Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2015, 08:53 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
It has not been shown to be harmful, and millions of people didn't see that it works (at least in some cases) it wouldn't be so common.
It has.

Lots of stupid, evil things are common.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 08:52 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,932,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
black squad who burned to death jessica chambers in panola ms did not get spanked.
And you know this because?

Most black children are spanked more than white children. They haven't caught these murderers yet. Not only that, but they don't have evidence that the killers were black necessarily. Many people think her father may have killed her.

Here is another possibility:
http://gotnews.com/breaking-atf-agen...ambers-murder/

Quote:
“Setting people on fire has been a common signature of both of the latter groups (white motorcycle gangs), and there are cases throughout MS and AL of women both white and black, who were in interracial relationships being assaulted and/or killed in the same way. Those who survived identified White Supremacist types as the assailants. Like Jessica Chambers, there was no sexual assault or theft of property. Vehicles and valuables were not taken. This indicates messaging. Chambers’ killer or killers were sending a message. Either about her being involved with Black men, or possibly to her family members who have a long history of White gang activity and involvement in the meth trade.”

Old 01-19-2015, 08:38 PM

464 posts, read 452,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
black squad who burned to death jessica chambers in panola ms did not get spanked.
Typically there is more of a correlation with abused children ending up violent in adult life than non spanked kids.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:04 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,944,907 times
I don't care if parents spank their kids. Parenting often seems like a competitive sport where everyone wants to pat themselves on the back and condemn others because they do something "better" than other parents. It's human nature I guess.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:11 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,710,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I don't care if parents spank their kids. Parenting often seems like a competitive sport where everyone wants to pat themselves on the back and condemn others because they do something "better" than other parents. It's human nature I guess.
Says someone with Eddie Haskell as a user name....I care if peop,email beat their kids because those kids grow up and we all have to deal with them....

Old 01-24-2015, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Says someone with Eddie Haskell as a user name....I care if peop,email beat their kids because those kids grow up and we all have to deal with them....
Hehe - just the response I was looking for...spank = beat. Who makes that distinction...you? And you deal indirectly or directly with almost every decision other people make...who they vote for, where they work, how much money they make, how many kids, if they smoke, what they eat, how they drive, how much energy they use, etc etc.

If you don't want to deal with others I suggest moving to an uninhabited island in the pacific or perhaps Mars.

Old 01-24-2015, 12:30 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,710,396 times
Quote:
Hehe - just the response I was looking for...spank = beat. Who makes that distinction...you? And you deal indirectly or directly with almost every decision other people make...who they vote for, where they work, how much money they make, how many kids, if they smoke, what they eat, how they drive, how much energy they use, etc etc.

If you don't want to deal with others I suggest moving to an uninhabited island in the pacific or perhaps Mars.
Tell me...how do you 'spank' a child without beating them? You can't....and that isn't discipline.

I want to deal with a society that teaches it's children to be the best they can and to have compassion and empathy to others ....not just pats themselves on the back when they hit those weaker than themselves when they make age appropriate mistakes.

Old 01-24-2015, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Tell me...how do you 'spank' a child without beating them? You can't....and that isn't discipline.
Who are you to make the distinction between "beat" and "spank"? Surely the courts see a distinction because I'm pretty sure every parent accused of spanking hasn't went to prison.

Who are you to decide what discipline is?

Self righteous much?

Quote:
I want to deal with a society that teaches it's children to be the best they can and to have compassion and empathy to others
Why does society have to be what you want so you don't have to deal with what it is?

As Eric said to Cory...life's tough get a helmet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQpTMQCI7Vg

Old 01-25-2015, 03:59 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,358,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungLove21 View Post
Doesn't mean everyone else is abusing their kids!!!!!

So a white lady saw my friend slap her son yesterday, in the train station. Mind you, her son was acting a ass. She decides to follow my friend, and call the cops.So now shes still sitting in central booking waiting to see a judge. I've heard these kind of stories a lot. Like people seriously need to mind their business.

And ACS needs to get their **** straight. Where was ACS and the cops when I used to get my ass WHOOPED? It was unheard of for them to take you away. Matter of fact, everyone I know that got whooped, are doing just fine. There was no such thing as a time out, or standing in the corner. You ****ed around, and you got a fire lit under ya ass!! Now in 2012, you can't even yell at your kids. You have to live in fear of disciplining your child, because ACS might take them away. Then when the kid grows up and wreaks havoc, everyone will say "your mother should've spanked you, when you were smaller".

So while we waste time on parents who spank, pluck or smack their kid, there really IS a kid out there being abused. But workers are too busy sweating the small stuff.

Just because you don't agree with with a lil pop now and then, doesn't make it wrong. I agree that is you see bruising, blood, broken bones etc, THEN call. Everything else, mind your damn business. Nosiness is the quickest way for YOU to get the **** slapped out of YOU.

/end rant. Sry, I was just really freaking mad................................. ....
One important point is you make no distinction between "a lil pop" and "got whooped."
I'd spread the word through "the local gossip grapevine" that if I ever witness with my own eyes or ears a child getting 'whooped' (as you call it) I WILL call the police. Child abuse is everybody's business.

Old 01-25-2015, 04:01 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,358,890 times
Quote:
Who are you to make the distinction between "beat" and "spank"? Surely the courts see a distinction because I'm pretty sure every parent accused of spanking hasn't went to prison.

Who are you to decide what discipline is?

Self righteous much?

Why does society have to be what you want so you don't have to deal with what it is?

As Eric said to Cory...life's tough get a helmet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQpTMQCI7Vg
Well, for starters, if an individual uses a belt, board, or tree branch for the purpose of inflicting pain on someone who cannot defend himself/herself, it is the former. It's not discipline, it's abuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting