Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 08:32 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,371,358 times

Advertisements

My kids start Aug. 22. That leaves 10 days. I think I can make it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2007, 03:35 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
This is the first year I am torn about school starting. Normally I am counting the days until it starts but not this year so much.

We had hoped to move this summer and thus be in a new school district and it doesn't look like that will happen. I am tired of dealing with the particular school my sons attend, tied of the school counselor that thinks she runs the school, and the inept teachers that know nothing or care less for the needs of special needs children. I DREAD signing them up here in the next couple of weeks.

Yes, it will be much quieter during the day (I will have one child home still). I won't have to spend my days getting kids on task, stopping arguments, trying to find where everyone disappeared to when it is too quiet, etc. BUT, I will have to deal with unhappy kids with way too much homework, trying to remember how to help them with math I did 35 yrs. ago, drive them up and down the hill to the bus, have to push them every evening to get their chores, showers, and homework done and still get to bed early, attend parent teacher conferences, meetings, 504 meetings etc., and all the crap that goes with it all. I am just not ready for it all...

Old 08-12-2007, 03:44 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
Ohhhh...I for got to mention. School starting for me means Fall. Fall means Winter is coming and I do not like Winter at all, so that doesn't help me not wanting school to start!

Old 08-12-2007, 04:35 PM

1,047 posts, read 3,990,060 times
love school,love fall,love early bedtime,love schedules and routine,love soccer!Love the kids,but these rambling days of drifting through any activity to fill the day is getting old.Any day with one less mealtime at home is a good one!I write this as my kids are fighting in the family room,yelling and wrestling.The house is being destroyed yet again.And I'm fairly good at maintaining control,but I am reaching my max!TV anyone?

Old 08-12-2007, 05:40 PM

550 posts, read 2,825,849 times
Last night I stayed up until 3am enjoying the time to myself! It is so worth it today being tired, I think I will do it again tonight.

We went to the pool today. My middle son was goofing off, swallowed too much water, thought about the gross discussions he and his brothers have been having about the spit, hair and other gunk in the pool and promptly threw up his lunch......the pool had to be evacuated for 20 minutes.

Can't wait to see what is next!!

Old 08-13-2007, 05:16 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,805,176 times
Oh I am so ready. I have had everything ready since July. It is so hard juggling work, trying to keep the kids busy when they are not at work. They have gone to camp 2-3 days a week. But this last weekend was hell. I brought them to our camper in PA with two of their friends. Well the friends were fine all weekend but my 7 year old was horrendous. He was non stop bugging, hitting, shouting, almost stood up on a water park ski lift. Just horrendous. We came home and they have no tv now, no stereo, and if they get worse, no computer or gameboy.

Next week we are off to UK for 8 days. Then when we come back, they go back to school a day later.

School i s a wonderful thing. I say they have way to much time off.
dorothy

Old 08-13-2007, 07:15 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,160,511 times
I was dreading school shopping for a minute. I have a soon to be 18 y.o.. Started seeing the school buses out on the road and thought "Yeah schools starting".
:{ Looked over at my son in passengers seat...........and realized : {{{{ EEEEKKKK He's out of school !!!

Please send help !!!! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting