Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 02:28 PM

168 posts, read 274,677 times

Advertisements

My older kids started overnight camp at 7 & 9, and their 6 year old brother is joining them this year. It will be the 4th summer for my older kids. My kids are a bit more independent than most because I've left them several times with others when travelling for work. I personally think 6 is not too young depending on the kid. Plus all three of mine will go to the same camp. Even though they won't be in the same cabin, they will run into each other during the day. Can't help you with Ohio though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 08:33 PM

325 posts, read 228,869 times
Thanks for the tips. My daughter has attended vbs every summer last few years. My dad always took her. She would stay at his house for the week, and he would take her. I am christian, I guess, but I haven't been to church in many years. Its not that I don't like going. It's just the church I used to attend the congregation split up. I moved away. Then never found a church I liked after I came back. Plus I have trouble getting up early sometimes, so I don't go. But yea I already told them we could do vbs this year. But that isn't until june or july. I went to camp one time. It was a vchurch camp for 2 weeks. I loved it. But yea we also always do go to our local pool a lot in summer. My dad used to go w/ me and kids. My bf hates going to pool to swim. It was so fun w/ my dad. He would get in w/ us and goof off w/ kids.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:37 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,159,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goochgirl View Post
Thanks for the tips. My daughter has attended vbs every summer last few years. My dad always took her. She would stay at his house for the week, and he would take her. I am christian, I guess, but I haven't been to church in many years. Its not that I don't like going. It's just the church I used to attend the congregation split up. I moved away. Then never found a church I liked after I came back. Plus I have trouble getting up early sometimes, so I don't go. But yea I already told them we could do vbs this year. But that isn't until june or july. I went to camp one time. It was a vchurch camp for 2 weeks. I loved it. But yea we also always do go to our local pool a lot in summer. My dad used to go w/ me and kids. My bf hates going to pool to swim. It was so fun w/ my dad. He would get in w/ us and goof off w/ kids.
Just an idea.
If you have trouble getting early on Sunday morning check out churches that have other services.

In my city, many churches have Saturday night services starting at 4 PM or 5 PM. Some churches have evening services, 5 PM, 6 PM or 7 PM on Wednesday nights (or other nights during the week). And, even the churches that only have Sunday morning services may have a 11 AM or 12 Noon service.

I hope that you are able to spend lots of time at the pool this summer. While, it will be sad that your dad is not with you, it would be a great activity for you and the kids. I bet that you can meet some other moms at the pool, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting