Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 04:23 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,192,510 times

Advertisements

I have been working for 2 separate families lately and both women(mid 30s) are stay at home Moms. I walk into their 500-600k houses and am repulsed by at least a dozen loads of dirty laundry piled everywhere in a house that is filthy and stinks. Yes these are women whose husbands work at least 80 hours a week, one out of state to make the bucks, and then he comes home and has to mow and garden (or asks me to do it) . Sure the friends defend the wife saying she takes care of the kids" (all in school full time) and she does the books( NO! quickbooks does that!) Yet, hubby is on the hook for the mortgage and 20k a year property taxes

Sorry this pisses me off. I firmly believe that if one person is off slaying dragons and making the bucks then the other party should take care of EVERYTHING! I don't think I'm chauvinistic but I DO compare all people to my own actions. I sold my store and decided to stay home and yet continued to take care of all meals, cleaning, maintenance of cars and home, all yardwork and paid for it all too since I sold my business. Yep, mtg pmt and car pmts too.

Oh well, maybe I'll just find a sucker in my next life that will take care of me since I can't mooch in this one. How can people do this???? I'm not saying just women, but I can't stand to see this action and then hear about equal rights. The leecehes make us great ones look bad!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 04:26 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanstone1 View Post
I have been working for 2 separate families lately and both women(mid 30s) are stay at home Moms. I walk into their 500-600k houses and am repulsed by at least a dozen loads of dirty laundry piled everywhere in a house that is filthy and stinks. Yes these are women whose husbands work at least 80 hours a week, one out of state to make the bucks, and then he comes home and has to mow and garden (or asks me to do it) . Sure the friends defend the wife saying she takes care of the kids" (all in school full time) and she does the books( NO! quickbooks does that!) Yet, hubby is on the hook for the mortgage and 20k a year property taxes

Sorry this pisses me off. I firmly believe that if one person is off slaying dragons and making the bucks then the other party should take care of EVERYTHING! I don't think I'm chauvinistic but I DO compare all people to my own actions. I sold my store and decided to stay home and yet continued to take care of all meals, cleaning, maintenance of cars and home, all yardwork and paid for it all too since I sold my business. Yep, mtg pmt and car pmts too.

Oh well, maybe I'll just find a sucker in my next life that will take care of me since I can't mooch in this one. How can people do this???? I'm not saying just women, but I can't stand to see this action and then hear about equal rights. The leecehes make us great ones look bad!

hmmmm...just wondering why it bothers you so much? You live your life and let them live theirs

I mean, it wouldn't be my lifestyle choice either, but to be "pissed off" that it is other peoples choice seems like a lot of wasted energy.

Old 09-30-2010, 04:47 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,672,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
hmmmm...just wondering why it bothers you so much? You live your life and let them live theirs

I mean, it wouldn't be my lifestyle choice either, but to be "pissed off" that it is other peoples choice seems like a lot of wasted energy.

I have to agree with this..I mean, if these women weren`t slobs, then you wouldn`t have a job!

Old 09-30-2010, 04:58 PM

661 posts, read 1,251,535 times
That was me and my Ex (the busy stay at home)! Then at 50 she wasn't happy anymore, left and in my jurisdiction was able to get half of everything. Ah sweet justice.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:03 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,338,144 times
Why does it bother you so much? If the husband's are not happy with the way their wives take care of their homes let them deal with it.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:11 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,306,422 times
I'm not sure why you are so angry? Around where I live, that arrangement is quite common. I know it sounds as if these women are living the life (and in many respects they are) but many of them also spend unusually long amounts of time at home alone, while their husbands are away on business. That business, as much as it's paying for her luxuries, is not all hard work but also dinners, drinks with clients in Paris, Hong Kong or where-ever.

What I'm saying is that it's none of your business and you shouldn't feel sorry for these men because they want this lifestyle too.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:44 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,798 times
Some people are slobs and some people aren't. It's hardly a "new age" phenomenon, I've always known plenty of stay at home moms who are lousy housekeepers while others are off-the-chart anal rententive.

What's interesting to me about your post is that you've assigned importance to the value of their home, as if that makes a difference somehow.

Old 09-30-2010, 07:39 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,565,415 times
Quote:
Is this comment about equal rights, you sound resentful

Women in previous generations took a more traditional role. They were hardly considered leeches then or today.

Thats not to say their homes were spotless and ready for a photo shoot. Women struggled for equal right so they had options and didn't have to be a slave to their homes and have some earning power.

Old 09-30-2010, 07:44 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,728,231 times
Quote:

You're just jealous of those lucky ladies

Old 09-30-2010, 07:54 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,559,216 times
I don't know, I can kind of see where the OP is coming from. Women like this make it hard for the rest of us to overcome the "gold digger" label. They don't have to work and their kids are in school all day yet they whine like it's so hard.

I've known women like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting