Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 08:12 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,965,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
Get him some adult male contact time. He needs to be taught by example how real men treat and respect women.
Agreed. Boys without their dads under the same roof typically exhibit more of these types of attitudes.

I'm sure you're doing your best OP, but let this be a warning to young women who think not being married to their kids' dad is no big deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 08:36 PM

189 posts, read 176,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Agreed. Boys without their dads under the same roof typically exhibit more of these types of attitudes.

I'm sure you're doing your best OP, but let this be a warning to young women who think not being married to their kids' dad is no big deal.
This highly depends on the kid's dad. Being married to a misogynist will not a balanced kid make...

Old 05-24-2016, 11:31 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Moderator cut: delete
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
I'm guessing you never talked to him in the past about his attitudes towards girls and why he might have an negative feelings about them.

You will probably get further if you ask him what has made him feel that way and then listen to what he tells you without judging his reasons. This will do you better than simply telling him it is horrible to think like that and that he "needs to" have respect for girls. Obviously, he is hurting from some kind of rejection.
For once I agree with you.

This is also why some are suggesting therapy if it is a deeper issue.

Sometimes figuring out why there is a problem could be key to solving the problem.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-24-2016 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: deleted the orphaned post and your answer.

Old 05-24-2016, 12:26 PM

204 posts, read 145,499 times
Mother,

You came here, presumably to leave with more info than when you arrived. I've no dog in this fight for your son. It doesn't matter how accurate these people here may display. They bring you what you already know. It doesn't matter how unpopular my words may be. I bring you a perspective you did not already have. Like I said, the ones in your immediate vicinity will keep you immobile. They are louder and exist in greater numbers. Watch out, please.

Bye.

Last edited by sylvianfisher; 05-24-2016 at 12:53 PM..

Old 05-25-2016, 04:50 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worriedmommy2 View Post
So I guess I can't elaborate about what happened anymore?
Well..It has been well over a month since you opened/started this Thread regarding you request for help..and haven't added anything since then..in fact this is only the 2nd post post..Hardly appears you feel quite so urgent for input..

I would appreciate updates..how things are going now..what have you decided to do? and so on. Discussion often does help..but IF you actually expect a bullet menu to deal with your issue..You will not get it without input..instead all you'll get is armchair judgements on what you initially asked..

If you do not respond to posts offering opinions..then just maybe this venue isn't helpful for you..Help only comes with communication..Maybe Social workers have stirred you into the right direction..

But your above #2 post doesn't seem like you're in a better place after over a month...Please seek help..Your son's future is at stake..help him..dwelling on your own hurt/confusion will never help him..outside influence on your son is something you cannot control BUT what you CAN control is a "CONSISTENT MESSAGE" and open door to him to talk about it..IF you close him out ( to protect yourself) He will become at the mercy of public sector/Social workers/Police/ School officials...Stand up for and with your child!! PLEEZE!!

Old 05-25-2016, 05:42 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:
So I guess I can't elaborate about what happened anymore?
Sure you can. Just don't provide links to blogs and websites that are intended to stir the pot.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:08 PM

Quote:
No, I DID make another post about something he was involved in but it got deleted.

Basically my son got into some MGTOW stuff, I found lots of videos for it in the history on his computer.
Considering that you haven't elaborated beyond that, or provided anything actually related to Parenting, and actually provided a link, it seems your intent is to discuss that group. The Politics and Other Controversies forum is a more appropriate venue for that.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:16 PM

3 posts, read 3,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Considering that you haven't elaborated beyond that, or provided anything actually related to Parenting, and actually provided a link, it seems your intent is to discuss that group. The Politics and Other Controversies forum is a more appropriate venue for that.
Moderator cut: delete What, specifically do you want to know?

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-26-2016 at 11:14 AM.. Reason: Stop discussing mod actions. Use dm if you question moderation

Old 05-25-2016, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Moderator cut: orphaned post What, specifically do you want to know?
Personally I lost interest so I don't want additional information. I was simply providing information I thought you might want. Others upthread provided responses and asked questions which you more or less ignored so you could post a link to a blog. When you aren't an active participant in a thread you started (outside of providing links to controversial sites), people tend to make assumptions regarding your intent.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-26-2016 at 11:15 AM..

Old 05-26-2016, 10:24 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
Moderator cut: orphaned quote

Where is his dad in all this?

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-26-2016 at 11:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting