Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 04:50 PM

326 posts, read 880,752 times

Advertisements

If you dont get along with ur parents do u let your parents see ur kids or you avoid yr kids around ur parents.

Why or why not?

\
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 04:59 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,452,635 times
Never got along with my mother, live an ocean away from her, so that takes care of the grandma/kids. You live an ocean away from your parents, too - so any visits, if all, will be very different from when living in the same country.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:08 PM

326 posts, read 880,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Never got along with my mother, live an ocean away from her, so that takes care of the grandma/kids. You live an ocean away from your parents, too - so any visits, if all, will be very different from when living in the same country.

True! Nuala where are u & where are the parents?

Old 05-20-2009, 05:27 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,452,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebanker View Post

True! Nuala where are u & where are the parents?
I'm in Canada and the parents are in Russia.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:49 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,750,457 times
Are you asking a general question or do you want feedback on your own situation?

If your parents abused you and they continue to do so them absolutely keep them away from yourself and your family. If all you have is a difference of opinions then your should be able to come to some compromise. Grandparents are important for children. Just remember that you kids will treat you the same way they see you treating your parents. JMO.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:14 PM

180 posts, read 621,554 times
my mother and i have a really shaky relationship and have since i was 15 but if she wants to see my kids then I am not going to keep them from her over my personal conflict with her. if she were an abuser, druggy, or drunk that would be different. i dont think kids should be put in the middle of family drama.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:19 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,739,685 times
My daughter and I have been known to rub each other the wrong way. We are very different. Within the past year, developments had caused a brutal rift, but things are better. During that entire time my daughter and I made it a point to be pleasant to each other, and I saw my granddaughter often. We both want that child to be surrounded by as much harmony as possible knowing she would be unhappy if we didn't get along together.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:20 PM

5 posts, read 30,214 times
time is short, mend relationships, alot can happen over time. grandparents are a vital part of children's lives, more so, a sense of FAMILY and belonging is important. Start off slow, like a park setting where you don't really have to interact with them, but are close to see how they interact with your children. I grew up very abused, but always believed my family would come around. I wanted to matter to someone significant especially after my son was born, the first in the family, and the first grandson to my dad. it never happened, my children grew up without a family except me and there were times I just was not enough for them. I am sure my life and that of my children and that of their grandfather would have been so different, had my Dad just let me forgive him and love him. But it's your choice, believe me, there are alot of children grandparents can love when they can't love their own.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:35 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,066,657 times
What is an "ur"? Last I looked, ur was in place of you are, which would make it you're, not your.

Sorry, grammar police are off today so I stepped in. I'll be going now.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:04 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,750,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by being4u4eva View Post
time is short, mend relationships, alot can happen over time. grandparents are a vital part of children's lives, more so, a sense of FAMILY and belonging is important. Start off slow, like a park setting where you don't really have to interact with them, but are close to see how they interact with your children. I grew up very abused, but always believed my family would come around. I wanted to matter to someone significant especially after my son was born, the first in the family, and the first grandson to my dad. it never happened, my children grew up without a family except me and there were times I just was not enough for them. I am sure my life and that of my children and that of their grandfather would have been so different, had my Dad just let me forgive him and love him. But it's your choice, believe me, there are alot of children grandparents can love when they can't love their own.
I do not believe that abusers will come around. I think it is healthy to forgive. But one should never forget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting