Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 11:43 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
He has watched Deadpool 8 times and Deadpool 2 twice. He kills people all day on Fortnite and screams No F*$@#&ing way" whenever he does not win by killing the other 99 people in the game.

Why would it be a surprise he talks like that
?
WTH?

The boy said "inappropriate" to the OP. That's all. He used the word "penis" when speaking to ho's parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2018, 02:07 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwenmark View Post
Perhaps he is autistic, my grandson is and has very little social filter. He is also 9.
Yes, it’s called “The Little Professor” characteristic, seen frequently in Aspergers.

They prefer to interact with adults rather that their same-age peers, they use adult vocabulary & they focus on special interest topics; usually computer science or natural history science that their peers have limited knowledge of.

Old 06-01-2018, 03:30 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,777,169 times
My son told me his first dirty joke when he was 7. I cannot for the life of me remember what it was. It was not really terribly dirty but it was funny, and I immediately had him call his father and tell it again, who also thought it was funny. His dad is from India so - way more likely than your average 'Murcan to be upset by off-color humor.

Nothing inappropriate about his comment, but your reaction does give one pause. You strike me as more than a little too uptight. It's not like the kid was walking around telling other kids to look at the "richard"-shaped ride, or asking you if you want to ride it. Come on. Take a chill pill.

Old 06-01-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Yes, it’s called “The Little Professor” characteristic, seen frequently in Aspergers.

They prefer to interact with adults rather that their same-age peers, they use adult vocabulary & they focus on special interest topics; usually computer science or natural history science that their peers have limited knowledge of.
Please do not try to diagnose people over the internet, especially when you aren't trained to start with (I am).

Lots of kids are comfortable talking to adults on a fairly level intellectual basis. Only a small minority of precocious children have Asperger's.

I'm really tired of people who think being smart means there's something wrong with you. And Asperger's is just different, not "wrong" per se. The old adage about smart people having few social skills is utter nonsense.

Being knowledgeable and articulate is just that - being knowledgeable and articulate. It doesn't mean the kid must have Asperger's.

Old 06-01-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
standards have changed
Probably the most obvious are a child initiating conversations about sex with adult strangers
The fact that the parents found nothing wrong with this explains the behavior
Nonsense! The child did not initiate a conversation about sex with a strange adult. He made an oblique but funny comment about an oddly shaped toy. That is NOT initiating a conversation about sex!

How ridiculous.

Old 06-01-2018, 03:56 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Agreed, it was an anatomical joke, not a sexual one.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-02-2018, 02:19 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lologal321 View Post
I knew by HIS tone what he was getting at and yes it WAS sort of shaped like that. My thing was I couldnt believe he pointed it out to a strange adult.
That is probably because of your upbringing. My Dh comes from a family of Irish Catholic and they hide everything. Sex is a buig secret. body parts and nature are all a big secret. They like to repress nature and natural things to their children. I don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I find nothing inappropriate about it, and think he conveyed his meaning to you in a very polite manner.

I'm kinda impressed at his sense of humor.
He wasn't rude about it. Just pointing out a fact and a fact of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
WTH?

The boy said "inappropriate" to the OP. That's all. He used the word "penis" when speaking to his parents.

Old 06-02-2018, 02:33 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
I don't see anything wrong with the story except for the part where the mom said the kid was perverted.

I have gone through this age with several kids and its not uncommon at all. I remember at 9ish I couldn't talk about sports with my step sons because I would end up using the word "balls" and they would crack up. It doesn't upset me, either I laugh it off or ignore it.

"Inappropriate" is a word people are using more with kids now because it isn't such a black and white term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting