Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 02:56 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times

Advertisements

How stupid are these folks?

Worst Parent of the Week: Dad Puts Toddler in Washing Machine and Turns it On | Team Mom - Yahoo! Shine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 03:30 PM

290 posts, read 176,334 times
Pretty stupid.I mean what in their brain could say hey this would be fun...no its not its reckless and idiotic and not something a parent should do..I have never done that to my kids and I would never do so. Gah. Such morons.They will be lucky if CPS doesn't get involved.

Old 05-21-2012, 05:08 PM

885 posts, read 1,882,087 times
Hopefully CPS does get involved. A life with these two idiots is going to be awful.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:30 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,756,808 times
I am probably going to get slammed for this, but here goes...

Yes, the parents made a poor choice - BUT, haven't we all at some point or another made a choice that others would judge us on or something that would accidentally injure our child?

The dad did not throw the child head-first into the machine (as many people have claimed on Yahoo)... he lifted him in there and shut the door and then appeared to try and play with the child through the glass until he realized a second later that water was pouring in. At this point, you can see his panic that his child was in danger (I'm not going to argue that he isn't the one who put his child in danger, but I do not believe he KNEW that he was risking his child's life originally). The panic and hysteria that you can see the parents going through is hard to watch (please don't think I am not acknowledging what the child went through... I am trying to point out that the parents realized what they had done and were very upset - I do not believe they were trying to intentionally hurt the child).

I simply believe that these are average people who made an almost-tragic lapse in judgement.

Bring on the lynch mob

Old 05-21-2012, 08:02 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times

Parenting Fail at a Laundromat - YouTube

What city did this happen in??? Yes it does matter!!

Old 05-21-2012, 08:29 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post

Parenting Fail at a Laundromat - YouTube

What city did this happen in??? Yes it does matter!!
why?

Old 05-21-2012, 08:42 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
WOW man...VERY freaky...I got goose bumps watching it......I'm thinking those parents will never forgive themselves, and will probably have learned a gooood lesson in life...you gotta admit...they looked FRANTIC!!!

Old 05-22-2012, 07:20 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinerose View Post
Yes, the parents made a poor choice - BUT, haven't we all at some point or another made a choice that others would judge us on or something that would accidentally injure our child?
Nope. This goes beyond that.
Unless that laundromat provides its services for free, this was not just random. They had to put money in there for it to lock, spin and fill with water.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:57 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,752,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Nope. This goes beyond that.
Unless that laundromat provides its services for free, this was not just random. They had to put money in there for it to lock, spin and fill with water.
Agreed. I hope the police find these parents and arrest them for child endangerment. Sorry but these parents HAD TO KNOW BETTER. If I was the laundromat attendent I would have called the cops and had them arrested on the stop. I am surprised they didn't.

Sorry I just watched this video and had to stop midway through. My child is three years old and if I even remotely considered doing this, I would pray my husband would have the common sense to b---h slap me for it. Do you know how scared that child must have been? What if there was no attendant nearby to pull the plug???? This goes beyond a simple mistake or lack of judgment.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:59 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinerose View Post
I am probably going to get slammed for this, but here goes...

The dad did not throw the child head-first into the machine (as many people have claimed on Yahoo)... he lifted him in there and shut the door and then appeared to try and play with the child through the glass until he realized a second later that water was pouring in. At this point, you can see his panic that his child was in danger (I'm not going to argue that he isn't the one who put his child in danger, but I do not believe he KNEW that he was risking his child's life originally). The panic and hysteria that you can see the parents going through is hard to watch (please don't think I am not acknowledging what the child went through... I am trying to point out that the parents realized what they had done and were very upset - I do not believe they were trying to intentionally hurt the child).

I simply believe that these are average people who made an almost-tragic lapse in judgement.

Bring on the lynch mob
I agree.

Maybe they originally meant it as a cute joke, then it went wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting