Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 04:18 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,134,122 times

Advertisements

You said the strangest thing. Well my 8 year old grandson, one day described a previous life, and his death, he said he was a tight rope walker in 1929 and one day he was putting on a show walking from a particular bank in Canada to another building when he fell to his death. Then nothing till he was born to my son and his wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 07:31 PM

2,662 posts, read 1,378,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwenmark View Post
You said the strangest thing. Well my 8 year old grandson, one day described a previous life, and his death, he said he was a tight rope walker in 1929 and one day he was putting on a show walking from a particular bank in Canada to another building when he fell to his death. Then nothing till he was born to my son and his wife.
It would be interesting to know if their are any accpunts of such an accident.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:17 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,879,306 times
My autistic guy is mostly non-verbal, but he says some basic things. Think, "Ma, hunger" instead of "Hey Mom, can you make lunch. I'm hungry."

He came into my office one day and said very emphatically, "Ma. Walls of BLOOD!" then ran out again. I, of course, ran out to check if anyone was bleeding or if something was on the wall, etc. but nothing there. Don't know where he got the idea from.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:07 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
My 5 year old likes to sneak downstairs when I am sitting on the den couch (and you have to be good bc the stairs are right at the edge of your peripheral vision if you sit on the couch).
He then sneaks behind the couch and makes soft noises (scratching, breathing).
Then intensifies it suddenly.

I don't know why (bc I always internally know it's him), but he's got me a couple of times!

One time I told the dog to go get the creature behind the couch. It was hilarious.

Old 11-03-2017, 10:12 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
My daughter loves to be a creeper. Its part of her humor. Creepy humor. Its more what she does then says. Sometimes she will randomly point at me, with her eyes all wide and crazy then slowly drag her index finger across her neck. Stare at me for a second then bebop off to play. I am like "WTF?".

Or she just randomly does the "I got my eyes on you" thing with her fingers from meet the parents. But she is so creepy about it all. She thinks its hilarious.

She also likes to talk about death a lot and she seems to get a giggle out of talking about it when she can tell I am anxious. Like when we fly I get nervous when there is turbulence and she will just start to muse to me about the plane falling out of the sky and us all dying.

I asked a child psychologist about all this and she said its normal behavior...just her way of dealing with her own fears by making light of it all. And she is not plotting to kill me in my sleep (hopefully).

Speaking of, my kids often come into my room in the early morning or in the middle of the night, so it isn't a big deal. I am a light sleeper so I usually hear them coming. But one night not too long ago I woke up slightly, still kind of dreaming, to a man standing over my bed. I screamed, he screamed, we both screamed. Then I woke up enough to realize it was my son (he is starting puberty so he always looks more like a man then I have him memorized in my head these days). My son just cried his eyes out because him scaring me scared him so badly. He always says "mommy" before walking in the room now to make sure I am awake LOL
This post reminded me of Christina Ricci in the Addams Family movies!

Old 11-03-2017, 10:44 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,157,453 times
When my dd was about three she started to tell me and her auntie that Catherine stopped by to play with her. When she was alone in her room
. This talk of Catherine went on for maybe close to a year. I asked her about Catherine and she mostly said she is her friend and has blond hair.

About 12 years later I dozed off and as I woke there was a young girl clear as day sitting next to me, she had blond hair and best way to describe her was she looked just like any young girl, but she had a subtle sparkle to her skin, she leaned over to whisper a secret to me and told me her name was Catherine. No I'm not insane, nor was I dreaming- can't explain it..

Old 11-04-2017, 03:12 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
When my dd was about three she started to tell me and her auntie that Catherine stopped by to play with her. When she was alone in her room
. This talk of Catherine went on for maybe close to a year. I asked her about Catherine and she mostly said she is her friend and has blond hair.

About 12 years later I dozed off and as I woke there was a young girl clear as day sitting next to me, she had blond hair and best way to describe her was she looked just like any young girl, but she had a subtle sparkle to her skin, she leaned over to whisper a secret to me and told me her name was Catherine. No I'm not insane, nor was I dreaming- can't explain it..
Wow...this is an awesome story. Have you researched it? Did a child named "Catherine" live in your house at one time, and die there?

One time, when my grandson was two years old, he sadly told me, "The kitty died". They have a cat, and I asked his mother (my daughter), "Did Gabby die?" She told me no, Gabby was fine. Turns out, the cat belonging to his other grandparents died, but there was no way he could have known or heard about it, because he hadn't been over to their house for almost a week, and his parents didn't even know it yet!

Grandsons have a "play room" where they keep all their toys...it's in the "old" part of the house. The house was built in 1803...and the original stone farmhouse had three large original downstairs front rooms and a kitchen in back (now converted to a laundry room). An addition with a new kitchen/dining area/great room was built on ten years ago. Those original downstairs rooms are used as a living room/office, the "playroom", and my room where I sleep when I stay over When oldest grandson was small, we'd be playing in the "playroom" with his toys, and he'd look up and laugh at something I couldn't see. I have to admit, I get weird vibes in that room. It's the most originally intact room (with the old windows and window glass). Once, his electronic toy piano came on during the night, playing music, and freaked me out (I was sleeping in the next room). We ALWAYS turn off the battery operated toys when we're done playing with them, to save the batteries.

Old 11-04-2017, 07:32 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,880,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
My daughter loves to be a creeper. Its part of her humor. Creepy humor. Its more what she does then says. Sometimes she will randomly point at me, with her eyes all wide and crazy then slowly drag her index finger across her neck. Stare at me for a second then bebop off to play. I am like "WTF?".

Or she just randomly does the "I got my eyes on you" thing with her fingers from meet the parents. But she is so creepy about it all. She thinks its hilarious.

She also likes to talk about death a lot and she seems to get a giggle out of talking about it when she can tell I am anxious. Like when we fly I get nervous when there is turbulence and she will just start to muse to me about the plane falling out of the sky and us all dying.

I asked a child psychologist about all this and she said its normal behavior...just her way of dealing with her own fears by making light of it all. And she is not plotting to kill me in my sleep (hopefully).

Speaking of, my kids often come into my room in the early morning or in the middle of the night, so it isn't a big deal. I am a light sleeper so I usually hear them coming. But one night not too long ago I woke up slightly, still kind of dreaming, to a man standing over my bed. I screamed, he screamed, we both screamed. Then I woke up enough to realize it was my son (he is starting puberty so he always looks more like a man then I have him memorized in my head these days). My son just cried his eyes out because him scaring me scared him so badly. He always says "mommy" before walking in the room now to make sure I am awake LOL
Your pubertal son comes into your room in the middle of the night?

Why?

I don't think many 10-13 y/o boys visit their parents' room at night. Or still call their Mother "mommy". Or would "cry eyes out" over what you described.
Is he perhaps special needs?

Old 11-04-2017, 08:17 AM

8,177 posts, read 6,928,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
In 2014 my daughters great grandfather was dying of pancreatic cancer. He was given 3 weeks from the time of diagnosis. We did not tell her he was dying, only that he was sick. He died around 4 am in the morning and I stayed home while my daughter slept and my husband went over to hospice. The morning he died my daughter and myself were on the porch shortly after breakfast. She was trying to catch a frog and suddenly stopped and turned towards me. We hadn't told her yet he passed, waiting until later in the day when the family was together. So she stopped playing and stood up and looked at me and said "grandad is working with his dad now" I said huh? She points towards the direction where he died the night before in hospice, (she also did not know he was there) and says "he said the doctors there couldn't help me but its ok he's working with his dad now". I said how do you know? All she said was "did you hear him in my room this morning? He said its fine he has to go to work now"

To be clear we are a very atheist family, we have never discussed afterlife with my daughter as we don't believe in it or ghosts). That one did throw me for a loop. 5 weeks after that my daughter found my 30 year old brother in law dead in his bedroom. We had no idea he was dead in there, we thought he was at work and his door was closed. She never mentioned anything about him so I do feel like the comments about her GG were a fluke.
That's pretty cool.
To the bold:
That doesn't necessarily mean it was a fluke. Your daughter isn't going to suddenly be inundated with messages from those who pass on just because her GG happened to. This stuff is so random. Actually, I'm glad it is because it would be more weird if it weren't.

Old 11-04-2017, 08:19 AM

8,177 posts, read 6,928,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
Your pubertal son comes into your room in the middle of the night?

Why?

I don't think many 10-13 y/o boys visit their parents' room at night. Or still call their Mother "mommy". Or would "cry eyes out" over what you described.
Is he perhaps special needs?
What the heck are you talking about?
What's the big deal? And why are you making a point about him being "pubertal"?

Maybe he's a sensitive soul and the image of his mother being so frightened, affected him. That's what first came to mind. Not that he was upset because he was scared, but that he scared his mom.
Sounds like he really loves his mom.

Sheesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting