Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 02:04 PM

102,232 posts, read 108,040,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHaer View Post
I go the gym 3 times a week and by the time I get home at 9 PM, I'm exhausted. I also help a friend in her charity institution once a week.

Besides, the women I'm seeing are not paid. They have their own lives too and it's not always easy to plan something during a weekday.
Is there a reason you have partial custody of the child now? Maybe you're not ready for that. Maybe you should opt out of that for now. Just a thought.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:11 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,233,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
No one's talking about a life of celibacy. Just a bit of decorum and common sense and decency while in charge of an anxious, excitable little boy who yearns for his father's attention and presence in his life.
I get where the OP is coming from though, as I am dating a single mom and I made if very clear that I did not want to get used to having nothing buy rushed lunch time quickies, thats not a quality sex life if your only getting to relax and have good sex once every 2 weeks. The OP needs to find a good reliable baby sitter.

Mod cut: Off topic.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-20-2013 at 03:10 PM..

Old 12-20-2013, 02:23 PM

44,375 posts, read 20,083,252 times
This thread has been cleaned up and moved to the proper forum. People, please respect other users' opinions and refrain from posting personal attacks. Thanks.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-20-2013 at 03:13 PM..

Old 12-20-2013, 03:28 PM

26 posts, read 34,558 times
Thanks and sorry for the hassle.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:31 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,286,187 times
Quote:
My son is 3 years old and he'll start coming to stay with me during the weekend. We would cry in the first few times because he's so attached to his mother but now he's very excited whenever he comes to my house.

However, that also creates a problem to me. How to have sex with one of the 3 women I'm casually meeting right now if he stays during the weekend?

Sure they can come on a week day but it's not the same thing, we all work and have other things to take care of. Nobody enjoys a 20 minute quicky as a basis. I like bringing them home and having plenty of time to relax, take a bath together and spend the whole night in bed.

Will I basically have to cancel my sex life? If so, I'm sure I'll get as grumpy as my father.

Nevermind.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:37 PM

1,515 posts, read 2,275,620 times
What a tough predicament to be in. My only suggestion is to tire your son out during the day and then an early to bedtime. The little tike should be tuckered out and give you plenty of time for long lazy champagne soaked bubble baths, ample foreplay and marathon bedtime gymnastics. Just put a door alarm on his door and you should have enough warning if he leaves his room for any reason. You don't want your son traumatized by anything he sees with all the activity in your room.

If your girlfriends are coming on the same day though, that may be tougher to juggle. Perhaps a quickie for girlfriend #1 while your son takes a nap followed by girlfriend #2 in the evening. Then you can shuffle them around the following day somehow working girlfriend #3 into the rotation. Sounds like a tricky time management problem....

The TLDR version: Like any parent, you have to find time and usually that means when the kid(s) are in bed.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:49 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,193,687 times
Do what married couples do. Wait until your child is asleep and lock the door.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:02 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,206,891 times
Quote:
I like bringing them home and having plenty of time to relax, take a bath together and spend the whole night in bed.
Which is probably how you got your son.

Some 42 year old men actually put their sons, who they only see for a few hours at a time, ahead of their sex lives. Your kid didn't get that dad, so I suggest a lock on the door because he doesn't need to walk in on Dad and his current sweetie doing the deed.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:02 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,973,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop101 View Post
Do what married couples do. Wait until your child is asleep and lock the door.
Seriously! More children end up with siblings than as only children, it really isn't that tough to have a sex life with a kid in the house.

As a part-time father, yeah, you are expected to sacrifice. After all, your son is being asked to sacrifice a full time father. And, your son should not have to deal with a revolving door of women, so the smart thing is to make certain he isn't exposed to them.

His bed time is too late, especially if he is attending school. Tuck him in, read him a story, and keep the decibel level down.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:11 PM

26 posts, read 34,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Is there a reason you have partial custody of the child now? Maybe you're not ready for that. Maybe you should opt out of that for now. Just a thought.
Well, now he has started being more comfortable not having his mother, grandmothers or teachers around all the time. So it's only fair I get my share of time with him.

You assume I don't want to spend time with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting