Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 02:25 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
unbelieveable, and the dumb b***h STILL has the phone up against her ear.:confu sed:

people like this make me so angry. I feel like taking the phone, and shoveing it down her throat.
breaking all her teeth
Accidents happen, for everyone, but when your baby's stroller has flipped over, the baby's legs are in the air and eventually spilling out onto the sidewalk, I think most people would agree whoever is on the other end of the call would be entirely ok with you dropping the phone and addressing the more immediate concern. What is even more irksome is after this incident, mom of the year Peaches tweeted her criticism of the mayor of London for allowing such huge potholes (yes I know, the gap in question is probably about 2-3 inches of difference) to exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 02:59 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
Another good reason to put down the cell phone:

Teen steps into rattlesnake nest, bitten six times | www.ajc.com

Old 11-13-2012, 03:41 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
I would love to smack the living daylights out of people like that.
Quote:
I feel like taking the phone, and shoveing it down her throat.
breaking all her teeth
Dude, relax. Have a brownie.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:24 PM

1,436 posts, read 1,883,196 times
Quote:
That is too bad.

I am an adult, and as such I can choose what ever words I want. This is a free country, we have freedom of speech, and I really don't care one way or the other if the word retarded offends you.

I did not, nor intend to, offend you personally, but if reading some of my posts, or the wording I choose offend you, then you can gladly skip over them. I will not change my vocabulary for a poster that means absolutely zero to me.

It's called for consideration for others, which you clearly lack. The word "retarded" should not be taken lightly. I personally take great offense to people who use the word incorrectly as I know someone who takes care of those who mentally challenged , and it's not an easy job.

Based on your post here, I won't go further with you on this as it is off topic.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:07 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris123678 View Post
It's called for consideration for others, which you clearly lack. The word "retarded" should not be taken lightly. I personally take great offense to people who use the word incorrectly as I know someone who takes care of those who mentally challenged , and it's not an easy job.

Based on your post here, I won't go further with you on this as it is off topic.
^^^This. Those of us with children with SN really don't appreciate the use of the word "retarded".

Saying Retarded or Retard is Offensive: Don't Be An Ass | Gurl.com

Old 11-13-2012, 07:09 PM

18,473 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I would venture to guess that many of those calls are probably work related. It's not just for critical work positions anymore. In this day and age, there are many jobs that require near constant connectivity. It says a lot (most of it not good) about our priorities in our culture.

na, I don't buy that.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:11 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
na, I don't buy that.
That's ok, I'm not selling. My own husband had to have a cell phone and be in constant contact when he worked in retail. I have friends from all different types of work environments that have the same onus of connectivity hoisted upon them. It's a fact.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Accidents happen, for everyone, but when your baby's stroller has flipped over, the baby's legs are in the air and eventually spilling out onto the sidewalk, I think most people would agree whoever is on the other end of the call would be entirely ok with you dropping the phone and addressing the more immediate concern. What is even more irksome is after this incident, mom of the year Peaches tweeted her criticism of the mayor of London for allowing such huge potholes (yes I know, the gap in question is probably about 2-3 inches of difference) to exist.

I know I really make a big fuss over the cell phone thing, but this time her baby was lucky. Seriously, I can't even imagine how while this was happening to her, she didn't even flich enough for the cell to fall to the ground, let alone her even thinking about a phone, while her baby was hitting the pavement. I just cannot phathom that.

this isn't a joke, I don't get people today.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
That's ok, I'm not selling. My own husband had to have a cell phone and be in constant contact when he worked in retail. I have friends from all different types of work environments that have the same onus of connectivity hoisted upon them. It's a fact.
I am not doubting that, I am sure you are right.

But, logic would tell me, that if I was crossing a busy street with my children that are toddlers and my phone rang, my children's safety is more of a concern for me than my ( insert laugh here) cell phone ringing. That's what messages are for. A message is left when it isnt 100 percent convenient for me to answer my phone, job related or not, my childs safety comes first, not a phone call from my job. They will survive for a while.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:12 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,921,959 times
Quote:
That is too bad.

I am an adult, and as such I can choose what ever words I want. This is a free country, we have freedom of speech, and I really don't care one way or the other if the word retarded offends you.

I did not, nor intend to, offend you personally, but if reading some of my posts, or the wording I choose offend you, then you can gladly skip over them. I will not change my vocabulary for a poster that means absolutely zero to me.
This young man who happens to have Down Syndrome is a better adult than you are.

An Open Letter to Ann Coulter | The World of Special Olympics

To paraphrase:

Dear Nightcrawler:

Using the word retarded to belittle someone is simply wrong

You and society need to learn that being compared to people with special needs should be considered a badge of honor.

No one overcomes more than they do and still love life so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting