Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 08:36 PM

433 posts, read 1,370,647 times

Advertisements

There's seriously no limit to how incredibly stupid people are. These kind even show up at the dollar store that I work at. A woman comes in the store with her baby in the stroller, and while I'm at the cash she asks me if she could leave her baby by the door while she goes and shops...

Seriously?? Does she not know what could happen or did she think we would babysit for her? Even if she was going to get 1 or a few things quickly, I don't think that's such a good idea. Then again, I've never been a parent so maybe I'm wrong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 08:39 PM

1,204 posts, read 2,528,359 times
I personally would NEVER ask a person working at a store to watch my child. They are not daycare.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:43 PM

18,478 posts, read 31,656,752 times
I would have looked at her and said in my Brooklyn attitude....

Your kidding? ...................right?

Old 08-17-2011, 08:44 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,776,400 times
Because she hatched the child doesn't mean that she has the ability to care for the child. As Ron White says "You can't fix stupid".

Old 08-17-2011, 09:07 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times
No, you aren't wrong. That was idiotic of her. I worked at a museum for a summer in college. It had a kid's area, but was not a kids museum. Someone left her kids there unattended for an entire day. Literally, the kids were there from 9am-5pm with no parent. The security guard ended up watching them all day

Old 08-18-2011, 06:45 AM

2,727 posts, read 6,156,263 times
People are idiots, plain and simple. It is NOT a store (or laundromat or wherever) employee's job to watch someone's child.

I stand by my saying that people should have to pass a test before they can have children.

I will post my favoite line from teh movie Parenthood:

"You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any b***-r****** a****** be a father."

Of course in this case it's mother, sbut still...........................

Old 08-18-2011, 08:09 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,399,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
No, you aren't wrong. That was idiotic of her. I worked at a museum for a summer in college. It had a kid's area, but was not a kids museum. Someone left her kids there unattended for an entire day. Literally, the kids were there from 9am-5pm with no parent. The security guard ended up watching them all day
The website "Acts of Gord" has a pretty amazing story about how some woman dropped her two little kids off at the game store, and thoughts she was just going to leave them there all day while she went to work. He ended up getting the woman's name from the kids, then called her at work. Said that if she didn't come pick the kids up within half an hour, he was calling CPS. You can guess that she got there and picked them up in quite a huff.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:31 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,711,708 times
What's that old saying..."You can't fix stupid"...that seems to apply to a lot of people.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:35 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,118,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
The police should have been called. There is no excuse for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
The website "Acts of Gord" has a pretty amazing story about how some woman dropped her two little kids off at the game store, and thoughts she was just going to leave them there all day while she went to work. He ended up getting the woman's name from the kids, then called her at work. Said that if she didn't come pick the kids up within half an hour, he was calling CPS. You can guess that she got there and picked them up in quite a huff.
No, I would have called the police.

These are not just acts of child endangerment, they are CRIMINAL.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:38 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Stupid and probably arrogant. Let the hired help keep an eye on junior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting