Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 02:08 PM

4,386 posts, read 4,239,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Your last question reminds me of this:

Dihydrogen Monoxide Research Division - dihydrogen monoxide info

I don't think it's harmless per se. But I do believe that some of you are being overly dramatic about it. I have said the teens should be charged accordingly.

So what's the problem?
I suppose my problem has been that you have been avoiding my questions. I will agree to disagree with you on this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 02:28 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,791,992 times
Hey everyone, party at Margritte's house! Back yard, bring your tents! Don't forget to pound on her back door to let her know you've arrived. Don't worry about the whole trespassing on private property thing, she doesn't recognize it as a crime.

Be there or be square. Party on, doods!

Old 07-24-2010, 02:56 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
It's legal to carry guns in my state, but residents aren't known for being heavy castle protecters. Maybe the residents of your state are more volatile.
I don't think it's a matter of being volatile. (When I lived in L.A. I heard gunshots every single night. Have yet to hear one here. People have weapons here but they aren't out there firing them willy-nilly.) People here are very laid back and peaceable. It IS a matter of people out here being major league "castle protectors". The family, the land and the animals are paramount and do go messin' with 'em if it ain't your property.

That said I can't imagine charges would be filed against the homeowner where I live. They'd probably give him a medal. And if the parents of the teenagers sued the homeowner they'd be laughed out of court by the members of the jury.

Old 07-24-2010, 03:03 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
I suppose my problem has been that you have been avoiding my questions. I will agree to disagree with you on this one.

I answered it:

Quote:
don't think it's harmless per se. But I do believe that some of you are being overly dramatic about it. I have said the teens should be charged accordingly.

Old 07-24-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Hey everyone, party at Margritte's house! Back yard, bring your tents! Don't forget to pound on her back door to let her know you've arrived. Don't worry about the whole trespassing on private property thing, she doesn't recognize it as a crime.

Be there or be square. Party on, doods!

Are you a writer?

LOL

SHE does recognize that what the teens did was illegal that is why SHE said that the teens should be charged. SHE doesn't believe that the simple act of knocking on a door constitutes a crime though.

Old 07-24-2010, 05:37 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,620,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
,,,,SHE doesn't believe that the simple act of knocking on a door constitutes a crime though.
Repeated harrassment is a crime.

Old 07-24-2010, 06:18 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,791,992 times
And, knocking on a door for the express purpose of harrassing someone (as opposed to actually wanting to speak with whoever answered the door), is, indeed, a crime.

Old 07-24-2010, 07:11 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,839 times
Someone pounds on the back door of my house I respond first with the rack of my shotgun next with the trigger pull.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:55 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,694,619 times
Nobody has any business at the back door of anyone's house at 10:30 at night, and you can't pound on the door without trespassing to begin with, so no matter how you cut it, those boys are criminals.

At 14 years old, they shouldn't have been out running around a neighborhood anyway. It's good the homeowner caught one of them. It's good he called police.

The little punk is lucky to still have teeth since he threatened the homeowner's life (another crime) and had a filthy mouth concerning the man's wife.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:33 AM

A person simply knocking on a door is NOT trespassing. That is just ridiculous. And yes, there ARE valid reasons that a person might show up at someone's door that late. Use your imagination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting