Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 09:07 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The young male may be developed or he may still be a 9 year old mentally and physically...Still what this reminds me of is the story about the little boy...I think he was about 6...touched the butt of a little girl at school- and the cops took the child away in cuffs...I think the adult have issues..and extreme eccentric feminism along with male hate might play a role in this silly crap.
It's kind of an unholy alliance between left-wing male-hatred and right-wing sex-hatred that leads to absurdities like that. Many such cases are catalogued at Ethical Treatment for All Youth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 07:04 PM

1,436 posts, read 1,882,662 times
Children mature quicker these days. I've heard of kids as young as 8 and 9 "playing with themself" if you know what I mean.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:22 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,183,374 times
A 13 year old boy who has a bad relationship with his 10 year old step-sister randomly climbs into bed with her one night. Her reaction is fear. What do you think the reason for him climbing into her bed could possibly be? I'm asking the posters who think that people are overreacting over the situation.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
A 13 year old boy who has a bad relationship with his 10 year old step-sister randomly climbs into bed with her one night. Her reaction is fear. What do you think the reason for him climbing into her bed could possibly be? I'm asking the posters who think that people are overreacting over the situation.
Probably the same as what you think it is. Some of us are simply less astonished and taken aback by it than others.

The situation calls for a blunt clarification of the ground rules for the house, nothing more.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:58 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post

The situation calls for a blunt clarification of the ground rules for the house, nothing more.
I'm sorry. 13 year old's know not to climb into the beds of others. Merely telling him that he should stay away from her bed doesn't address the root of the problem: Why did he go there to begin with?

Put him in therapy, until then keep them from being unsupervised together.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Put him in therapy, until then keep them from being unsupervised together.
Therapy for what?

There has to be some pathology present for "therapy" to work on. There doesn't appear to be one in this case.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:43 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,983,545 times
A 13 year old boy should not be in bed with a 10 year old girl. 13 year old boys have a vastly different mindset than 10 year old boys. If the boy was 10 years old then it would not be so much of a problem.

Old 09-22-2012, 05:34 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Therapy for what?

There has to be some pathology present for "therapy" to work on. There doesn't appear to be one in this case.
How can you say that with such authority? You know this kid personally? I'm not saying there is or there isn't. That's for the therapist to suss out.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:14 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,184,501 times
At what age would you draw the line?

Roll the clock ahead two years.... He will be 15 and she will be 12. How about 20 and 17?

Will it still be OK for him to crawl in bed with her? If it's ok now, then it's ok then.

HER bed. it's private.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:55 AM

1,013 posts, read 1,192,709 times
There is no way of knowing his intentions from this post alone, however it is better to be safe than sorry. If she was so upset by this encounter it's possible he did touch her, but she is too scared/confused to admit to the extent of what happened. Maybe she doesn't want to get him in more trouble.

I think this is an opportunity for both children to be taught a lesson in healthy boundaries, & someone should help the girl make a specific plan in case any similar situations happen in the future. She should know to trust her gut if anyone (even family, teachers, etc) make her feel uncomfortable & to seek help from someone she trusts ASAP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting