Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2008, 03:57 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times

Advertisements

In between feedings and sleep, there's little time for new parents to do anything basic for themselves, let alone set aside time to work on their sex lives.

After juggling all of the cooking, working and keeping up with the kids, most married couples seem to accept that their sex lives won't be what they once were.

ABC News: Sex After the Baby: Couples Confess
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 06:17 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Well that's a crock!! Well, at least in my house it is. There is always time if you want it.

John, glad to see your doing better!! Take care! mjb

Old 02-11-2008, 04:45 AM

932 posts, read 1,273,819 times
whine whine whine....

I think what bothered me *most* is that the wives said they would try harder to make their hubbys happy!

WTF?

I have a 20 month old and 9 year old, and come 8 pm, im exhausted!

Maybe their hubbys should learn the times when wifey isn't so tired....I know for me, its on a weekend afternoon- one kids at a friends house playing- other kid is taking a nap, and I'm still awake!

Granted...most of these couple kids were a little older than my youngest, and wife CAN show hubby some attention- its a matter of fitting it in! theres always time somewhere!

Old 02-11-2008, 01:11 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,407,466 times
Finally, a study that's honest. We're down to once a week here, but that has a LOT to do with me being 8 months pregnant and having a toddler climbing the walls. What's frustrating is men that don't get the whole dynamic that it's not FOREVER--kids do get older, but they feel sex is the #1 priority, and go look for it elsewhere instead of just being patient and not putting so much importance on it at that time. To me, that's just so sad.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:24 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,928,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommiewrites View Post
whine whine whine....

I think what bothered me *most* is that the wives said they would try harder to make their hubbys happy!

WTF?

I have a 20 month old and 9 year old, and come 8 pm, im exhausted!

Maybe their hubbys should learn the times when wifey isn't so tired....I know for me, its on a weekend afternoon- one kids at a friends house playing- other kid is taking a nap, and I'm still awake!

Granted...most of these couple kids were a little older than my youngest, and wife CAN show hubby some attention- its a matter of fitting it in! theres always time somewhere!

Thank you!! Cry me a river. LOL. When my husband implies he's being neglected I remind him of the 3 times last week that he was asleep on the couch by 8pm. LOL. We laugh a lot about it because, like MOM2FEEBS said, it's not FOREVER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting