Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2011, 01:59 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,602,856 times

Advertisements

A boy of 11 called a German police emergency line to complain of "forced labour" after his mother told him to help clean the home.

Police say the boy from Aachen, who has not been identified, spoke to an officer via the 110 number.

BBC News - German boy, 11, calls police over housework
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 02:32 AM

1,481 posts, read 3,947,681 times
entitled little snot isn't he?

Old 08-18-2011, 06:20 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
I don't know. I think it's worth of at least checking into. There are cases of abused children being used as household slaves and never being allowed to play. I recall specifically one died. Maybe if she had snuck a phone call to the police, she wouldn't be dead. Seems a shame that the police are just blowing this off. It may be a snotty kid. But it could also be abuse. Can't know for sure until someone looks into it.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:45 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
all his toys need to be thrown away and the kid needed a good smack on the tush.....

Old 08-18-2011, 08:30 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,655,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I don't know. I think it's worth of at least checking into. There are cases of abused children being used as household slaves and never being allowed to play. I recall specifically one died. Maybe if she had snuck a phone call to the police, she wouldn't be dead. Seems a shame that the police are just blowing this off. It may be a snotty kid. But it could also be abuse. Can't know for sure until someone looks into it.
This is what I was thinking - we can't know the true situation. It seems like they took the mom at her word about what occurred, but she may be abusive; it's possible he has truly not had any free time, and she's forced him to work all day.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:59 AM

1,204 posts, read 2,527,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I totally agree with Hopes. This may be a cry for help and to ingore it would IMO be criminal.

I found out from an old neighbor that a boy who lived 2 doors down from us, who is going into 3rd grade this year keeps running away from home. Once it was in the middle of the night and the police picked him up miles from home. They brought him home. Just a week or so ago, he snuck out the garage in the early morning and a teacher at his school saw him and brought him home. My thing is, from what the oldest daughter told me when we lived there, their Mom is quite abusive both verbally and physically. CPS was called when last year the boy told his teacher his mom punched him when the teacher inquired about a black eye he had. Unfortunatley this was a lie cuz another neighbor saw him fall and saw the mark on his eye forming, so nothing was done. My thing is, why aren't the police or school officals questioning why he keeps running away? It would seem someones lightbulb would go off and they would start asking questions.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:11 AM

1,594 posts, read 3,057,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
all his toys need to be thrown away and the kid needed a good smack on the tush.....
Can't do that either, the kid will call 911 and the parents will be carted away.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:14 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramirez2012 View Post
Can't do that either, the kid will call 911 and the parents will be carted away.

oh trust me you can, just ask my mother.

Old 08-20-2011, 10:24 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,929,178 times
Ever think that this child was given way to many chores to do and being abused? there are parents that do abuse their kids and have them do things they are not physically able to handle or it interfears with their schooling.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:57 AM

934 posts, read 1,939,062 times
No, actually I didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting