The problem with the co-worker really never went away - she actually got more adamant about preaching whenever the branch manager was out of the office. I just sort of listened, continued to try to work (not always successfully), and didn't engage her, but just sort of half-way listened.

Around Thanksgiving 2019, I brought in a quartz and a fluorite crystal to sit on my desk for no real reason really other than (1) I truly am a rock hound and really do like them and (2) they were "asking" (sounds weird I know) to go to work with me. She started to say something about how they're from Satan or something but I kind of cut her off and said something to the effect of "I think I need to go back and re-read Genesis - I was under the impression God created the Earth and everything on it - including these rocks." That actually quieted her down for almost a week. I remember thinking I should have brought them in sooner if that's all it took lol.

About 3 weeks after that I was recruited away from that job to another one in the same industry but with almost double the hourly pay, with really good benefits and full-time (so I went from 25 hours a week to 40 hours a week plus nearly doubling my hourly pay!), and for one of the companies I really wanted to work for while I was in school. I've happily been there ever since.

Old 03-16-2021, 01:44 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,283,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnc66 View Post

Update if anyone is interested: The problem with the co-worker really never went away - she actually got more adamant about preaching whenever the branch manager was out of the office. I just sort of listened, continued to try to work (not always successfully), and didn't engage her, but just sort of half-way listened.

Around Thanksgiving 2019, I brought in a quartz and a fluorite crystal to sit on my desk for no real reason really other than (1) I truly am a rock hound and really do like them and (2) they were "asking" (sounds weird I know) to go to work with me. She started to say something about how they're from Satan or something but I kind of cut her off and said something to the effect of "I think I need to go back and re-read Genesis - I was under the impression God created the Earth and everything on it - including these rocks." That actually quieted her down for almost a week. I remember thinking I should have brought them in sooner if that's all it took lol.

About 3 weeks after that I was recruited away from that job to another one in the same industry but with almost double the hourly pay, with really good benefits and full-time (so I went from 25 hours a week to 40 hours a week plus nearly doubling my hourly pay!), and for one of the companies I really wanted to work for while I was in school. I've happily been there ever since.
Good for you. I think the crystals were the amulet that you needed-and they were letting you know.

Cat

Old 03-20-2021, 02:27 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnc66 View Post

No it doesn't.

And they helped you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism