Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 10:31 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlJohnsons View Post
do you also cook and clean the house and wear an apron.
When it's my turn. Otherwise, my husband does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 10:36 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
I would assume he would attract too much attention at Central Park that it wouldn't be a pleasant trip for the kids, especially now at this time. He probably has lots of nature oriented properties where he can take a stroll with his kids undisturbed.
I imagine the family residence portion of Mar-a-Lago affords them that privilege.

He used to have a house in Greenwich, CT. Ivana got the house in the divorce, and she later sold it for 16 million. It is now on the market for 45 million.

Old 04-25-2016, 10:38 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,874,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
3 of his children at adults and the other is 10. Obviously he isn't taking any of children on a walk in their stroller now at this time.

But even so, plenty of celebriities take their children out on walks to Central Park or down the streets of New York.
Who said anything about a stroller?

Old 04-25-2016, 10:39 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,248,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
When it's my turn. Otherwise, my husband does.
how cute.. do you mark it on the calendar who's turn it is.

Old 04-25-2016, 11:26 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Who said anything about a stroller?
The article in the OP. You know, the thing this whole thread is about.
But Trump has described himself as hands-off, and, in the same 2005 interview with Howard Stern, expressed disdain for his ex-wife Marla Maples suggesting he walk their daughter, Tiffany, down the street. “Well, Marla used to say, ‘I can’t believe you’re not walking Tiffany down the street,’ you know in a carriage,†Trump said. “Right, I’m gonna be walking down Fifth Avenue with a baby in a carriage. It just didn’t work.â€
https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczy...e-t#.kmm6lGGRK

Old 04-25-2016, 11:28 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,160,074 times
Digging deep, he said that 11 years ago lol. We all know the real reason why they're posting it now though...

Old 04-25-2016, 11:54 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,874,077 times
Quote:
The article in the OP. You know, the thing this whole thread is about.
But Trump has described himself as hands-off, and, in the same 2005 interview with Howard Stern, expressed disdain for his ex-wife Marla Maples suggesting he walk their daughter, Tiffany, down the street. “Well, Marla used to say, ‘I can’t believe you’re not walking Tiffany down the street,’ you know in a carriage,” Trump said. “Right, I’m gonna be walking down Fifth Avenue with a baby in a carriage. It just didn’t work.”
https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczy...e-t#.kmm6lGGRK
Ha. You could just admit that you mistook "take a stroll" for using a stroller (or "carriage") I doubt that you're that upset he didn't walk down 5th Ave with a carriage many years ago.

And no, he doesn't really have the luxury of walking down in the streets or in Central Park now, there are definitely people who want to get in his face and he'll get crowded around. It would be better to take a stroll with his kids (and now g-kids) on private property.

Old 04-26-2016, 05:54 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Quote:
3 of his children at adults and the other is 10. Obviously he isn't taking any of children on a walk in their stroller now at this time.

But even so, plenty of celebriities take their children out on walks to Central Park or down the streets of New York.
Yup. Unless you're on a pap walk (ie. calling the paparazzi ahead of time to tip them off) or have an entourage, you can just throw on a hat and walk around all day unnoticed.

Eh. I do think it's incredibly sad to hear someone essentially brag about choosing to be minimally involved in their child's day to day life. But he gave them a name that opens doors, the finest education money can buy, and they'll never want for anything materially; there are definitely worse ways for a kid to grow up.

Last edited by Ginge McFantaPants; 04-26-2016 at 06:13 AM..

Old 04-26-2016, 07:04 AM

24,125 posts, read 32,484,271 times

I think he is ridiculous as always. Back in the late 50s through mid 60s, when my mother was having her babies, my father was not above helping her out with us.

He is a vile person. Can't change a diaper, but it's OK to lust after your own daughter. What a creep!

Old 04-26-2016, 08:56 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,094,264 times
Trump is full of it, as usual.

Dads' Housework Inspires Girls' Ambitions - WSJ

I'd love for my daughter to do something cool like be an engineer, so I don't balk at doing housework. I come home from work (single income family), and still help with bathtime, dishes, grilling food if wanted, getting kids to bed, etc. I'll sweep and mop the floor (because some moronic previous owner picked white tiles in the kitchen remodel :/), and help straighten out the living room. All of these things for the sake of my kid's future and my wife's sanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting