Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 09:45 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,680,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
What did you decide to do?

I'm not putting him on child support. All that is going to do is open him up to try and get visitation which I do not want. The less than $200 a month isnt worth it IMO. I am not going to contact him to see her anymore but if he calls and we dont have plans I will allow him to see her. Once she is old enough to talk and tell me whats going on then I will revisit the idea of unsupervised visits. If he goes more than a month without seeing her Im going to change my phone number and erase him from our lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 09:58 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,723,191 times
So despite all the advice you've gotten to the contrary, you're going to do what you were planning on doing anyway.

By the way, if you collected and saved $200/month X 12 months X 17 years, your daughter would have $40,800 (not counting interest) by the time she graduated from high school. It's hard to understand how that's "not worth it" to you.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
So despite all the advice you've gotten to the contrary, you're going to do what you were planning on doing anyway.

By the way, if you collected and saved $200/month X 12 months X 17 years, your daughter would have $40,800 (not counting interest) by the time she graduated from high school. It's hard to understand how that's "not worth it" to you.

I was given advice on both ends. Just because I didnt go with the popular vote doesnt mean I didnt listen to advice.

Is that $200 a month worth my daughter being around people ive never met going places Ive never been and to be subjected to being around drugs. Sure I can tell a judge that I feel its unsafe but come on now we all know he will get granted visitation. Its not worth it. I am my childs advocate. I speak for her since she cant do it herself. And no money will ever be worth her safety. No money will ever be worth my peace of mind to know that my daughter is warm and safe and fed. Have you ever read the stories of evil step parents who abuse the children just because they arent theirs? And the fact that I cant even meet this woman that is supposed to be around my daughter is a red flag. I refuse to be one of the parents who say "I knew I shouldnt have let her go over there but the courts made me" after they find my daughter dead of blunt force trauma. Nope no siree not this kid.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:29 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,726,528 times
as far as im concerned, if you dont pay child support you dont deserve any rights. its disgusting for someone to have a child and then release themselves of any obligations that come with raising that child.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:55 AM

2,814 posts, read 6,875,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
as far as im concerned, if you dont pay child support you dont deserve any rights. its disgusting for someone to have a child and then release themselves of any obligations that come with raising that child.
Sadly, the world is filled with loser parents who have children, but do not take care of them emotionally or financially. It's hard for kids to know that they had a parent who was not interested or caring enough to be there for them.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:58 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,398,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post

Pretty much... It's not like we haven't been down this road before

Should I put him on child support?

Old 10-22-2012, 11:02 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,398,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
I was given advice on both ends. Just because I didnt go with the popular vote doesnt mean I didnt listen to advice.

Is that $200 a month worth my daughter being around people ive never met going places Ive never been and to be subjected to being around drugs. Sure I can tell a judge that I feel its unsafe but come on now we all know he will get granted visitation. Its not worth it. I am my childs advocate. I speak for her since she cant do it herself. And no money will ever be worth her safety. No money will ever be worth my peace of mind to know that my daughter is warm and safe and fed. Have you ever read the stories of evil step parents who abuse the children just because they arent theirs? And the fact that I cant even meet this woman that is supposed to be around my daughter is a red flag. I refuse to be one of the parents who say "I knew I shouldnt have let her go over there but the courts made me" after they find my daughter dead of blunt force trauma. Nope no siree not this kid.
If you felt that strongly about it, why the multiple threads asking for advice about putting him on child support?

I don't think we all (or you) know he will be granted visitation - I'd consult an atty before making that assumption....

Yopu posts are really inconsistant - it's ether "drugs' or harmless , "natural pot... "dead of blunt force trama" - I thought you said he's never hit your daughter (or are you referring to his new girlfriend?)

Old 10-22-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
If you felt that strongly about it, why the multiple threads asking for advice about putting him on child support?

I don't think we all (or you) know he will be granted visitation - I'd consult an atty before making that assumption....

Yopu posts are really inconsistant - it's ether "drugs' or harmless , "natural pot... "dead of blunt force trama" - I thought you said he's never hit your daughter (or are you referring to his new girlfriend?)

I was talking about the girlfriend whom ive never met and refuses to introduce us.

I dont think he would ever hurt her. I dont know this woman. I dont know who she allows in her home. Will they smoke around her because I know they both smoke ciggerettes and weed and my dd has athma. Too many variables that I dont like.

I came here and asked for advice. Im obviously feeling very bad about the fact that my daughter doesnt have a dad and I come here to ask the advice of older more experinaced parents. But honestly besides the few that seem to actually want to help all I ever get are snarky replies about how I should have doesn this or thought of that before. I feel so belittled and put down here because of past posts that ive made in the past. I should just creatre a new profile so maybe I could get some honest non biased opinions. Actually I am going to do that.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:28 AM

2,814 posts, read 6,875,336 times
I would definitely start by taking the photos down of you and your daughter. Protect your privacy on the internet.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
I would definitely start by taking the photos down of you and your daughter. Protect your privacy on the internet.

done
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting