Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 04:06 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,110,026 times

Advertisements

My tongue hurts

Old 12-03-2010, 04:48 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
So - if an alcoholic brings her toddler to an AA meeting, and the alcoholic is eating peanutbutter cups and the daughter is allergic to epipens, will the church blow up?

Old 12-03-2010, 06:50 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
So - if an alcoholic brings her toddler to an AA meeting, and the alcoholic is eating peanutbutter cups and the daughter is allergic to epipens, will the church blow up?
Not if the meeting's at the American Legion.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:11 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KylieEve View Post
All this mention of strawberry shortcake....never really cared for it but I could sure use a nice cold drink right about now I am soooo thirsty.
This is one of the most evil posts I've read on the internet!

This is a thread about AA, and you're taunting people with being thirsty for alcohol!

It's NOT funny. You're being downright mean. Period

Old 12-03-2010, 08:30 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,916,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
This is one of the most evil posts I've read on the internet!

This is a thread about AA, and you're taunting people with being thirsty for alcohol!

It's NOT funny. You're being downright mean. Period
ITA. It's totally fine that the last couple of pages in this thread are pretty light-hearted, but making a joke at the expense of someone else isn't funny or cute.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:11 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
ITA. It's totally fine that the last couple of pages in this thread are pretty light-hearted, but making a joke at the expense of someone else isn't funny or cute.
This. I can't even fathom that someone would even -think- to post something like that in a thread like this, and not realize how hurtful it is. Unless someone was really really REALLY insensitive, obtuse, and just - not all that talented with the whole "conscious thought" thing. But that would be a hypothetical, and doesn't necessarily apply to anyone here.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:11 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,835,660 times
Quote:
This is probably the funniest sentence I've read all day. And let me tell you, I have had a comical day.

Old 12-04-2010, 06:16 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,336,683 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Several years ago I sat in on some Peanut Allergy Anonymous meetings. Those people bared their souls. I heard things that still haunt me.

You know they introduce themselves by holding up their epi-pens and saying, "Hi. My name is Hates Planters and I have a peanut allergy." Believe me. You do NOT want to bring your children to those meetings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Dear Santa,

maciesmom and I have both have a very tough year. We cheer for teams that do not deserve us. So we have a true Sisterhood. She may be drinking cranberry juice because that she <<wink, wink>> is making multiple trips to the loo. I feel responsibe for her unforunate mishap. (The spilling thing... not the reason she is slugging down all that cranberry juice.) My excuse is, well, I have no excuse.

Please bring her a new keyboard. Please bring me a new quarterback. Actually it would be best if he was not new. I already have three new ones and they are causing me to drink cranberry juice.

Thank you.

DewDropInn

p.s. Has anybody ever told you that red is your color? Yes, I am willing to butter you up with a non-peanuty spread because I also need a couple of really good running backs.

p.p.s. A week from Monday maciesmom and I may not be speaking. So please get her that keyboard before I change my mind about being so charitable.

Love, Dew

In case anyone else is reading this thread the posters above started it. They find it perfectly acceptable to ridicule, mock and make sarcastic comments about my son's severe peanut allergy and the fact that he needs an epipen. They think they are being so clever. It is also acceptable to make references to shortcake and a thread that was made 6 months ago once again mocking me.
However, all the references to peanuts are perfectly acceptable and even funny. On a board made up of 99% parents and 1% non-parents making fun of children is OK!!!!Yet I'm just supposed to sit back and let certain adult bullies mock away....A mother defends their child.
All I ever said in this thread was that children should be taken to meetings as a last resort as did many others. Apparently the people who go to aa meetings on this thread could not handle the fact that someone has that opinion and are so defensive....that is all have a nice day.
No one is even going to care about anything I've written here because certain people have decided to gang up on me. That is fine. I should have used a certain feature of this website a long time ago.

Last edited by KylieEve; 12-04-2010 at 06:30 AM..

Old 12-04-2010, 07:27 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,835,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KylieEve View Post
In case anyone else is reading this thread the posters above started it. They find it perfectly acceptable to ridicule, mock and make sarcastic comments about my son's severe peanut allergy and the fact that he needs an epipen. They think they are being so clever. It is also acceptable to make references to shortcake and a thread that was made 6 months ago once again mocking me.
However, all the references to peanuts are perfectly acceptable and even funny. On a board made up of 99% parents and 1% non-parents making fun of children is OK!!!!Yet I'm just supposed to sit back and let certain adult bullies mock away....A mother defends their child.
All I ever said in this thread was that children should be taken to meetings as a last resort as did many others. Apparently the people who go to aa meetings on this thread could not handle the fact that someone has that opinion and are so defensive....that is all have a nice day.
No one is even going to care about anything I've written here because certain people have decided to gang up on me. That is fine. I should have used a certain feature of this website a long time ago.

It seems that every post you participate ends in this. Why don't you just stop posting if you have such an issue with everyone.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:13 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,336,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
It seems that every post you participate ends in this. Why don't you just stop posting if you have such an issue with everyone.

I'll post anywhere I want to post. Thank you very much. You are not allowed to dictate what I can and cannot do. I do not have an issue with everyone just a very small minority. Going forward the small minority will no longer be an issue anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting