Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 04:11 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,078,334 times

Advertisements

I'm new in the neighborhood so I told this kid oh no not on my yard or in my yard ...the other neighbors are renters and don't give a crap about their yards . I'm sorry I own this place and I will be da*med if I will let lil rowdys ruin my yard just because their parents don't own a home or yard . My mother used to say you teach people how to treat you and your things guess I'm going to have to teach these neighbors some boundaries where my home is concerned . Do parents not teach their kids respect for their neighbors ? plus my husband is out working on the car and has it on a jack , what if the kid had run into the car and hurt my husband ? I can tell you those people don't have a dime to pay my husbands injuries caused because their kid does not know boundaries and respect .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 04:13 PM

22,572 posts, read 47,641,955 times
Have you spoken to the parents about this?
For all we know, the previous owner allowed the kids to use their yard....

Old 04-11-2016, 04:19 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,078,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Have you spoken to the parents about this?
For all we know, the previous owner allowed the kids to use their yard....

No pitt I no longer speak to parents about their kids because they have a snowflake mentality I have seen it already with the lady next door . No I don't care what the previous owner did , new owner , new rules and they need to learn even if I have to teach them what their folks don't .

Old 04-11-2016, 04:24 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,946,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
No pitt I no longer speak to parents about their kids because they have a snowflake mentality I have seen it already with the lady next door . No I don't care what the previous owner did , new owner , new rules and they need to learn even if I have to teach them what their folks don't .
Okay...so? You said your peace. I don't know any parents who let their children ride bikes through the yards of others, unless it's fine with the homeowner(who usually has children of their own).

Old 04-11-2016, 04:32 PM

22,572 posts, read 47,641,955 times
Quote:
No I don't care what the previous owner did , new owner , new rules
So you expect the parents to read your mind?

Maybe you should just put up a fence then.

Like Mattie, I don't know any parents who let their children use the yards of others, unless it's fine with the homeowners. They talked to each other about it!

Old 04-11-2016, 04:45 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,691,178 times
Turn the hose on the little creeps? Or get a motion-activated sprinkler if you want to be passive-aggressive.

Old 04-11-2016, 05:34 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,442 times
So you asked the kid not to ride through your yard, correct? Did he stop or did he continue to ride and disregard what you asked him? If the former, what is the problem? And how is this not showing respect? If he did what you asked him and didn't argue or otherwise give you a hard time, I don't see how that is disrespectful

If the latter, how, exactly, are you going to teach the neighbors about this?

Old 04-11-2016, 05:43 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,885,931 times
Not riding bikes across the yards of others is not in the standard rule book I gave my kids. If I were aware of it, I might say Don't Ride Your Bikes Across The Yards of Others. I would not consider it a big deal. Nor would I care if other kids rode their bikes across my yard (I used to live on a corner).

However, If you said to me "I mentioned this to your kids but I thought I'd let you know, We'd appreciate it if they didn't ride across the yard" I would certainly speak to my kids! And I would be glad you let me know. And I would gladly enforce it as I was able.

But if I knew you were thinking this:
Quote:
I'm new in the neighborhood so I told this kid oh no not on my yard or in my yard ...the other neighbors are renters and don't give a crap about their yards . I'm sorry I own this place and I will be da*med if I will let lil rowdys ruin my yard just because their parents don't own a home or yard . My mother used to say you teach people how to treat you and your things guess I'm going to have to teach these neighbors some boundaries where my home is concerned . Do parents not teach their kids respect for their neighbors ? plus my husband is out working on the car and has it on a jack , what if the kid had run into the car and hurt my husband ? I can tell you those people don't have a dime to pay my husbands injuries caused because their kid does not know boundaries and respect .
I would just think you were rude, unhappy, or lacking in the social skills required to just come and talk to me. I'm a really nice person. I am not a mind reader, and not all people have the same standards you do. You are already resentful of people you haven't even spoken to.

Old 04-11-2016, 05:45 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,450,731 times
"Please don't ride your bikes on the lawn. The previous owner might not have minded but we'd prefer you didn't. Thank you!"

Old 04-11-2016, 06:15 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,726,340 times
Quote:
Good fences.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting