Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 12:47 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times

Advertisements

When men find out they are going to be father's, do they...........................

.....................................start reading encyclopedias to be able to answer those questions that the child will ask down the line?

Like, how was pizza invented?

Or. do they follow Tevye's advice?

"The most important men in town would come to fawn on me!
They would ask me to advise them,
Like a Solomon the Wise.
"If you please, Reb Tevye..."
"Pardon me, Reb Tevye..."
Posing problems that would cross a rabbi's eyes!

And it won't make one bit of difference if i answer right or wrong.
When you're rich, they think you really know!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2014, 01:09 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
When men find out they are going to be father's, do they...........................

.....................................start reading encyclopedias to be able to answer those questions that the child will ask down the line?

Like, how was pizza invented?
My husband is the master of answering those questions. Sometimes a quick wit will suffice.

Old 08-22-2014, 01:31 PM

Tonight is Italian night which might mean pizza and thinking about that this morning, I was reminded, somehow, as a child when I asked my Dad at Shakey's about how pizza was invented. He gave me some answer about wiping up the sauce with the bread until someone figured out that...................

So, I got to wonder if wise dads start beefing up on knowledge when they know.

I mean, not everyone can be so fortunate like Calvin's Dad..................http://i.imgur.com/EQg0uOf.png

Old 08-23-2014, 09:44 AM

3,155 posts, read 2,702,162 times
Wikipedia.

Who reads grampa-pedias any more?

Old 08-23-2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
So, I got to wonder if wise dads start beefing up on knowledge when they know.
No. They don't.

Old 08-24-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
Wikipedia.

Who reads grampa-pedias any more?
Depends on the type, the specification.............and how accurate one wants to be.

I have a number of specific ones around, often dealing with wrecks through history. It's an area, diving and antiquities I occasionally work in.

The thing about wiki one must remember is that it is not authenticated. Pick up a Brit. pedia and one can be assured that the data was correct at the time it was written. Read something on wiki and while it is good enough to talk about it on the Net, to give an illustration of what you are talking about, it's not the kind of thing to use when you are talking where your professional reputation is at risk.

Answering a child's questions? I suppose it is good enough for that...........provide dad doesn't tell the kid where he got the answer from. If he does, well, sooner or later, the child is in for a very rude awakening.

Old 08-24-2014, 11:10 AM

You don't seem to hold a very high opinion of your father.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:56 AM

5,521 posts, read 8,773,454 times
When guys know they are going to be Dads and have baby questions they can't figure out they

--ask their mothers
--ask their sisters
--ask their wives

They already know how to make pizza, and if they don't, they already know how to order it

Old 08-27-2014, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
.......They already know how to make pizza, and if they don't, they already know how to order it
I doubt very much they know how to make pizza....unless making pizza means buying the store's frozen pizza and putting topping on it.

Now, to be fair, that's what Mom and Dad had us kids do growing up; that's how we made pizza. Today, to me, to make pizza means to mix the dough.

As far as men asking women.....do they actually do that?

http://i.imgur.com/g2QybrO.gif

Old 08-27-2014, 08:01 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,707,226 times
Quote:
I doubt very much they know how to make pizza....unless making pizza means buying the store's frozen pizza and putting topping on it.

Now, to be fair, that's what Mom and Dad had us kids do growing up; that's how we made pizza. Today, to me, to make pizza means to mix the dough.

As far as men asking women.....do they actually do that?

http://i.imgur.com/g2QybrO.gif
Why wouldn't a guy (or anyone) know how to make pizza...including the dough? Just because your parents didn't do it, doesn't mean others can't or don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting