Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 10:01 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
Your pubertal son comes into your room in the middle of the night?

Why?

I don't think many 10-13 y/o boys visit their parents' room at night. Or still call their Mother "mommy". Or would "cry eyes out" over what you described.
Is he perhaps special needs?
Are you perhaps incredibly rude, going off topic and asking questions that are none of your freaking business?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
What the heck are you talking about?
What's the big deal? And why are you making a point about him being "pubertal"?

Maybe he's a sensitive soul and the image of his mother being so frightened, affected him. That's what first came to mind. Not that he was upset because he was scared, but that he scared his mom.
Sounds like he really loves his mom.

Sheesh.
Thank you.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:09 AM

8,177 posts, read 6,928,011 times

Last edited by .sparrow.; 11-04-2017 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: meant to edit my post to sweetbottoms, and ended up quoting it. lol

Old 11-04-2017, 10:47 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
When my daughter was about 3 she said, "You know how sometimes someone is talking to you, but no one is there?"

She also refused to play in the back yard. She would always refer to "that man" in the back yard and she was afraid to play back there.

I don't know if it's related, but years later we found out that years before we lived in the house, a 12 or 13 year old girl had been kidnapped in our city and her body found years later under a site that had been under construction at the time she disappeared. One day I was in the driveway getting ready to get out of the car when a detective came to my car window and asked if he could talk to me. He asked me if I had lived in the house the year the girl disappeared. I said I hadn't. He asked if I knew who did live there at the time. I didn't. And I didn't know why he was asking about MY house; the girl hadn't disappeared from here. She lived not too far away and had disappeared from near the high school, also not far away, but not my house.

So some time later my husband was outside working in the yard when a guy came by on a Segway, just going down the sidewalk, and stopped and told my husband he used to live in the house. They talked and he ended up telling my husband that before the girl disappeared, he saw a man in our/his backyard that was watching young girl on the screened in porch of the house next door. He called the police and the guy was questioned but said he was just cutting through the back yard because he had car trouble or something...and he wasn't arrested. Not long later is when the girl disappeared from near the high school.

Anyway, it turns out that the guy that was in my back yard was actually the same guy who ended up being arrested/convicted of the kidnapping and murder of the girl who disappeared from the high school.

They guy is still alive and in prison, but I wonder if his "energy" is what my daughter sensed when she insisted there was a man in the back yard?

Old 11-04-2017, 11:32 AM

7,029 posts, read 4,896,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Thanks for clarifying
You're welcome!

Quote:

Why?

I don't think many 10-13 y/o boys visit their parents' room at night. Or still call their Mother "mommy". Or would "cry eyes out" over what you described.
She shouldn't have to answer that, but maybe he just wanted to ask a question. I was 14 and had a dream that my bed was shaking once. It scared me so bad I ran into my parents' room where they were sleeping and woke them up.

And people call their parents what they're comfortable calling them. I was rewatching ER and John Carter (Noah Wyle) called his grandmother "Gamma" all through that show. I thought it was sort of touching myself.

Anyway, back to the stories. These are awesome! Thank you everyone!

Old 11-04-2017, 01:22 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,134,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
It would be interesting to know if their are any accpunts of such an accident.
We did try to look it up and did find the building he was referring to in Canada.

Old 11-04-2017, 01:40 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
I remember the reddit thread and some of the really creepy things that were on there.

Old 11-04-2017, 01:50 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
When my great-nephew was four, my niece was pregnant for her next child. She told her son he was going to have a baby brother or sister, and he pointed at her belly and said, "That's my sister in there, and her name is Caroline, the same as it was when she was my sister before." My great-niece Caroline is now 15 years old.

Old 11-04-2017, 06:27 PM

Quote:

Why?

I decided to actually answer these disgusting questions.

First you talk about a child in puberty as if they are on the hunt for sex. They aren't. Sexual development and physical development are totally different. If my son comes into my room, I promise it isn't sexual. If my husband and I are being intimate, we lock our door. No cross over.

And when you child goes into to puberty doesn't make them stop being your child, needing to be comforted and held. He was not creeping. He was coming to check in.

If you anticipate a calm response but instead get full blown screaming...it would scare anyone. If that person is your mother and you are a kid...that's really scary. And if you see someone you love screaming...double down on that. Its terrifying. My son responds to scary situations by crying. Boo the little kid...he should suck it up *eye roll*.

Why would a kid between 10 and 13 come into their parents room between night time and morning?

Bad dream
Storm
Dog peed on the carpet
"What are we having for breakfast"
"I need to be to school in 20 minutes"
I want a hug
I have x on my mind and cant sleep, can we talk?
Can I sleep in the guest room
Can the dog sleep with me
can I play on the computer?
I need cuddles
I am sad about x

The list goes on forever. If you have had kids this age and they didn't come in your room from time to time, I feel for the kid. I am sorry you scared them.

"Mommy" are you joking? My kids don't call me "mommy" in front of other kids. But at 40 I still some times call my mom "mommy". And I have pet names for every family member. As they do for me. IM sorry if you haven't felt enough love in your family that you have that.

Is he special needs? Like that's a dirty thing? Like that undermines his needs and reactions. Seriously...makes me sick. Best of luck to you in your life that you think this post was ok

Old 11-04-2017, 09:24 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
My autistic guy is mostly non-verbal, but he says some basic things. Think, "Ma, hunger" instead of "Hey Mom, can you make lunch. I'm hungry."

He came into my office one day and said very emphatically, "Ma. Walls of BLOOD!" then ran out again. I, of course, ran out to check if anyone was bleeding or if something was on the wall, etc. but nothing there. Don't know where he got the idea from.
When my son (Asperger's disorder) was about 3 he slept in a bunk bed (top bed). It had a window which overlooked the garage roof. One night he woke up and said he didn't want to sleep there anymore because "the eyes" where bothering him. We assured him it was just his imagination. A few minutes later, he's back .... the eyes are really bothering me. So DH and I walked into his room, and sure enough there are a pair of eyes looking through the window ... darned raccoon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting