Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2011, 02:38 PM

1,492 posts, read 3,232,730 times

Advertisements

Time for a lite inconsequential thread.

What do your kids wear to sleep in.

When I was a lad (ah don't you just love reminiscing about the past) we all wore matching top and bottom pyjamas. In summer short pant and short sleeve and in winter long flannelette pjs. In summer the girls wore short nighties and in winter often the same long pant style pjs as the boys.

Now it seems much greater range and the matching PJ sets are out of fashion.

Do your kids wear undies to sleep in?

And while we are at it, bedding. Do your kids sleep with sheets and blankets or just a doonah?

Old 12-12-2011, 02:45 PM

2,272 posts, read 6,667,294 times
Don't know what a "doonah" is. My son wears matching pj's usually but sometimes he argues and wants to wear his clothes to bed -- we pic our battles and acquiesce on that one. DD wears a t-shirt and jammy bottoms usually. They both use sheets, blankets and a comforter or quilt depending on time of year.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:48 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,668,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidxen View Post
Time for a lite inconsequential thread.

What do your kids wear to sleep in.

When I was a lad (ah don't you just love reminiscing about the past) we all wore matching top and bottom pyjamas. In summer short pant and short sleeve and in winter long flannelette pjs. In summer the girls wore short nighties and in winter often the same long pant style pjs as the boys.

Now it seems much greater range and the matching PJ sets are out of fashion.

Do your kids wear undies to sleep in?

And while we are at it, bedding. Do your kids sleep with sheets and blankets or just a doonah?
lol, I had to look up "doonah", to save others the trouble, it's the Aussie word for duvet.

It all depends. The girls who are 2 and 3 tend to wear matching PJ sets or long nightgowns. The 3 year old has also repurposed some of her brothers old shorts and t-shirts for bed time use as well. My son who is 7 has some matching PJ sets, but generally wears flannel PJ bottoms with a t-shirt or sweatshirt. A little while back he got an Army t-shirt and camo nylon shorts and those have become his favorite. Occasionally he will also "Hugh Hefner it" in PJ bottoms and a Spongebob robe. What I find funny with my son is that much like my wife, when he is home he prefers to be in PJ's. Literally, walk in the door, go get changed into PJ's for lounging around the house.

As for the bed coverings, all of my kids are/were "blanket" kids. Only the 3 year old had a blanket attachment, but the rest all have a preferred blanket for sleeping with. In all three cases the preferred blanket for sleeping is a large microfiber comforter. Dora for the 2 year old, Disney Princess for the 3 year old and Mario Brothers for the 7 year old. Their beds all have matching sheet sets and other comforters as well. The 2 year old has Dora, the 3 year old has Spiderman and the 7 year old has a classic sports theme. They have other sets as well, but these are the preferred.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:55 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
My boys used to love to wear their dad's old soft tee shirts

As teens they only wore boxers.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:57 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,158,091 times
matching pajama sets. Both have sheets, a blanket, and a quilt-type bed spread. The 6 yo tends to pull up the blanket and push the sheet down with his feet.

Old 12-12-2011, 03:54 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,969,244 times
In the summer I'll wear a pair of my soccer shorts and a t-shirt.
In the fall/winter I'll wear sweat pants, sometimes actual PJ pants and a t-shirt.

I have a sheet set and a comforter. Usually I have a blanket between my sheets and comforter but its not on right now.

My brother usually just does boxers.

Old 12-12-2011, 04:04 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,914,577 times
Jammy bottoms and a t-shirt (or sweatshirt when it's cold) usually. My kiddos outgrew the matching sets at about age six or so.

All of mine have sheets and a comforter on their bed... and a tie blanket they sleep with.

Old 12-12-2011, 04:20 PM

758 posts, read 1,871,641 times
My 3yo will only wear his undies to bed, my 6yo will wear a set of matching pj shorts and shirt, the 13yo wears boxers, and my DD just wears shorts and an old t-shirt.

They all have soft fuzzy blankets.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:06 PM

890 posts, read 1,849,239 times
Our 3yo HATES anything over him, like a sheet or blanket. He didn't even like to be swaddled as an infant. So, he wears long matching PJ's in the cooler months and matching short PJ's in the summer.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:22 PM

831 posts, read 1,582,220 times
Our 13 yo daughter sleeps in big T shirts and yoga pants. As far as I know undies too, LOL. Our 3 yo sleeps in matching PJ tops and bottoms or once in a while a night gown. I just got us all the warmest fleece sheets a few weeks ago. The are so soft and warm!! We all have thin quilts on the beds too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting