Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 04:23 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times

Advertisements

The main piece of advice I have is to move the potty into the bathroom. She needs to associate pottys with bathrooms. I think she probably totally "gets" what she is supposed to do. But kids know how to pull our chains. The trick is not to let them know they are doing it and making us nuts. That only gives them ammunition.

(And "gross" is when child #1 throws his diaper on the floor and child #2 steps in it and walks across the floor. Another reason to put the potty in the bathroom. Easier cleanup.)

You sound stressed. Take a deep breath.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:38 PM

412 posts, read 1,229,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
So I'm still trying to potty train my 2 1/2 year old girl. She is actually almost 2 yrs and 8 months. She is not getting it. I keep a potty in the living room. She took off her diaper and proceeded to poop on my hardwood floor. The potty was a foot away from her. Now she has started taking off her diaper whenever she poos and throws the diaper on the ground. I know gross!!!!
I also have an 8 month old and a 7 year old. I don't know what to do anymore. She pees IF I put her on the potty if not she pees on the floor/diaper. I have tried big girl underwear stickers you name it. She does NOT recognize the urge to go. Now this new thing of taking off her dirty diaper has really thrown me for a loop.
Please don't judge me just help please.

Thanks in advance
LOL I'll take dealing with teenagers over potty training a 2 yr old any day Glad mine are past that stage!

It sounds like she is showing some signs of recognizing the urge to go if she is taking off the diaper before using the bathroom. That means she knows it's coming. Also the fact that she is taking off the diaper when there is poop in it means that she recognizes the poop is there and wants it off of her. Good signs that she is on her way to being potty trained.

The only way I was able to potty train my kids was to just go ahead and put them in actual underwear (during the day) when they started showing signs of being "ready". It entailed plenty of accidents and cleanup, but it seemed to work the best because they actually "felt" the wetness and the mess in their underwear and clothes.

It is going to take several weeks for her to become fully potty trained so patience is key. Potty training is such a long slow process.

I agree with the parent that said put the potty in the bathroom. I also agree with everyone that spanking is a bad idea.

Be glad you have hardwoods...could you imagine that mess in carpet?

Old 06-25-2010, 04:53 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,865,844 times
Quote:
She could end up with a UTI. I would never ever put the diaper back on her that is just gross.
You would think it's common sense by now that you don't leave a kid in a dirty diaper for any longer than necessary, never mind placing a dirty one on them. I guess we know which household finds skid marks in the panties to be acceptable also.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:36 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,921,959 times
Quote:
She will be 3 yrs 10 months when entering kindergarten. In Canada you have to turn 4 by dec of that same school year to enter.
You must be in Ontario, as that is not true of other Provinces. The 4 year old is in Junior Kindergarten in Ontario. In other provinces children have to be 5 for Kindergarten. Your Junior Kindergarten is like preKindergarten in the US. Most US kids go to private preKs though as many public schools do not offer them.

Dorothy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting