Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 03:58 AM

1,218 posts, read 687,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
If you are going to scream while dinner is being made, then just stay home. For goodness sake.

Only the ones that act like you.

As I said in an earlier post, I have hosted a vegetarian, and did my best to accommodate her. I most certainly did not take the meat off the menu completely, nor did she expect me to. That is where you are crossing a line. You think you are superior to meat eaters, and that we're hypocrites. You complain about being judged but you are judging more than anyone else here.

As for the nut allergy, just no. Someone with a nut allergy could die if they eat them. And yes, if it was from a safe distance, I don't see why I wouldn't eat nuts in front of them. It's not a valid comparison. At all.

If you can't be in a room with people eating culturally acceptable meat, you are the one with the issue, not them. I repeat, if it bothers you that much, don't go.
It’s the same as a nut allergy you idiot. Go and eat a nut in front of them to be consistent. As I said, it’s simply emotional rather than physical, there is no difference.

In 2050 everyone would agree with me. People have a lack of future vision.

Old 12-29-2017, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
It's not. It's the attitude that they have better morals and that we are basically eating our pets that is offensive. If I had a family dinner, and 1 vegan was invited, I wouldn't be at all offended when that person ate the side dishes but not the meat, or if they brought their own vegan dish.

I would be offended if the 1 vegan insisted that we ALL eat vegan so as not to offend him.
It’s not just because of that, it’s to make it easier for the person cooking the meals, which you fail to realise

Better make one meal for all than take the effort of pointlessly making two

Old 12-29-2017, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
And here we have the attitude that causes the question in the OP to even be asked (rather than the other attitudes described by other posters here by the vegetarians/vegans in their families. "I choose to have a special restricted diet so everyone else should just eat what I choose to eat, not what they like. Simple."

Do you not see the problem with that?
I have to see dead animals being eaten agaisnt my will when we are all animal lovers, do you not see the problem with that?

Old 12-29-2017, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
We are all part of the Great Circle of life. Each species has their place in that circle. I find it interesting that some humans are the only species that chooses to step out of their place in that circle AND tell themselves that they are doing it out of love for animals, when what they are doing is disrespecting the animals by saying that they themselves are unique and above the Great Circle. Do we owe the animals that provide our food respect for fulfilling their place in it and the best possible life and death? Yes, we do. We also owe them the respect of honoring their place and our own in that Circle.

If I were to choose not to invite you to a gathering involving a meal, it would not be because you are vegan. It would be because based on what you have posted here you would spoil the gathering for my other guests by your attitudes towards them and, indeed, the world in general.

So many that tell themselves they are making their dietary choices "for the animals" forget that animals walk on two legs, too.
The animals don’t respect their life of suffering where every egg, every drop of milk and every bit of their body is taken before they face a violent death at the slaughterhouse. All because some people like the taste of them. And at the expense of lives, the environment and human health.

Given that I’m the one that should be invited as it’s the meat eaters disrespecting the Earth

Old 12-29-2017, 05:39 AM

2,771 posts, read 2,307,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinsonj417 View Post
I have to see dead animals being eaten agaisnt my will when we are all animal lovers, do you not see the problem with that?
That's where people will draw the line.

They may make the effort to prepare a different meal for you so you don't have to EAT meat, but they won't eat your food so you don't have to watch OTHERS eating meat.

Old 12-29-2017, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
That's where people will draw the line.

They may make the effort to prepare a different meal for you so you don't have to EAT meat, but they won't eat your food so you don't have to watch OTHERS eating meat.
I will not stand for people eating the flesh of beloved animals with their pet by their side. End of.

Look in reality people still eat it in front of me and they sometimes tell me that I can leave if it’s too much.

Non vegans say we ram it down your throats, well when you eat dead animals and talk about how nice it is, that’s what your doing

Everyone should be happy with a vegan meal

In other words you think I should be given another animal to stroke but you won’t stop beating another one in front of me. I can’t understand why people would be so cruel

Old 12-29-2017, 06:10 AM

2,771 posts, read 2,307,475 times
I'm just telling you where people will draw the line.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:10 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,481,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinsonj417 View Post
I will not stand for people eating the flesh of beloved animals with their pet by their side. End of.

Look in reality people still eat it in front of me and they sometimes tell me that I can leave if it’s too much.

Non vegans say we ram it down your throats, well when you eat dead animals and talk about how nice it is, that’s what your doing

Everyone should be happy with a vegan meal

In other words you think I should be given another animal to stroke but you won’t stop beating another one in front of me. I can’t understand why people would be so cruel
This is not a thread to debate vegatrianism it; was a question asked about accomodating a guest in your home. The corresponding question would be how, as a vegetarian (or vegan) accomodating would you be if your bf/gf's parents were NOT. See if you can discuss it without insulting individual posters.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvette ministries View Post
i'm just telling you where people will draw the line.
ok

Old 12-29-2017, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
This is not a thread to debate vegatrianism it; was a question asked about accomodating a guest in your home. The corresponding question would be how, as a vegetarian (or vegan) accomodating would you be if your bf/gf's parents were NOT. See if you can discuss it without insulting individual posters.
Well sorry, I don’t have a bf/gf, so perhaps I shouldn’t be here. Got to stick up for the animals, mate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.