Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 07:16 PM

2 posts, read 2,832 times

Advertisements

Hello.

I'm 5 months pregnant with twin baby boys. I'm 27 and their father (who's 35) and I had a FWB-type relationship for about 3 months before I got pregnant. We were irresponsible a few times and didn't use a condom. It's my fault as well.

He's not a bad guy even though he can't remain faithful to any woman. We both have stable jobs, our own house and a fairly good income.

At first I didn't know what to do and we agreed I would have an abortion. However, I didn't have the courage to go ahead with that. I don't know about other women but from the moment I knew I was pregnant, I felt immensely protective over that new being growing inside me...before I knew there were two of them. The fact that it was unplanned and the father was not exactly the love of my life was irrelevant.

I told him I wanted to go ahead with the pregnancy and his reaction wasn't bad. He said he would support whatever decision I took.

However, I've been getting patronizing looks and comments especially from older relatives because the situation isn't ideal. They look at me like "poor girl, her life is ruined, single mother for eternity".

I don't feel like that at all, I'm just so glad that both babies are healthy so far and I haven't had any complications. I also have amazing parents who, despite being very conservative, have supported me since I told them the news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 07:22 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
Mr. Unfaithful wouldn't happen to be German or Swiss, would he? He tells stories very much like yours but from his point of view.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:37 PM

461 posts, read 509,449 times
Why should you feel bad? You are being a responsible adult and owning up to your actions. You and your friend knew what could happen if you didn't use prevention. Sounds like he is also owning up, so good for him. Hopefully he will support you and them.

Old 04-10-2016, 08:00 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,257,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becki in Tx. View Post
Why should you feel bad? You are being a responsible adult and owning up to your actions. You and your friend knew what could happen if you didn't use prevention. Sounds like he is also owning up, so good for him. Hopefully he will support you and them.
Make sure he does!

Old 04-10-2016, 08:20 AM

2,813 posts, read 2,114,454 times
Nope. You shouldn't feel bad. You already feel like their mother!

Love your babies, be the best mom you can be, don't ever take your stress out on your babies, be very frugal and save as much money as you can for emergencies and possibly to hire some help. Don't rely too much on your family if they seem reluctant to help you. And don't have too high of expectations of your babies' father.

Very best of luck to you.

Old 04-10-2016, 08:48 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
No, you should not feel bad.

Old 04-10-2016, 09:12 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Your own house? Do you live together?

As a mom of twins, I can attest that you are in for a VERY difficult time, and judgy old ladies will be the least of your problems.

Figure out quick who you can depend on, and hire someone if you have to, because you are going to need a VERY good support system.

Also, as soon as you can after your delivery, get on the pill.

Old 04-10-2016, 09:24 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,835,476 times
No need to feel bad now.

Wait 15 years.

Then feel really bad.

Old 04-10-2016, 11:28 AM

22,192 posts, read 19,233,374 times
It's your decision, it's your life, it's nobody else's business. You do not ever have to rationalize, justify, defend, or explain your decision about anything to anybody. Ever. Period.

have fun with your babies! i am a mom of twins. in many ways it is easier than parenting a single baby. it sounds like you are making the right choice for you which is all that matters. You sound like you have a stable life and mature realistic outlook. Best wishes, good for you for doing what feels right for you. You're not a 16 year old trying to finish high school. You're 27 with a house and a job and financial stability. The deck is stacked for success in your favor.

Old 04-10-2016, 11:42 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,607,653 times
It's obviously a very bad idea you to have children. Please talk to the folks at Planned Parenthood. Keep in mingd as well that these children have a very high chance compared to the average of dropping out of school, commiting criminal acts, and repeating your mistake. Abortion is the answer. If it is past the legal time, you can take a trip to Mexico or another country for a safe abortion.

Don't sentence two children to a life of deprivation and desperation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting