Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2013, 08:01 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times

Advertisements

I love how these things start off with a preacher standing in in front of an old spooky looking house.

Are we falling back under the spell of witches? Church minister warns of alarming number of locals who have been victims of witchcraft | Mail Online

Again I have to wonder where they get this crap!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 11:01 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,672,460 times
The guy has voodoo dolls and poppets confused.
Poking pins into it's heart? I've never come across anything for a poppet like that. The only pin on a poppet is a safety pin for a ribbon or paper.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:30 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
The guy has voodoo dolls and poppets confused.
Poking pins into it's heart? I've never come across anything for a poppet like that. The only pin on a poppet is a safety pin for a ribbon or paper.

I wonder if he makes this stuff up as he goes along or wrties it down first.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:49 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times
Well look at all the scary movies Hollywood is making with evil witches and sorcerers doing absolutely impossible, but terribly evil, things.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:56 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,391,755 times
There is an interesting documentary about witch hunting and children in Nigeria by the BBC called "Saving Africa's Witch Children". You should check it out if you get the chance. It is still a terrible practice that endures through much of Africa, and the Middle East.

Sadly in some places governments even give this behavior sanction. "Witchcraft and sorcery" are capital crimes in places like Saudi Arabia and people are executed for it.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:09 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Well look at all the scary movies Hollywood is making with evil witches and sorcerers doing absolutely impossible, but terribly evil, things.
But who'd buy a ticket for someone sitting with a candle and no flashing lights, no wierd sounds, no evil doings?

Jag had an episode where the female part of the team 'infiltrated' a coven suspected of doing neferious deeds. They were identified as Wiccan. She found ordinary people and a leader who was lost in a power trip. They took him down and the rest went on with real life and back to how its supposed to be practiced. But if your selling movies, the flash and evil scary things sell a lot more tickets.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:26 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,760,432 times
Did you hear that a woman in Papaue New Guines was burned a a witch for supposedly using sorcery to kill a neighbor boy?

Papua New Guinea 'witch' murder is a reminder of our gruesome past | Richard Sugg | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Old 02-26-2013, 01:27 AM

562 posts, read 989,308 times
I have a hard time believing there are so few self-identified Pagans in Wales. I understand that not all Pagans associate with the label 'witch' but still...and he thinks that number is alarming? I have to laugh, wave my hand and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism