Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2023, 10:37 AM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times

Advertisements

Sweet, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2023, 12:37 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Sweet, thanks.
And you know who else considered you a friend, too.

Old 06-07-2023, 12:55 PM

4,295 posts, read 1,554,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
I never suffered substance abuse (except coffee and sugar ) but there has been plenty of suffering and it continues. I had to send my beloved dog over the Rainbow Bridge yesterday and I am absolutely gutted. I believe we will see each other again. A rescue friend told me that her vet long ago said, "you won't need to look for him. He'll find you first." I believe that.
So sorry to read this. The animals we love and share our life with are some of the most precious gifts in life. My own dog is reaching old age now, and we know that day is coming closer. The deal that we're there for their entire life is one we know we make at the start but it makes it no less difficult when it comes into being.

Old 06-07-2023, 02:51 PM

10,990 posts, read 6,857,477 times
Thank you. I knew this time was coming since he was about 13-14 years of age. He got lymphoma and went downhill pretty fast. I'm still in denial and non-acceptance. It's surreal.

Old 06-07-2023, 05:04 PM

3,108 posts, read 1,002,933 times
Something related to the Roman Empire, to the English language and also to India.

When I was a child, 4 or something like that, I started to draw fabulous dresses and women wearing them, draped fabrics/dresses ('toga') on them. At the same age I found a book in the living room's library. A book about yoga postures and the history of yoga. Asanas. I could not read at that age but started to practice the exercises because it had lots of big pictures and I was able to master all of the postures in time. Some I can do even today. My parents found this so so funny and they asked me sometimes to 'perform my yoga' in front of relatives and friends of the family. They say that I looked like a pretzel.

Later when I was 20 or 21 (I forgot) I got drunk twice (the only times when I drank whisky) and I started to speak in perfect English. While being drunk. My brother and friends found this very weird, funny, strange etc. It was indeed unusual to say the least. I didn't know English at the time, I only had some notions of it. But...when I was 7 and went to school, my school offered 2 foreign languages. Actually it was mandatory to study 2 foreign languages during that time in school. I had to start with French in second grade and German in 5th grade. And I got upset in second grade because I wanted to study English, not French. But the English language was not offered in my school, it was not offered at all there, ever.

Later, at 23 I was able to read in English (self taught) and I came across some books about saints, yogis, avatars, Hinduism etc. I found it easier to start praying, using positive affirmations, singing etc in English. I don't know why. Also, Indian cuisine, smells, clothing, music, fabrics etc...are my favorite.

Probably this is something that comes from past incarnations. And I have unusual dreams sometimes but I prefer to keep them private. When I visited Ephesus in Turkey in '98, I had this very strange feeling that I lived there thousand of years ago, it was all very familiar to me. I felt at home there and at peace.

Old 06-10-2023, 02:51 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,467,480 times
Edgar Cayce talked a lot about Atlantis,people whose past life was in Atlantis and Egypt.
indian children sometimes will talk about their past life.

Old 06-10-2023, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farm108 View Post
Something related to the Roman Empire, to the English language and also to India.

When I was a child, 4 or something like that, I started to draw fabulous dresses and women wearing them, draped fabrics/dresses ('toga') on them. At the same age I found a book in the living room's library. A book about yoga postures and the history of yoga. Asanas. I could not read at that age but started to practice the exercises because it had lots of big pictures and I was able to master all of the postures in time. Some I can do even today. My parents found this so so funny and they asked me sometimes to 'perform my yoga' in front of relatives and friends of the family. They say that I looked like a pretzel.

Later when I was 20 or 21 (I forgot) I got drunk twice (the only times when I drank whisky) and I started to speak in perfect English. While being drunk. My brother and friends found this very weird, funny, strange etc. It was indeed unusual to say the least. I didn't know English at the time, I only had some notions of it. But...when I was 7 and went to school, my school offered 2 foreign languages. Actually it was mandatory to study 2 foreign languages during that time in school. I had to start with French in second grade and German in 5th grade. And I got upset in second grade because I wanted to study English, not French. But the English language was not offered in my school, it was not offered at all there, ever.

Later, at 23 I was able to read in English (self taught) and I came across some books about saints, yogis, avatars, Hinduism etc. I found it easier to start praying, using positive affirmations, singing etc. in English. I don't know why. Also, Indian cuisine, smells, clothing, music, fabrics etc... are my favorite.

Probably this is something that comes from past incarnations. And I have unusual dreams sometimes but I prefer to keep them private. When I visited Ephesus in Turkey in '98, I had this very strange feeling that I lived there thousand of years ago, it was all very familiar to me. I felt at home there and at peace.
When I visited my ex husband's country I felt as though I should be able to speak the language, but I couldn't. It was very frustrating. I spent a lot of time crying because I felt like I was home. I feel the same way about India, though not as strongly. I studied Indian music in my 20's and I was very envious of the local Kathak dancers (American) because I felt as though I already knew how to do it, but I absolutely didn't know how and attempting did not come easy...

If you love everything about India you will adore this book by Indu Sundaresan: The Twentieth Wife. The Mogul courts, the life, the harem, the scents, the scenes all come to life in an extremely vivid and satisfying way. I've read it more than once.

Old 06-10-2023, 05:51 PM

3,108 posts, read 1,002,933 times
Quote:
If you love everything about India you will adore this book by Indu Sundaresan: The Twentieth Wife. The Mogul courts, the life, the harem, the scents, the scenes all come to life in an extremely vivid and satisfying way. I've read it more than once.
Thanks!

Old 06-23-2023, 08:17 AM

529 posts, read 181,972 times
Quote:
...what ethnicity, nationality, race, culture do you most resonate with? Top 3?

Mine are: Native American (Southwest where I grew up), Middle East, and East Indian. I would choose Native American if I could be anything else than what I am because of their ancient natural religion and their way of life.

It's a toss-up between Middle Eastern and East Indian because it would be difficult to choose between the two.

The video footage is poor quality but it's such a treat to see people truly living off the land, the animals, the seasons. No artificial anything. Northeastern Arizona. Really beautiful country, multigenerational family life and cooperation, crop growing, sheep herding, rug weaving, wool dyeing, and other activities and customs. I've always felt an affinity for the Southwest Natives.

https://youtu.be/OqurstPL6kI

Merry Meet pathrunner and thanks for your question. I have a strange way of looking at reincarnation because of science and religion. From a scientific point of view the matter of Earth has always been here since our planet has formed. Living things from the past have died and decayed to bring new life to be recycled from. We are new creatures that emerged from materials that been here since the universe was formed! I think that is pretty awesome to know we were here long before our Earth was ever created from the recycled matter we are made from.

This is in line with Wicca and one of my favorite sayings is the recycling of trees. "The leaves from the trees die in winters slumber but fear not, for in the spring, they become fertilizer for new trees to emerge, to bring new leaves from the past to live again!" The constant recycling of Earth and Nature, of life and death can be sad, but hopeful too, because we never really die, we just slumber until it is our time to awaken into something new and wonderful again!

I have many mixtures of race within my being, but the top 3 races I really identify with are: Irish, Spaniard, and Native American. I get my Celtic witchcraft and Protestant Christianity from my Irish side, my Catholicism from my Spaniard side, and my folk Magick Shamanism from my Native American side. I really love the different cultures that are part of my ancestry, it makes me feel connected to all the people of Earth and their beautiful cultures of life

A Native American tribe came to my work several years ago and I rushed to see them perform their drum ceremony. Oh the beating of the drums was so intense, you Could feel the drums pound through your heart. It was that intense and I was in Heavenly bliss as they pounded on their drums and sang! It was kind of funny though, because I felt like someone was nervous in the crowd and it distracted me for a moment. When I scanned the crowd to see who was nervous, I noticed that our senior vice president had such an uncomfortable and worried on his face and it made me sad. That he couldn't enjoy this beautiful and sacred moment I will always treasure on this Magickal day.

I have vague memories from ancient past of Egypt from thousands of Years ago where I was a hemet-netjer priestess. I loved how our buildings were created to allow the heat to escape like a crude air condition system. Our family hanged wet towels to help cool our home when the wind passed through. I also remember being a knight in medieval times that loved to joust in competitions and I died in battle later on. I remember being a witch in New England but it wasn't Salem Massachusetts, it was somewhere else in America. I was a midwife, and a healer that used roots and plants for medicinal purposes and very opinionated which was frowned upon by my peers, lol. During the first frost of Fall the community that did not like opinionated females at the time accused me of witchcraft and hung me from a tree. I died from asphyxiation but the good news is that it didn't deter me from being an opinionated female in this lifetime lol. I remember being dunked in water for some strange reason? Maybe it was to make me confess being a witch? Anyway lol, an amazing thing came out of that unfortunate memory. I am able to hold my breath for up to 5 minutes and 30 seconds under water in my current lifetime, I'm not sure what good it did for me, but in my teens it was fun to have the lifeguards try and rescue me!

The last memory I remember having was being a soldier in Vietnam and some type of rocket or another helicopter or plane crashed into our helicopter instantly killing all of us. I wish I could have memories of living a nice long life and peacefully dying at an old age from my previous lives, but those were the cards I was dealt with ha-ha, so I hope it helps me enjoy the life I'm living now!

There is one strange thing about my reincarnation feeling though. This is the last time I am going to be alive on this Earth. When it is my time to cross over, I'm never coming back here, so I'm living this life as if it is my last with every drop it has to offer me in total bliss! It's strange, because I will be crossing over through the light when it's my time to go, and I'll finally see what Heaven/Summerland/Happy hunting ground is really like. To be at one with my Divine, to finally be able to go home, and be at peace, but until that time comes, I am so happy to be here with you!

Last edited by High.priestess.Sarah; 06-23-2023 at 08:34 AM.. Reason: Left out words and bad spells, I mean speller ;)

Old 06-23-2023, 08:23 AM

Great post and my immediate reaction is that Heaven does include our animals that have crossed over. I recently lost one of my beloved dogs, and it is my fervent wish to see him again. He was a very special soul who endured a lot in his early years, and lived with me and his alpha for almost 11 years. Words cannot express how much I love that dog. He was so calm and loving, and taught me a lot about surviving abuse. I used to research my past lives but haven't for several decades. The ones I am aware of are also difficult, like yours. Those are the ones that teach us the most. My current life is no exception. There has been a lot of suffering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism