Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2022, 10:34 AM

11,076 posts, read 6,887,781 times

Advertisements

I absolutely agree that people often have trouble reading for themselves.

I'm wondering if I should do a spread on the move, because the outer logic and circumstances say no. Until that changes, I'm wondering if it would even be appropriate to do a spread.

On the other hand, a spread might indicate something that would show new energy and an actual ability to effect the move, and have it turn out well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2022, 11:19 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
I absolutely agree that people often have trouble reading for themselves.

I'm wondering if I should do a spread on the move, because the outer logic and circumstances say no. Until that changes, I'm wondering if it would even be appropriate to do a spread.

On the other hand, a spread might indicate something that would show new energy and an actual ability to effect the move, and have it turn out well.
Let me see if I can find a spread that addresses being stuck as opposed to making a decision something more general. Maybe a 3 card. I’ll do one for you and one for me. I’ll try to find some quiet time today

Old 11-20-2022, 11:42 AM

Thank you! I should mention that a few months ago when I was in the throes of wanting to get back to my 'hood (arid climate) I got a strong little voice inside me that said "The time is not right yet, things aren't ready." That appeased me for the time being.

I feel a little shy at this point about doing a reading for others, but am willing to try. Ages ago I had a few clients and had good results but that was then. I always prayed beforehand and asked for the right guidance to come through. It always seemed to work out well. For myself, it didn't work but only because I didn't want to admit what the cards were saying (bad relationship, wrong person). The cards were spot on, though.

Old 11-20-2022, 11:46 AM

5,013 posts, read 10,696,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Can you take a picture next time? Do use use the traditional spread of ten cards or a shorter version. If the traditional I’d love to hear your interpretations of what some of the other cards might indicate. Love also to see any type of spread you may use. Thanks
I did a 10 card traditional Celtic Cross spread. The World covered me and the Nine of Swords crossed me. Judgement was beneath me and The Chariot crowned me. Behind me was the Nine of Wands.

Interestingly, I had a Reiki session yesterday, which not only made me feel better but also seemed to strengthen and open the energy flow between me and the cards.

Old 11-20-2022, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Thank you! I should mention that a few months ago when I was in the throes of wanting to get back to my 'hood (arid climate) I got a strong little voice inside me that said "The time is not right yet, things aren't ready." That appeased me for the time being.

I feel a little shy at this point about doing a reading for others, but am willing to try. Ages ago I had a few clients and had good results but that was then. I always prayed beforehand and asked for the right guidance to come through. It always seemed to work out well. For myself, it didn't work but only because I didn't want to admit what the cards were saying (bad relationship, wrong person). The cards were spot on, though.
Try not to be shy with reading for others, your interpretations are as good as anyone else’s. I learn so much when I hear a different interpretation than what I see. Just like our king of cups/ other man/ choice the other day. Tarot is life long learning. The person hearing the read/interpretation is really the one that gets to figure out if it makes sense or not. Also sometimes it takes a while to manifest. If you feel up to it pull a few cards for me. We’ve just bought a new place that isn’t working out. So loud it’s hard to sleep. We’ve put it back on the market 2.5 weeks after we bought it, it’s that loud. I’d like to know the energy around it and how long we may be stuck.

Old 11-20-2022, 11:58 AM

Will do. Get back with you in a while. Edit: well, I just realized that I don't have my Rider-Waite or Goddess deck with me, just the new Angel Tarot deck which utilizes the archangels. I have the Goddess Tarot app on my phone, which I think will do a celtic cross spread. Is that OK or do you want to pull the cards for the spread and ask for interpretations?

Old 11-20-2022, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
I did a 10 card traditional Celtic Cross spread. The World covered me and the Nine of Swords crossed me. Judgement was beneath me and The Chariot crowned me. Behind me was the Nine of Wands.

Interestingly, I had a Reiki session yesterday, which not only made me feel better but also seemed to strengthen and open the energy flow between me and the cards.
That does sound like a good read.

Old 11-20-2022, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Will do. Get back with you in a while. Edit: well, I just realized that I don't have my Rider-Waite or Goddess deck with me, just the new Angel Tarot deck which utilizes the archangels. I have the Goddess Tarot app on my phone, which I think will do a celtic cross spread. Is that OK or do you want to pull the cards for the spread and ask for interpretations?
Any one you like is fine by me

Old 11-20-2022, 12:47 PM

Hold on, just did the spread, have to get the magnifying glass out to read the cards, app is so tiny Looks interesting. I need to write down the cards in a separate place or I will lose the reading. I took a screenshot but have to figure out the photo sharing. I got rid of the premium on the photoucket app so let's see if I can get it to post.

Old 11-20-2022, 01:03 PM

I phrased your question with all the wording you utilized. Here is the summary:

Card 1: 10 of Pentacles (significator)
Card 2: 4 of Pentacles (cross - challenges)
Card 3: 7 of Cups (strengths)
Card 4: Knight of Pentacles (bottom - need to focus on)
Card 5: 9 of Cups (left - immediate past)
Card 6: 3 of Cups (right - immediate future)
Card 7: 10 of Wands (bottom of column)
Card 8: The High Priestess (querent)
Card 9: Queen of Cups (hopes and fears)
Card 10: Knight of Wands (Outcome)

Cups: 4, including Queen
Wands: 2, including Knight
Pentacles: 3, including Knight
Swords: 0

One Major Arcana: High Priestess
Court Cards: 2 Knights, 1 Queen
Numbered Cards: evenly spread from 3 to 10

I use left (Card 5) as the immediate past, right (Card 6) as the immediate future, Card 9 as hopes and fears, Card 8 as the person in the reading (querent) and Card 7 as the surroundings. I do it a little different based on what's worked for me in the past.

sorry, made some typos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism